S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0be5a69d997cf42bd49eb756f2b7ff67.jpg

So I just saw this chitty touch up paint job done on the new awakening Goku...

Eh, nowhere near worth it.

Just finished watching the new ep of Super...
Spoiler Spoiler:

All these Awakening Goku pics make me want mine even sooner...damn it!

At least Super explains how Gohan couldnt go mystic and had to go ssj, because he couldnt unlock his potential due to lack of training.

I also enjoyed seeing Friezas face when he seen Trunks. The pace of Super is just so much better than RoF.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't forget Canofbeams orders open up at 6pm eastern time. I'm kinda excited to finally be able to get something

Just finished watching the new ep of Super...
Spoiler Spoiler:

The show is slightly deviating from the movie so all of the Gotenks/Piccolo/Tagoma stuff are all new. I don't mind how they made Freezer, Tagoma, etc. stronger but damn, give Gohan a fighting chance at least. Even though he hasn't trained, that doesn't mean he should drop to basic Tien/Krillin/Roshi strength. I would've liked to see Gohan & Tagoma/Ginyu go at it for this episode, with Ginyu or whoever barely gaining the upper hand at the end. I dislike how they throw only a couple punches (or in Piccolo's case, just 1 swing) & the fight is over already. It's kinda redundant how it's always "omg we're hopeless without goku"

The show is slightly deviating from the movie so all of the Gotenks/Piccolo/Tagoma stuff are all new. I don't mind how they made Freezer, Tagoma, etc. stronger but damn, give Gohan a fighting chance at least. Even though he hasn't trained, that doesn't mean he should drop to basic Tien/Krillin/Roshi strength. I would've liked to see Gohan & Tagoma/Ginyu go at it for this episode, with Ginyu or whoever barely gaining the upper hand at the end. I dislike how they throw only a couple punches (or in Piccolo's case, just 1 swing) & the fight is over already. It's kinda redundant how it's always "omg we're hopeless without goku"

I am definitely over the whole "only Goku can save us now" logic. It is really old. Goku is the hero, we get it. Let someone else shine for once. Like Vegeta.

The problem with that is that Goku is actually fully aware that he's had to be relied on. He noted this after his fight with Fat Buu that he won't always be here forever, and wants Gohan (even though he proved he could during the Cell Games), Goten and Trunks. Hell, it should be Goten and Trunks since Gohan has a family of his own at this point.

Still not feeling the shinny clown hair in the Advanced Color Vegeta. But that Awakened Goku looks amazing. Going to wait until it hits in the US before getting it. Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly.

Still not feeling the shinny clown hair in the Advanced Color Vegeta. But that Awakened Goku looks amazing. Going to wait until it hits in the US before getting it. Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly.

Lmao it's not that bad. The original release is better yeah, but the gloss effect isn't bad. It's kind of showing what a super saiyan with an aura would look like.

That's always been the deal. Goku is the main character, yes, but for him to save the day EVERY time is just tired and old. Perhaps now it seems like Vegeta may end up getting a victory since he is equal to Goku now (for now at least). At least it's one good aspect of the show.

And now Gohan. Here we have a character that was being built up in DBZ to take on that role and now he's reduced to the usefulness of the Yamcha. The fact that he said he can't even maintain SSJ anymore...wtf?! At this point in the series SSJ is so basic, it's like breathing. Did Toriyama forget that Gohan mastered maintaining SSJ during training in the HTC when he was only a teenager? Now he can barely do even that? It's utterly ridiculous.

While I like how Goku and Vegeta are basically at the same level at this point, I don't like how everything that's been established before is either getting retconned or devalued completely. Gohan's downfall is by far the worst part though. I hope Toriyama doesn't plan on keeping things the way they are. What's the point of character development if it's just gonna be destroyed later? Gohan's story in particular just feels like a big con now.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

The gloss really kills the figure imo. The rest of the line has matte while this one doesn't. Looks odd.

In regards to Goku I wouldn't worry. He's a regular release so there'll be plenty of him to go around for probably years to come.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

And now Gohan. Here we have a character that was being built up in DBZ to take on that role and now he's reduced to the usefulness of the Yamcha. The fact that he said he can't even maintain SSJ anymore...wtf?! At this point in the series SSJ is so basic, it's like breathing. Did Toriyama forget that Gohan mastered maintaining SSJ during training in the HTC when he was only a teenager? Now he can barely do even that? It's utterly ridiculous.

well said. it's just crazy how Gohan was touted as having the highest potential out of every character in DBZ, but these days he's getting KO'd by a couple punches. It's only been like a year since Majin Boo's defeat, and while he wasn't as strong as he was during Cell's defeat, he was still up there & was no weakling by any means. lest we forget that he was trained by GODS as well? sure they're not at the level as Beerus & Whis, but they were still "gods" nonetheless. His Mystic/Ultimate form should be comparable to SSG, perhaps just a couple notches below SSG for obvious reasons, but you get the point. it was supposed to be so powerful that he had no need to even go Super Saiyan anymore.

Goten/Trunks are just relegated to comic relief & that's it, i lost all hope for them at this point. Pan will be walking around talking & they're still going to be presented to us as little kids, mark my words

they really dropped the ball on that :dunno I still love everything Dragon Ball, even this new material, but just.. things like this frustrate me sometimes

Judging by this review and the seperate belt, you might be able to switch out the belt with a post namek sash and make a battle damaged goku for the later period!

well said. it's just crazy how Gohan was touted as having the highest potential out of every character in DBZ, but these days he's getting KO'd by a couple punches. It's only been like a year since Majin Boo's defeat, and while he wasn't as strong as he was during Cell's defeat, he was still up there & was no weakling by any means. lest we forget that he was trained by GODS as well? sure they're not at the level as Beerus & Whis, but they were still "gods" nonetheless. His Mystic/Ultimate form should be comparable to SSG, perhaps just a couple notches below SSG for obvious reasons, but you get the point. Goten/Trunks are just relegated to comic relief & that's it, i lost all hope for them at this point. Pan will be walking around talking & they're still going to be presented to us as little kids, mark my words

they really dropped the ball on that :dunno I still love everything Dragon Ball, even this new material, but just.. things like this frustrate me sometimes

The age thing with Trunks and Goten is another thing. In the Buu Saga, Goten was 7 and Trunks was 8. Now, four years later, they look exactly the same. Not even so much as a height difference. I actually didn't realize that they seem to be playing a more comedic role and honestly that sucks since they did have potential to become successors to Goku and Vegeta since they actually enjoy fighting unlike Gohan.

The way I always saw Ultimate Gohan was that it wasn't really a transformation but more of an unlocking of all of his inert power. Essentially he will always have that power available to him. I believe Elder Kai even says that going SSJ is pointless since his full power is already unlocked. For Gohan at least, SSJ is simply a cosmetic transformation. Now we have him struggling to maintain even that?

I get that Toriyama may not want to keep Gohan in the fight but to devolve him to such a level was just unnecessary. All of Gohan's exploits, training, and development just got thrown out the window. That's just honestly horrible writing on Tori's part :(

It's flatout ditching the buu era, selectively keeping a few things. If you read the newest dbs manga you'll get, posibly, an even more sure thing where this is going. And I think it'll shock some people who get a bigger role, and who are left aside, so it seems.it's espacially funny considering what apparently happened in dbs ep 22.

This series is about goku and vegeta managed to get himself a secure second place. Everything else basically sorta rotates around them as pop-ups.

I obviously dont know how much of dbs the part after RoF will take but if you wanna know who apparently feature in it (and who, regarding the main plot, clearly doesnt apparently) see this manga chapter 6 page (so SPOILERS):
Spoiler Spoiler:

I have yet to read the manga but I will get to that soon

as for the series, it seems like Jaco will become more relevant than any other Z Fighter :lol

Back