S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually quite liked the newest ep of DBS. I understand the gripe with gohan's character, but how i see it is that he does still have his full power but since he's been neglecting his training SO much his physical body cannot handle it and hence he cannot bring out his full power because it would damage himself. I kind of see it like when goku first learned kaioken, his max was times 3 and times 4 was pushing it, he COULD multiply even more but his body could not take it. That's what i gathered from this episode so far about Gohan, if he was dead and in the afterlife then I am sure he could be full power no problem but the main issue is how much weaker the physical body is now, not that his power level is lowered. I mean he pretty much owned tagoma/ginyu after he transformed as well, although i did not like that he just stood their while frieza blasted him over and over again lol In the preview for the next ep you hear goku say something like, "Gohan no! Dont push your body to something you cant handle!" so that could be a reference to that as well, so hopefully the next episode Gohan will at least be in rage mode so that we can maybe see a little bit of what he use to be!

What is that?

Oh that's just ghost Nappa in physical form.
Although this face would be a WAY better ghost Nappa face, makes it seems like he's yelling Vegeta over and over lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449472912.101126.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449472912.101126.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 97
Honestly, I don't see it as canon anyway. To me, Dragonball Z ended after the Cell saga. Everything else is extra. Still sucks.

Its one thing seeing GT as non canon, but any part that has a manga is canon, even the bad stuff.

People always hold the Android/Cell saga in such high regard but lets be honest, it was as rushed as the Buu saga was, the only difference was it was more serious toned. Dont get me wrong I love all the sagas, but apart from a few select fights (of which the Buu saga has too) its no different.

In any case, I dont think Super is all that bad tbh, its actually coming across better than I had hoped.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't see it as canon anyway. To me, Dragonball Z ended after the Cell saga. Everything else is extra. Still sucks.

Agree with you. The anime end after cell. The others, buu and gt for example to me i think the characters himself are awesome. The roll is that not conect well. Thats the problem.

You know, DBS has me really excited for watching Dragon Ball again I feel like I'm watching DBZ as a kid, EP. 22. Right now is one of my favorites seeing Frieza's reaction to seeing Goten and Trunks and It made me laughing seeing the return of Captain Ginyu. It did surprise to what happens with Gohan and Piccolo. It's got me excited and I can't wait til next Sunday.

While I did enjoy this episode it's still disheartening to see the fall of Gohan. I've said my piece on it but as far the quality of the series is concerned, I'd say it's improving. This episode was more serious and kept the comedy to a minimum as it should have. It's a serious situation and was taken as such.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Vegeta's remark in the manga could also be interpreted as a foreshadowing... But I highly doubt it.

Canon...yeah dunno, don't care too much for it, but broad strokes I do take into account. It's easy to make cut off points like the Cell saga and ignore what comes afterward. But clearly ultimate gohan is done for and he never had a real moment of glory to begin with. That's why I want Gohan in his saiyaman form, he's different from everyone else that he sees his fighter self as an alterego, rather than who he is. I like that. I think it's good if they keep it that way, Gohan never wanted to fight, he had to. But now that he can, he helps people, next to his own life. That aspects is rarely if ever given any attention to in dbz. All other fighters don't help people except on the largest scale. EDIT: some other supporting chars like Krillin mostly, do, as a job, we now know. Which is cool, but it's clearly his job and not his true identity at heart. (well maybe goten and trunks together with gohan). I like that diversification.

So never mind ultimate gohan. If Gohan is required to I'm sure he'll come to the rescue, but his main identity is not that of a fighter so it fits that he's not a main character, because the show is mainly simply about fighting at the highest level.

To an extent I'd almost admire it in staying true to the character rather than just fan servicing. Even though I doubt it concerns that much story integrity in reality.

Vegeta's remark in the manga could also be interpreted as a foreshadowing... But I highly doubt it.

Canon...yeah dunno, don't care too much for it, but broad strokes I do take into account. It's easy to make cut off points like the Cell saga and ignore what comes afterward. But clearly ultimate gohan is done for and he never had a real moment of glory to begin with. That's why I want Gohan in his saiyaman form, he's different from everyone else that he sees his fighter self as an alterego, rather than who he is. I like that. I think it's good if they keep it that way, Gohan never wanted to fight, he had to. But now that he can, he helps people, next to his own life. That aspects is rarely if ever given any attention to in dbz. All other fighters don't help people except on the largest scale. EDIT: some other supporting chars like Krillin mostly, do, as a job, we now know. Which is cool, but it's clearly his job and not his true identity at heart. (well maybe goten and trunks together with gohan). I like that diversification.

So never mind ultimate gohan. If Gohan is required to I'm sure he'll come to the rescue, but his main identity is not that of a fighter so it fits that he's not a main character, because the show is mainly simply about fighting at the highest level.

To an extent I'd almost admire it in staying true to the character rather than just fan servicing. Even though I doubt it concerns that much story integrity in reality.

Great points all around...very true that Gohan never really wanted to be a fighter. He's quite the opposite in terms of his father. Is it disappointing? Yes, but most situations he was in..he was "forced" to fight or there was some outside incentive for him to be a fighter.

@RKenshin Is passable Bulma have affair with Whis? ^.^

What can Vegetable do? Powerless, agree? *_*

My review of Awakening Goku is up folks! Thumbnail will be fixed when I get home, forgot to set it to the custom one when I left the PC this morning [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@bardoon My mild disappointment fades realiseing that Gohan added a dramatic measure exactly because he is forced into fighting, rather than seeking it out, it added stakes to dbz that made dbz partly why I loved it. Gohan didn't seek out fights and he was genuinely afraid. Through Gohan you could feel the stakes because, he really had an arc and had to search for his inner strength to face his actual demons. Goku as a kid had to do the same in DB insofar as that he HAD to face odds and wasn't always sure if he'd win, and even din't always wins.

THAT is what I miss in DBS so far. It's too trivial. We've been through all the ressurections and **** in DBZ. DBS is expanding lore, which I like, but otherwise it isn 't oing much. It certainly isn't 'like db' in that senee, DB had real heart, real stakes to be felt, wisdom and it managedto pack all that together with genuinely funny humor and levity.

DBS feels like the opposite, it's levity with forced hyperbolic stakes added, when dbz lready was universe level stakes. Doesn't work for me. I like the framework of whats coming after rof, but db and dbz have more in common that I'm a fan of than either of them with DBS so far.

@bardoon My mild disappointment fades realiseing that Gohan added a dramatic measure exactly because he is forced into fighting, rather than seeking it out, it added stakes to dbz that made dbz partly why I loved it. Gohan didn't seek out fights and he was genuinely afraid. Through Gohan you could feel the stakes because, he really had an arc and had to search for his inner strength to face his actual demons. Goku as a kid had to do the same in DB insofar as that he HAD to face odds and wasn't always sure if he'd win, and even din't always wins.

THAT is what I miss in DBS so far. It's too trivial. We've been through all the ressurections and **** in DBZ. DBS is expanding lore, which I like, but otherwise it isn 't oing much. It certainly isn't 'like db' in that senee, DB had real heart, real stakes to be felt, wisdom and it managedto pack all that together with genuinely funny humor and levity.

DBS feels like the opposite, it's levity with forced hyperbolic stakes added, when dbz lready was universe level stakes. Doesn't work for me. I like the framework of whats coming after rof, but db and dbz have more in common that I'm a fan of than either of them with DBS so far.

That's why I'm in favor of a Dragon Ball "reboot" with a more mature and conjoined storyline that aids with that "sense of urgency" that is missing in the series with all the power-up's and easy resurrections. I think a lot of Dragon Ball's fans have grown up and with all the mature and adult-oriented animes on TV, we can "handle" a more mature Dragon Ball. I wrote a synopsis of what I believe would be an awesome Dragon Ball reboot on another forum:

Here's what I'd do:

-I'd start with DBZ with flashbacks to kid Goku. Gohan WILL NOT be born until later. In the beginning, Goku is an older teenager, Bulma is a college-aged young inventor, Chi-chi is the same age as Goku, etc. Goku is being convinced to join "the real world" by Bulma, Krillin, Chi-chi and others. He lives with Master Roshi and Krillin at Roshi's hut.

-Raditz will have a HUGE role. He will be Vegeta's early rival and Frieza's Saiyan advisor. He will seek to recruit his brother for Frieza's army. Raditz actually defeats Goku during the early Saiyan saga but leaves to allow Goku to grow "more powerful". He then personally sets up Vegeta and Nappa traveling to Earth to challenge Goku. Raditz also is trying to embarrass Vegeta constantly and reveal that lower-class Saiyans can rival the upper-class.

-Vegeta will still be a cold-hearted S.O.B., but he will reveal much of the Saiyan heritage to a young Goku. Though cold and evil in the beginning, he does secretly seek vengeance against Frieza for destroying the Saiyan race.

-Frieza will be aware of the Super Saiyan power like before, not because he heard it from legends and stories, but because he actually killed one...barely. That Super Saiyan? Bardock. He defeated him because Bardock wasn't as formally trained as Goku was to handle all the power and succumbed to the Death Ball trying to save the Saiyan race, ALMOST pushing it back. This causes King Cold, Frieza and Cooler to seek an excuse to destroy most of the Saiyan race as they fear their power.

-Goku will turn Super Saiyan because Frieza kills a redeemed Raditz, NOT Krillin.

-After the Frieza/Namek saga, there will be a "Saiyan Search Saga" which involves Vegeta and Goku searching space for more Saiyans. One person they encounter - Broly. And they barely escape with their lives. Vegeta will become Super Saiyan during this Saga as an underlying storyline is his jealousy of Goku's power and how to surpass him. This storyline will also build the history of the Saiyans and touch on such mythos as the Legendary Super Saiyan, the different levels of the Super Saiyans and the destructive nature that they've caused thanks to Frieza. Vegeta will also encounter a rogue group of peaceful Saiyans led by his brother Tarble...which is an eye-opener for the fight-loving Vegeta.

That's all I got so far...I haven't thought much further past the Namek saga.

I also threw in a "Dragon Ball origin" story:

Like an "origin" of the DBZ Universe story. It could explain how the dragons like Shenron and Porunga got tied to the Dragon Balls. And considering how other worlds have their own Dragon Balls, we could see how the dragon "race" originated as well across the universe! I like it. The series is called "DRAGON BALL" after all!

I might have mentioned this before, but I would also like an "origin of the Saiyans" movie as well. About how the race got their start and I would actually say they rebelled after being slaves to the Tuffles for many generations (discovered on Planet Saiya and transported to Planet Plant by the technologically superior Tuffles). Their rebel leader? The Legendary Super Saiyan who was initially a brave, powerful and charismatic Saiyan (from Broly and Paragus' family line) but eventually became corrupt and was driven mad by his own power. As the first "Super Saiyan", he had trouble controlling his power as it forever "increased" and constantly fought an internal battle between the man and oozaru. The original Legendary Super Saiyan actually suffered from genetic abnormalities that allowed him to be the first Super Saiyan, but gave him mental disabilities as time went by.

I would eventually say that it was the noble (yet egotistical) Vegeta family that rebelled against the rule of the Legendary Super Saiyan. They took control of the Saiyans as the new royal family and used the Tuffles' technology to expand their territory until coming in contact with another galaxy warlord, King Cold. A long and bloody war started which came to a head when King Cold (along with his sons Frieza and Cooler) defeated the Saiyans and forced them to sign a peace treaty as well as be conscripted as mercenaries for Cold's armies (eventually to be "succeeded" by Frieza and Cooler). Behind the scenes, King Vegeta also managed the Saiyans by constantly monitoring the Legendary Super Saiyans' bloodline as his family had for generations, killing off any "genetic abnormalities" that could cause another Legendary Super Saiyan. Cold was aware of the "Legendary Super Saiyan" as his race was also space-faring like the Tuffles and his ancestor had heard about what happened to that race. The Vegeta family's reliance on the Tuffles' technology though-out the years actually "weakened" the Saiyan race as they became more reliant on tools like Scouters, etc. instead of expanding their own abilities through constant training (like Goku and Vegeta eventually would). Already being an extremely powerful race, they had little to strive for until they fought against Cold, his race and his armies and were defeated but allowed "peace" so Cold could keep tabs on the Saiyans and use them as his elite warriors. Given a sense of purpose to conquer, the Saiyans initially relished being let loose but the ruling Vegeta family knew they were being controlled and he slowly plotted his own coup against Cold, Frieza and Cooler. This would bring the storyline up to around the time Goku is born and the Saiyans have their last stand.

Back