S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to ask you if you could do a close up shot of your SSJ Trunks in the sword slash pose. I'm trying really hard to get mine in that pose but am failing pretty hard. :thud:

Hi bro, I hope this helps you:

12235021_10208095407045771_4116511982178920889_n.jpg

Dont go near the unknown bootleg for your own good man. I have a review ready for this week and its horrible. Right after the thing snapped in two, I cant emphasize enough not to waste your money [emoji38]

The only thing I will say to its defense is that they used ssj3 Gokus mold so it has better shoulders and the ssj3 neck joint bizarrely, but it will likely break regardless.

Datongs regular Goku isnt as noticable in the colours area as ssj Goku is.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hey deano! thanks for the input, you took one for the team it seems!:clap snapping in two sounds pretty funny, would be funny if you edit it into the review (looking forward to it as usual :) ). I guess i'll be tracking down a datong one then, i hadnt noticed that the unknown had the rounded off shoulders though, that is quite peculiar, too bad datong didnt do the same. I can't wait to get SWA goku though, glad i have one coming from amiami, so i'll have it a bit early!

Are you against using Mystic Gohan for the extra body?

Sent from my laboratory using Tapatalk

Hey DexLax, I'm not opposed to using the gohan body (especially since it has better chopping hands!), but i also wanted a regular goku head to swap with the SWA body, i felt that it would be a shame to have such a nicely sculpted body boxed away and not displayed.

so BBTS is bad web for pre-ordeR? i have pre-order pce vegeta and trunks and effect aura yellow. what will gonna happen?*_*
No BBTS is fine, they just stole prodigy's lawn mower and only returned it recently, so he's been mad ever since then

No BBTS is fine, they just stole prodigy's lawn mower and only returned it recently, so he's been mad ever since then

:rotfl

Very true! BBTS is solid.

But I'd recommend MHToyshop for potential future purchases. They're starting with cheaper rates right now but you do have to do a 20% deposit.

Hey DexLax, I'm not opposed to using the gohan body (especially since it has better chopping hands!), but i also wanted a regular goku head to swap with the SWA body, i felt that it would be a shame to have such a nicely sculpted body boxed away and not displayed.

1. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Gohan actually isn't good for head swaps as it includes a new neck sculpt that only seems to fit the Gohan and Vegetto heads. I placed a normal form Goku head on the neck and it was possible to get it on but it was a very tight fit and the head couldn't be moved much.

2. I highly recommend you avoid the unknown bootleg. I just happened to get one a few days ago as part of a trade and the wrist and leg joints (which are flesh tone for some reason) have already snapped. Aside from that it's an overall terrible copy. Datong unfortunately may be the best option, it seems the SWA SS Goku head won't be a good match with any official Goku figures due to the darker skin tone.

3. You can always use the extra normal form Goku head included with the SSGSS Goku for swaps (unless you don't plan on buying that Goku).

1. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Gohan actually isn't good for head swaps as it includes a new neck sculpt that only seems to fit the Gohan and Vegetto heads. I placed a normal form Goku head on the neck and it was possible to get it on but it was a very tight fit and the head couldn't be moved much.

2. I highly recommend you avoid the unknown bootleg. I just happened to get one a few days ago as part of a trade and the wrist and leg joints (which are flesh tone for some reason) have already snapped. Aside from that it's an overall terrible copy. Datong unfortunately may be the best option, it seems the SWA SS Goku head won't be a good match with any official Goku figures due to the darker skin tone.

3. You can always use the extra normal form Goku head included with the SSGSS Goku for swaps (unless you don't plan on buying that Goku).

oh wow, i had no idea that the U.Gohan figure actually had different parts like on the neck! i was actually gonna try to do an sdcc ssj goku style repaint and use the SWA ss goku head, which is why i was looking for a goku body. I am also definitely getting SSGSS Goku, i have two coming in from anime-island! Luckily theyre two different hauls and one haul should ship as soon as he comes in stock, i kind of regret not waiting for japanese retailers to get it in stock so i could just get it right away. Last i checked nippon-yassan and some other ones had SSGSS Goku in stock for a pretty good price. But yeah the purpose for me was to head swap with SWA SS goku and make an SDCC custom while also having a battle damaged normal mode goku. I thought about head swapping with SSGSS but then i'd still have an extra body laying around especially since that body does not go into normal ss transformation. I thought about painting that one up in end of DBZ or GT colors, but since that figure is probably gonna get a release for real I dont want to bother with that anymore.

Also, originally i bought 2 ultimate gohans with another piccolo and was gonna make a custom SSJ gohan in his purple gi, but the leaks from the unknown bandai guy said that that version of gohan was in the works, you guys think i should just wait now instead as well?

Well the sucker finally arrived. Surprisingly I had no idea I ordered two. Oh well, it's one for me and one for my waifu ღ˘‿˘ற꒱
d0eb383efda3e27d8f3055fe51ff5018.jpg

-snip-

Also, originally i bought 2 ultimate gohans with another piccolo and was gonna make a custom SSJ gohan in his purple gi, but the leaks from the unknown bandai guy said that that version of gohan was in the works, you guys think i should just wait now instead as well?
You might be waiting a few years for that purple gi gohan though

@blood yeah you may be right, especially since they may be waiting for NA buu saga to air :(

and after seeing Gary_wwe trunks' pose i thought i'd give it a shot as well. I couldnt get the arms positioned the same way he could and not as anime accurate as he has it either :slap but the pose definitely puts the articulation to the test as well as your own articulating skills to the test! The secret i think is definitely in the wrist joints and careful positioning of the arms, took me a long time of finaggling to get mine the way it is.

So i edit the post: first pic is how I had it before with the arm bent a little more, second pic after some MORE finnagling got the arm to be straighter and played around with hips and diaphragm joints and got it pretty close. To get the arm straighter like in my second pic though, it feels like its straining the elbow joint a bit, maybe not enough to damage but just a tad bit. The safer way is how I have it in the first pic, but it's not as dynamic or accurate sadly :lecture

ssj trunks pose 1.jpgssj trunks pose 3.jpg

Speaking of which, has anyone with an early copy of the Warrior Awakening Goku shown off any head-swaps?

Given that the neck/head pieces may be constructed differently, there's no guarantee which past figure heads will be compatible with it.

Luckily, they constantly re-release the SSJ Goku so if you want an "old style" head and neck piece....you can always grab that one. I think he was re-released again recently so he should be easy to find.

Does anyone know of a thread (on this forum or another, send me a PM if it's elsewhere) that lists DBZ figures that work with Figuarts scale? I recently decided to dramatically expand my collection beyond simply Figuarts but I want to stay as close to scale as possible, so I've been juggling with Banpresto HQDX, HSCF, Creatures, SCultures, etc.. so far it's great and I have all versions and forms of Freeza and a few other characters (Fat Buu and Evil Buu, Androids 19 and 20).. I found a couple threads on Google but they haven't been active for months, so was just wondering if anyone knew of a good one out there. Thanks in advance!

Here's a few pictures of my latest arrivals (sorry about the terrible lighting and my camera is ancient) :)

KtqglPz.jpg

plbmOKk.jpg

iGGFNp1.jpg

vXYOxRE.jpg

2OXghI7.jpg

Speaking of which, has anyone with an early copy of the Warrior Awakening Goku shown off any head-swaps?

Given that the neck/head pieces may be constructed differently, there's no guarantee which past figure heads will be compatible with it.

Luckily, they constantly re-release the SSJ Goku so if you want an "old style" head and neck piece....you can always grab that one. I think he was re-released again recently so he should be easy to find.
Its already been confirmed the peg is the same as all the others. D amazing popped the head off but didnt put the regular head on, he only put the new head on a regular body, still, thats more than enough proof to me.

Honestly I had noticed Gohans neck was a little tight, but the peg is still the same so it does work, albeit a little restricted. Figuarts heads always tend to be swappable, with the exception of special ones like ssj3 Goku.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of a thread (on this forum or another, send me a PM if it's elsewhere) that lists DBZ figures that work with Figuarts scale? I recently decided to dramatically expand my collection beyond simply Figuarts but I want to stay as close to scale as possible, so I've been juggling with Banpresto HQDX, HSCF, Creatures, SCultures, etc.. so far it's great and I have all versions and forms of Freeza and a few other characters (Fat Buu and Evil Buu, Androids 19 and 20).. I found a couple threads on Google but they haven't been active for months, so was just wondering if anyone knew of a good one out there. Thanks in advance!

Here's a few pictures of my latest arrivals (sorry about the terrible lighting and my camera is ancient) :)

View attachment 223964

View attachment 223966

View attachment 223967

View attachment 223968

View attachment 223969

They really could have done a much better job with the extra Krillin head with 18 lmao

Back