S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm buying adult gohan and trade heads with ssj god goku (comes with regular head). Just commenting for the people thinking of buying goku on ebay

Got a sealed Trunks (brown shipper sealed also) for $215.00, not too shabby. I was fine with just getting the AC Trunks but they had to remove some accessories and the urge to get the OG Trunks was too much

Got a sealed Trunks (brown shipper sealed also) for $215.00, not too shabby. I was fine with just getting the AC Trunks but they had to remove some accessories and the urge to get the OG Trunks was too much
Yeah I don't blame you, being sealed makes that not too bad.

I think scouter vegeta would not hve a premium color edition. Also for sdcc so, someone sell scouter vegeta? New or used with everything and for last but not less important cheap? Thank you

I feel the same way. All power to them. If Tamashii isn't gonna do it someone else will. It's their own fault for not catering to the market.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

you're right dude; Jacksdo has produced unique pieces that are specifically made for S.H. Figuarts, which almost makes em just as legitimate. the company is only like a notch or 2 below "legitimate" status. bootlegs are copies & nothing more

i guess people confuse Jacksdo & Datong as synonymous with one another

I dont see why anyone wouldnt support them. They arent bootleggers, they make custom heads for things tamashii hasnt got to yet. Imho they are no different to frankiedf. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

the fact that you guys need to defend a company says alot, doesn't it? you very well know that these guys arn't playing by the rules. including frankie and any customizer who charges money for their stuff. they arn't paying any money to toriyama and toei. why not? because deep down they only care about themself. yeah, their creativity i can respect. but they didn't invent it, Toriyama did. how would you feel if you invent something but someone else is getting money from it? Without Toriyama they are nothing. the biggest difference between jacksdo and tamashii is that tamashii respects the author. atleast tamashii asked and pay Toei for permission to make profit off of something they own. Jacksdo, etc... have all the freedom while tamashii is stuck with the licence agreements and anything tamashii wants to produce needs aproval of Toei. smiling ssj goku face, anyone?
Tamashii respects the author and Toei, so therefore i respect them and give them my money. jacksdo and anyone else who cares only about themself can frankly go **** themself too.

yeah that too and while I respect that stance, for me personally, it doesn't really matter if an item is "official" or not. I love craftsmanship & creativity, which is why i have so many custom figures & have mad respect for customizers that are fueled by passion instead of profit. of course I'll always choose an official product over a cheap bootleg even if they're near identical, but at the same time if something unique catches my eye, a legitimate company "stamp of approval" becomes meaningless to me

i love my big budget multi-million dollar Hollywood movies, but i also enjoy the smaller niche indie films just as much if not more

it's not about profit or passion. it's about respect for authencity. if jacksdo is so passionate about their figures then why did they leave the boot tips white as **** that stands out like an eyesore? or that crappy painted trunks head that you need to replace with the original one?

do i find it ok if a customizer ask money for his figure? no, unless it's an original figure he/she invented. do i find it ok if someone sees a nice custom figure and wants to pay for it? yes.
everybody has a big dislike to that one infamous customizer here because he produces many low quality customs to make a profit. but what makes you think a customizer who takes a bit more time isn't just as bad of a person as him? that he doesn't have the same goal as the crappy one? i mean look at reaper checking in here if there was an interest in bases. ;)

anyhoo, y'all are selfish little bastards. caring only about yourself and your collection. but hey, i'm just as ugly as you guys. afterall, it takes one to know one.

Truth spoken words @blood.

I came to Figuarts line only just in April. I've seen Datongs and other bootlegs here and there during my hunt to collect the original figures. Not once have I thought of buying the knock offs. I rather NOT have it than pay money to the fakes.

I'm still browsing through this thread from page 1 and at some point, many people were bashing about release of the KO, next thing you know couple pages later, people are inquiring about them.

Im surprised Blood, a rant without knowing the facts? Jacksdo make the custom heads ONLY, datong make the bootleg figures.

I do agree about bootleggers, you know I always have. They are a means to an end, and without them we likely wouldnt have got these premium versions. People were giving money to datong instead, forcing tamashiis hand to find alternative ways around their exclusive tag.

I also want to add that I wouldnt buy ANY bootleg unless I already had the original. The only exception being sdcc Vegeta due my absolute hatred of the real one. I wouldnt give tamashii money for that abomination if I had a gun at my head.

how would you feel if you invent something but someone else is getting money from it?

to take a quote from The Social Network, "people that build chairs don't owe money to the first person that's ever built a chair." but hey, what I said is just how I feel about figures in general and anyone's entitled to disagree if they want :dunno

to take a quote from The Social Network, "people that build chairs don't owe money to the first person that's ever built a chair." but hey, what I said is just how I feel about figures in general and anyone's entitled to disagree if they want :dunno

and i hope you see why someone wouldn't buy their product.
but to answer about the chair, that's because the overall shape and fuctional features can't be copyrighted. the shape however can be design patented.
Anime/cartoon characters can be copyrighted and trademarked.

Im surprised Blood, a rant without knowing the facts? Jacksdo make the custom heads ONLY, datong make the bootleg figures.

I do agree about bootleggers, you know I always have. They are a means to an end, and without them we likely wouldnt have got these premium versions. People were giving money to datong instead, forcing tamashiis hand to find alternative ways around their exclusive tag.

I also want to add that I wouldnt buy ANY bootleg unless I already had the original. The only exception being sdcc Vegeta due my absolute hatred of the real one. I wouldnt give tamashii money for that abomination if I had a gun at my head.

well im sorry i got that wrong.
but people didn't need to buy the bootleg to let tamashii know or force them. people need to grow up and realise that while their outcry is heard, their wish couldn't be fullfilled. they need to accept that there will be times in their lifes that they will be denied the things they want or need. tamashii tried to explain why it was not possible but they also let us know that they were working to find a way around. so while our request was not bad it was just not going to be fulfilled. but i bet most of the parents didn't teach them this coping mechanisme. so they went ahead and bought the bootleg.

atleast i bought a licensed Nappa :monkey3

looking at the comments i quoted. it's like you guys are delusional. trying to talk to yourself what you do is a good thing while trying to convert others to the dark side (inb4 someone quote me with a star wars gif or meme) even though you guys don't see it as a bad thing. no matter how you twist it, they are selling unlicensed products. yeah, datong makes their boxes with their logo on it so the customer doesn't get confused. which is all fine and dandy. but they didn't get the approval of Toei to sell it, did they?

I came to Figuarts line only just in April. I've seen Datongs and other bootlegs here and there during my hunt to collect the original figures. Not once have I thought of buying the knock offs. I rather NOT have it than pay money to the fakes.

I'm still browsing through this thread from page 1 and at some point, many people were bashing about release of the KO, next thing you know couple pages later, people are inquiring about them.

I own a datong Vegeta. And somehow I can still sleep at night. Minimal jump in quality aside, plastic is plastic.

In this case, copyrights don't mean **** to me because I don't agree with these ever-extending periods for which they're held. Why does Toriyama, Disney, Spielberg, or any of these big guns need to still hold exclusive copyrights to their works after decades and decades? They've made their fortunes.

Copyrights are in place to protect one's intellectual property, but there is a reason copyright laws expire, to give others a chance to reinterpret that creative work. Look at the Jungle Book and Peter Pan, both free-for-use properties that have been respun and retold countless times. Whether the interpretations were of quality or not isnt important; what is important is that artists are able to play in each other's sandboxes.

So yeah.
e3ef23b51359131729d24e8204bb6e1c8f05ab87d49d9ca84a26b9f7e4587b8e.jpg

I own a datong Vegeta. And somehow I can still sleep at night. Minimal jump in quality aside, plastic is plastic.

In this case, copyrights don't mean **** to me because I don't agree with these ever-extending periods for which they're held. Why does Toriyama, Disney, Spielberg, or any of these big guns need to still hold exclusive copyrights to their works after decades and decades? They've made their fortunes.

Copyrights are in place to protect one's intellectual property, but there is a reason copyright laws expire, to give others a chance to reinterpret that creative work. Look at the Jungle Book and Peter Pan, both free-for-use properties that have been respun and retold countless times. Whether the interpretations were of quality or not isnt important; what is important is that artists are able to play in each other's sandboxes.

So yeah.
View attachment 211189

arn't you quite ****in envy.

I'm the same. I'll only buy a bootleg if I have the OG. That said, I'll always take the official over bootleg. The only bootlegs figures I personally own are Datongs and those are out the door the minute I get the AC editions in and I only have them cuz I have the OG.

A lot of the reason why Jacksdo gets a "bad rap" is because it is often synonymous with Datong. Two different companies and distinctions.

Datong - Makes bootleg Figuart products
Jacksdo - Makes ORIGINAL Figuart compatible products (heads, props, etc.)

As Fat said, copyright's expire and Toei's made their share. Jacksdo is just as bad as Can of Beams, countless Figuart customizers, and the like which is not at all.

I'm the same. I'll only buy a bootleg if I have the OG. That said, I'll always take the official over bootleg. The only bootlegs figures I personally own are Datongs and those are out the door the minute I get the AC editions in and I only have them cuz I have the OG.

A lot of the reason why Jacksdo gets a "bad rap" is because it is often synonymous with Datong. Two different companies and distinctions.

Datong - Makes bootleg Figuart products
Jacksdo - Makes ORIGINAL Figuart compatible products (heads, props, etc.)

As Fat said, copyright's expire and Toei's made their share. Jacksdo is just as bad as Can of Beams, countless Figuart customizers, and the like which is not at all.

you do realise that they profit from merchandise so they can spent more money in producing animes? producing an anime can get very expensive...

you do realise that they profit from merchandise so they can spent more money in producing animes? producing an anime can get very expensive...

An anime such as DBS with excellent script, acting, and animation. Yeah I know. It doesn't matter though because they create unique products. Everything that has DB on it doesn't need to be approved by Toei/Toriyama. If I take a Figuart, resculpt and repaint it as a custom and sell it, am I evil for doing so because I didn't ask permission?

An anime such as DBS with excellent script, acting, and animation. Yeah I know. It doesn't matter though because they create unique products. Everything that has DB on it doesn't need to be approved by Toei/Toriyama. If I take a Figuart, resculpt and repaint it as a custom and sell it, am I evil for doing so because I didn't ask permission?

you are in my eyes

latest

looking at the comments i quoted. it's like you guys are delusional. trying to talk to yourself what you do is a good thing while trying to convert others to the dark side (inb4 someone quote me with a star wars gif or meme) even though you guys don't see it as a bad thing. no matter how you twist it, they are selling unlicensed products. yeah, datong makes their boxes with their logo on it so the customer doesn't get confused. which is all fine and dandy. but they didn't get the approval of Toei to sell it, did they?

likewise, I think it's delusional how some people have the mindset like "Broly is an awesome character design with great engineering & I love it, however he isn't a canon character, therefore he will not look good & doesn't belong in my display with the rest." same logic can be applied with Jacksdo/unlicensed & official products that are available. You/we have the freedom to like something & buy it with or without this "stamp of approval" and if people choose to have their purchases dictated solely by the Official Company Logo on the box then more power to them, to each their own. I'm kinda the same way, but have more leeway & perhaps more appreciation for unique pieces that you can't find anywhere else*. i think that was the point I was trying to make. but who am I to judge :dunno

but anyway, you said you bought that Scultures Nappa, been thinking about buying that too. it's the best we got until a worthier item becomes available

*if Jacksdo/Datong/Whoever somehow manages to get ahold of the Figuarts Shenron or Nappa mold & reproduces it, you best believe me and a helluva lot of others will be buying that ***** no question :monkey4

arn't you quite ****in envy.

auwll.jpg

Take that and reverse it. I'm not sure when you grew up, but if it was in the 80s, then you're all too aware of how and why most children's tv shows exist--to sell toys.

Back