S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like this goes both ways. But I think the only truly evil people are the people who actually scalped the regular Figuarts. Don't care what it is, that IS pure evil. >___>

Hotei is sorta right though, a lot of things exist to sell toys. How do you guys think we got Batman and Robin?

I'm not against "the people" who buys the KO, but I'm an enthusiast who prefer to support the right licensed product. I just agree with @blood statement.

In the end we're all different and think differently, to each his own. Do what makes you happy, not what Blood says haha.

I'm not against "the people" who buys the KO, but I'm an enthusiast who prefer to support the right licensed product. I just agree with @blood statement.

In the end we're all different and think differently, to each his own. Do what makes you happy, not what Blood says haha.
I am against ****** Fake Bootlegs but I could care less who buys them. I do support customs people have done like Franky and jacksdo but I hate straight up copies like Datong. **** them bootlegs.

Jacksdo ain't no KO though. Jacksdo makes custom stuff. Datong is and they are the evil ones here imo. I'd rather not have a figure if I have to settle for a KO. That said, if Tamashii takes the hint and makes the stuff Jacksdo makes, I'll drop Jacksdo in a heartbeat (if it doesn't look terrible of course).

While I mostly agree on the knock off Vs. legitimate argument, I see where DaTong has made a niche for itself and I can respect that. While I don't agree on them not paying for the licensing, they definitely should have to still, I do still appreciate their existence in the market.

For a collector that just wants the figures to mess around with and have on a shelf, I would much rather spend the $40 to get a figure that Tamashii apparently put out years ago, yet apparently will not re-issue ever. Otherwise it would be $3-400 for a piece of plastic, which is ridiculous. They need to AC SSj 3 if anything. It's the only other figure that is commanding a absurd price right now compared to the others. Even Scouter Vegeta can be found for just over $100, which is still ridiculous, but manageable I guess.

These aren't on the same level as Sideshow or Hot Toys figures, yet some are commanding the same price point which blows my mind.

lol the "legit" reason: Tamashii Nations wasn't confident that he would sell as much as the other characters. although I'm sure he would've sold way more than Android 16, so their logic is obviously beyond ours

think about it; when he was first revealed back in 2012 (maybe even earlier than that), SHF DBZ wasn't as poppin' as it is now. they could revisit him now, but Super is gonna be their primary focus (with Buu saga here n there), so that's not looking too good for past characters including Nap

the only solution is, we just gotta keep letting them know that there's still a demand for him via Twitter, Facebook, conventions, etc.

I don't think we have to really worry about DBS (at least not yet). What could they possibly release besides what they've already shown us? Maybe Champa and Whis but there aren't any other prominent designs/characters and won't be until the RoF stuff is over which is gonna take a few months at least. My guess is that we'll be seeing a lot of Buu and Namek stuff next year with sprinklings of new DBS figures (if there are any to make).

I'm using logic and patterns in this guess so I may be completely wrong and they could release Garlic Jr saga stuff for all we know [emoji26]

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Interesting to see you take such a stand Blood, but you make a crucial mistake. I agree regarding bootlegs, and you know that (you memed me once because of it lol), but I disagree regarding frankie and customisers. Copyright is a good thing at its core, but they're rules, and rules never entail the nuance of the situation in practice. If Frankie starts having a big company and whole selling his stuff, yeah then it becomes something else to talk about, but handcrafted effects stuff? Come on. That anime producing argument doesn't hold up at all for someone who handcrafts because their business isn't even enough to live off, let alone make any significant license money. Beyond that I doubt what Frankie makes is or can be copyrighted, besides the names. (And I haven't bought anything from him btw.) Then there's a completely opposite side to it: if anything he HELPS SELL figuarts, because he is in fact PROMOTING their products via his own work. Did you think about that? He makes NEW handcrafted items that actually promote these figures, because they're useless without them. You're not okay with that? Really? Because of a few cents he doesn't pay in licensing things that aren't even characters!?

Moreover, earning from something made off or for something else someone made without paying them licensing money directly is NOT innately wrong, in fact we do it everyday. The computer is the best modern day example of that. People make something new with existing artefacts of others constantly, that's how we innovate technologically and enable new creativity. The point is whether you're actually COPYING someone, hence the name copyright. And there lies a mistake you make: manycustomisers DO pay licensing fees, because they actually have to buy the original figure first. That is why it isn't copying; it's creating something new out of something existing that you paid for to a licensor, and almost every more complicated product around has an element of that. As far as I know with material products that is entirely legal and both rightly and thank to god so – it's what enables technological and artistic advancement in society. When you buy an Apple computer you buy intel chips. Apple bought those chips from intel to sell them in their new design. that is exactly what a customiser does: they buy official material, do their own thing with it (with other materials all paid for we're gonna assume), and sell it. That's legal and in my eyes entirely moral, especially because in doing so both parties help each other. (Their asking price is something else... Different topic.) And the legality and morality of that regarding non-material products, including intellectual property, is also definitely not black and white. Take sampling in music: is a lot of hip hop evil now? No, it's not, but even you wanna argue that, it's a very grey thing. It's assimilating previously made things – hopefully its parts paid for via a legit outlet – to make new things. That's the corner stone of artificial progression. That's what our society's advancement is based upon. That includes intellectual property as well.

Jacksdo does also fall into that grey area. Although they don't just create something new, they actually copy too: they copy a design. And they mass manufacture to my knowledge too. So that does make grey on the side of black rather than white for me.

Nonetheless, copying and assimilating are two different things, practically, morally and legally. I agree with you regarding the knockoffs and more than I realised admittedly also regarding jacksdo, but not people who make new stuff handcrafted from scratch and have a small operation, nor customisers who had to buy the initial licensed material. You're mistaken if you equate that to bootlegging. Practically, principally and legally, it's not the same, and carries positive elements that you seemingly overlook... EDIT: Mainly the promotional element of both the product it ties to as well as the intellectual property.

And practically speaking copyright is also just overrated, toriyama has his money. And Tamashii isn't always making the best business decisions in my eyes.

Rules are meaningless if they don't impact practice in the practical way they're meant to – copyright was invented so that people could live off their inventions, not to exploit it with a principled excuse to horde money – and beyond actual mass produced items, practically there's no significant impact on the recourses to invest in new products by the license holders. Tamashii doesn't even wanna make separate effect pieces! Their own fault letting that space in the market lay there.

I feel like this goes both ways. But I think the only truly evil people are the people who actually scalped the regular Figuarts. Don't care what it is, that IS pure evil. >___>

I agree with you there.

I read your novella, Sil. Good points.

There's a final form Frieza on eBay for $130. Decent price but no box I think. I have not seen him this low for a while, FYI if anyone wanted him.

Interesting to see you take such a stand Blood, but you make a crucial mistake. I agree regarding bootlegs, and you know that (you memed me once because of it lol), but I disagree regarding frankie and customisers. Copyright is a good thing at its core, but they're rules, and rules never entail the nuance of the situation in practice. If Frankie starts having a big company and whole selling his stuff, yeah then it becomes something else to talk about, but handcrafted effects stuff? Come on. That anime producing argument doesn't hold up at all for someone who handcrafts because their business isn't even enough to live off, let alone make any significant license money. Beyond that I doubt what Frankie makes is or can be copyrighted, besides the names. (And I haven't bought anything from him btw.) Then there's a completely opposite side to it: if anything he HELPS SELL figuarts, because he is in fact PROMOTING their products via his own work. Did you think about that? He makes NEW handcrafted items that actually promote these figures, because they're useless without them. You're not okay with that? Really? Because of a few cents he doesn't pay in licensing things that aren't even characters!?

Moreover, earning from something made off or for something else someone made without paying them licensing money directly is NOT innately wrong, in fact we do it everyday. The computer is the best modern day example of that. People make something new with existing artefacts of others constantly, that's how we innovate technologically and enable new creativity. The point is whether you're actually COPYING someone, hence the name copyright. And there lies a mistake you make: manycustomisers DO pay licensing fees, because they actually have to buy the original figure first. That is why it isn't copying; it's creating something new out of something existing that you paid for to a licensor, and almost every more complicated product around has an element of that. As far as I know with material products that is entirely legal and both rightly and thank to god so – it's what enables technological and artistic advancement in society. When you buy an Apple computer you buy intel chips. Apple bought those chips from intel to sell them in their new design. that is exactly what a customiser does: they buy official material, do their own thing with it (with other materials all paid for we're gonna assume), and sell it. That's legal and in my eyes entirely moral, especially because in doing so both parties help each other. (Their asking price is something else... Different topic.) And the legality and morality of that regarding non-material products, including intellectual property, is also definitely not black and white. Take sampling in music: is a lot of hip hop evil now? No, it's not, but even you wanna argue that, it's a very grey thing. It's assimilating previously made things – hopefully its parts paid for via a legit outlet – to make new things. That's the corner stone of artificial progression. That's what our society's advancement is based upon. That includes intellectual property as well.

Jacksdo does also fall into that grey area. Although they don't just create something new, they actually copy too: they copy a design. And they mass manufacture to my knowledge too. So that does make grey on the side of black rather than white for me.

Nonetheless, copying and assimilating are two different things, practically, morally and legally. I agree with you regarding the knockoffs and more than I realised admittedly also regarding jacksdo, but not people who make new stuff handcrafted from scratch and have a small operation, nor customisers who had to buy the initial licensed material. You're mistaken if you equate that to bootlegging. Practically, principally and legally, it's not the same, and carries positive elements that you seemingly overlook... EDIT: Mainly the promotional element of both the product it ties to as well as the intellectual property.

they're a nice compliment to the figures. i know he's just filling in the blanks and not exactly copying any product. he gave the kamehameha a personal, more of a brute touch but what i don't want you to do is to try to convince yourself that what you bought is not wrong. what i want you to do is go to church on sunday and ask god for forgiveness for you have sinned!

when you buy something you can do w/e you want with it. i know that although on certain item it does state that you can't resell it but this doesn't matter here. but don't forget that some stated that they're perfectly fine if customizers buy the bootlegs. i propbably gave too much **** to the customizers here that doesn't deserve it because of a personal experiance i had with someone. in the weekends i go to a local nerdy store here and there was this one guy talking about My little pony and that alot of guys watch so i went ahead and said that i watch it too. suddenly he tried to get info on what would sell well. which just came out wrong to me. he found it weird that guys watch it yet he wants to take advantage of it. i can totally respect a customizer if he/she crafted something with a passion and for personal use and then someone comes along and wants to pay for the item and suddenly alot more people see it and want it too and then boom. but to start something for personal reasons like making profit and taking advantage of what is popular, that is wrong to me. you get me?

you've seen my collection. i own alot of unlicensed masks. but it's because i know that the guy who makes it started with making michael myers masks for himself. because there was no market for that. so he had no other option but to learn how to make it himself and it all grew from there. like i said before i am just as ugly. i own stuff purely because i only care about my collection.

Hotei is sorta right though, a lot of things exist to sell toys. How do you guys think we got Batman and Robin?

Amen!

Amen-brother-gif.gif

you've seen my collection. i own alot of unlicensed masks. but it's because i know that the guy who makes it started with making michael myers masks for himself. because there was no market for that. so he had no other option but to learn how to make it himself and it all grew from there. like i said before i am just as ugly. i own stuff purely because i only care about my collection.

Then stop being such a hypocrite. This has been the most pointless rant I've ever read. I don't even know how many times you've contradicted yourself here.

Drop the hypocrisy and just stick to being the wildcard that everyone knows and loves.

I know what's got into Blood. All this years of waiting on the figuart Nappa and nothing. The frustration eventually grew over 9000. Finally, it exploded.

Yeah I get ya blood, I just don't think it's as black and white. I defenitely am sympathetic to where you're coming from overall. Except my little pony, you should go to church with me for that! Devil's tv!

Back