S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems the thread got a bit derailed while I was at work, for that I am sorry. I guess my simple reply was not in depth for some people, again, was at work, made a quick reply on my phone, and left it at that. On the subject on why I stated that the dub score was disrespectful, was because of how the original feelings and intent of certain scenes seems lost on the old dub score. Take the scene when Goku becomes super saiyan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw3r0EmHq5w or when he goes super saiyan 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFUN4CxLww These scenes, especially the super saiyan 3 transformation, features a great build up leading to the grand unveiling of Goku's new form. When he first goes super saiyan, the music perfectly captures why the sense of dread, and shock as to what is about to happen to Goku at this point. The reason I said that it is disrespectful is because, to me, that score removes all of that tension, and sounds like any old Saturday morning cartoon . Not just those scenes, but others as well. Those in particular stick out like a sore thumb for me, especially the namek scene, as that was a big turning point in the entire series. Yeah, a lot of people were involved with the old score, sure, I can admit that some passion might have gone into the work, but they were the wrong fit. It seems more like an afterthought. Maybe disrespectful was a wrong term, misdirected seems suffice for words. Their music just doesn't fit the series as a whole, in my opinion. Those are my thoughts, as clear as I can put them.

Didn't mean to derail the thread for that brief moment, but I stick by words, and that is that. If you want to reply, lets leave it as a pm. Again, I'll leave my further thoughts on the old dub to myself, and just continue to leave further comments on the figures whenever I have the time. I'll talk anime over at Kazenshuu.

I will otherwise go along with you in not derailing, but I feel I have to publicaly say thank you for finally addressing the point I was after, which is at least some open mind toward the fact that artists could've put passion and respect into their work when it comes to a score you feel was a wrong move (the latter being fine, that's your feelings and your right). Regarding the dub I can understand your opinion – at the least certainly well enough to say 'agree to disagree and to each their own' on a friendly note. I'm glad to see this reply finally hitting the mark of the issue we had on this topic and felt it fairest to say that publicly, because I had no negative feelings to you in general when I innitially replied to you, it was a topic bound response. As such I feel no innitiative to talk about you in general, either publicly or privately. Especially because I feel I've already defended myself enough on all accounts against what you've said so far. So I'm cool here and have nothing to add, publicly or privately. If you (still?) have an issue with me press that dm button if you like...:dunno:

/derailment

You can finally stop banging your head against the wall knocking over all your figures now Blood.:wave

I've never heard of ekingknightmedia. But I'll have to check them out. But when I do get some preorders in I'll probably go with toyz.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

They are awesome I got my Android 16 from them. Really well packed free shipping on orders over $35. That isn't hard to do considering dbz figuarts are $40 ish

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Is it just me or does it sound like Goku hit puberty when he first goes super saiyan. It's like they had a man do the part when he went AAARRRHHHH.

Lol, I noticed that too! The Funi did better in both that scene and SSJ3, ESPECIALLY SSJ3. Anyways...

I just came back from watching RoF! It was fantastic, much better than BoG. Solid action, better script, geniunly funny, and A LOT less Pilaf.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I mean whis did tell him he's to relaxed. Also in my theater some guy yelled "OH JUST KISS ALREADY" when Goku and Frieza were talking about them hiding their true power levels.

I mean whis did tell him he's to relaxed. Also in my theater some guy yelled "OH JUST KISS ALREADY" when Goku and Frieza were talking about them hiding their true power levels.

Yeah but still doesn't take away from the fact that the ending was completely unnecessary. Aside from that, I thought the movie hit it on all marks. Even though Vegeta didn't get too much battle time, every scene he was in was either funny or badass. That's my homie right there :rock

Hopefully they switch their rolls in Super. And all that talk about working together makes me think we may see ssgss gogeta in super when they go to another universe.

624e93ede5ec55242a44b03e4bcf7565.jpg
a9abc14c7f96bec0b433059a09e3568c.jpg

Hopefully they switch their rolls in Super. And all that talk about working together makes me think we may see ssgss gogeta in super when they go to another universe.

624e93ede5ec55242a44b03e4bcf7565.jpg
a9abc14c7f96bec0b433059a09e3568c.jpg

Yeah that was definitely alluding to something like that. Potara's out of the question so Gogeta would be the only other option and if Trunks and Goten did it, it's only obvious that Goku and Vegeta will do it too. Can't wait to see how DBS does the movie and the stuff in between BoG too. I wanna see pink hair Vegeta so bad!

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Yeah that was definitely alluding to something like that. Potara's out of the question so Gogeta would be the only other option and if Trunks and Goten did it, it's only obvious that Goku and Vegeta will do it too. Can't wait to see how DBS does the movie and the stuff in between BoG too. I wanna see pink hair Vegeta so bad!

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I doubt we will get pink hair Vegeta. The phrasing of super cyan being when Goku was able to "tap into" super saiyan God ki without the ritual hinted at least to me, that Vegeta can skip it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not surprised, if Freiza still had his old VA Linda Young, it would have been funnier

There is no Datong Frieza on the market. Although there are a couple of photos circulating on the web of what appears to be a bootleg Frieza in the works, there is no release date and no updated photos have surfaced since.

So .... What about DOD kid Goku and Bulma? Any word on that ? Preorder dates? I can't be the only one interested in those two .

Back