S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

But in honesty I dont see them going back. They have already changed awakening Goku to have the tamagraph eyes instead. I think if the face mold is done well for the eye indent (like regular Goku and Krillin) then it looks better, but Vegettos didnt have an indent in the face for it and they were too squinted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Also, I realise we might have moved on but sorry FuzG, but your comment did have a condescending tone to it, I just didnt reply because I knew someone else would. Whether that was meant or not I dont know, but thats how it came across to me. Sil is one of the most respectful people on the board, so if he replied condescendingly he did so because he was returning it. Thats my 2 cents.

1 I don't really consider the word idiot (strong) name calling. It basically is just an impolite way of saying someone made a mistake to me. Idiot is not a strong word and it's not even a curse word, to just focus on that one word and not address anything else I said is a cop out. I think it might be the first and strongest word I've ever used here against someone (at the very least when not responding to someone who started attacking me first) and I've had plenty of pretty heated debates here. What can I say? I'm human too. Sometimes I slip into a bit of impoliteness too. To judge my entire conduct on this forum based on a one time use of the word 'idiot', amongst what are otherwise entirely polite posts is ridiculous and warrants none of your hyperbolic insults. If you judge someone's entire presence that harshly, you better come up with some more than 'He called me an idiot once! [for having said something that is both disrespectful as well as untrue]What a condescending bastard and a pisspoor example of conduct!'. Right...

2 You don't seem to understand why I said it in the first place. I didn't say you were attacking prodigy, you said and I quote: "The one major thing to come out of the creation of Kai was the chance they had to re-dub the series, and stick with a accurate script, and stay with the original score. I'm so glad they treat the series with the respect it deserves, (...)." This directly implies that you think the scorewriters of the faulconer group did NOT give the material the respect it deserves. I think this is objectively not true, and is something that is said by someone who is both biased and mistaken. In the heat of the moment I called you an idiot for it. Boo-hoo. What gut-wrenching personal attack that was. In you're comment you're not just giving an opinion, you're attacking the artistic integrity of the score writers and I took it upon myself to call you out on that in an, indeed, impolite way. Which I extremely rarely resort to and ANYONE following this board can attest to that. Why? Because I felt like it after you just completely slaughtered the score and then proceed to insult the writers themselves. (Regarding the actual script dub, that's a different matter. I can understand one feels it's disrespectful to outright change dialogue while translating.)

Having made myself clear now hopefully, you can either actually reply to the content of my commets. Or you can sit there and moan about the fact that you happened to be that one person who I once caved in my politeness for and called 'an idiot' (for imo a good reason). If you care about conduct and arguments, let's see an actual response with content please, instead of a hyperbolic personal attack.

I'm far from offended that you called me an idiot, get over yourself, and yes you are far from a shining example of this forum. In regards to the debate, yes just like script changes,bthe dub score is horrid in the way I described it because it is nothing but a cheap cash grab. Hell the main reason that score was created in the first place was that funi didn't want to have to pay extra for the proper score, and wanted to make royalties every time their in house score was played. That's why I feel it is disrespectful to the original intent of the series, and has no place in modern anime dubbing. Gladly, these practices of theirs are long gone and are a relic of the past, where it belongs.

And only one getting worked over anything that brought this to this point, was, and will probably continue to be, is you.

Also, I realise we might have moved on but sorry FuzG, but your comment did have a condescending tone to it, I just didnt reply because I knew someone else would. Whether that was meant or not I dont know, but thats how it came across to me. Sil is one of the most respectful people on the board, so if he replied condescendingly he did so because he was returning it. Thats my 2 cents.

It was not meant to be condescending, and if it did, sorry. The primary audience here is for the old dub, so I'll keep my critiques to a minimum.

In regards to him, I feel his intent was meant to start something, and he did. He got worked up for no reason.

Hey critique is fine, thats what makes it a discussion! But on the internet its very hard to tell a persons motives for saying something. I say we all move on. We are all dragonball fans here, regardless of dub. We should be able to discuss something without dub superiority coming into it, and that goes for us all! That sort of thing is subjective, and what is "better" is just opinion.

Man, I should be a councillor or something [emoji38]

I watched the 90's toonami and the Orange box dubs . Are those two the same dub? Anyways I don't remember the toonami dub since it was a long time ago but I'm fine with the Orange box one .

Toonami had both dubs if I recall actually, I distinctly remember hearing a Goku who was not voiced by Sean Schemmel once on Toonami.
Hey critique is fine, thats what makes it a discussion! But on the internet its very hard to tell a persons motives for saying something. I say we all move on. We are all dragonball fans here, regardless of dub. We should be able to discuss something without dub superiority coming into it, and that goes for us all! That sort of thing is subjective, and what is "better" is just opinion.

Man, I should be a councillor or something [emoji38]

At this point yeah. Big Councilor Deano! He fixes all your Figuarts related problems unless they include Nappa

Personally I like that song by Major Lazer that goes "focus.. fireball all we need is someone to lean on" but that's just me

I'm far from offended that you called me an idiot, get over yourself, and yes you are far from a shining example of this forum. In regards to the debate, yes just like script changes,bthe dub score is horrid in the way I described it because it is nothing but a cheap cash grab. Hell the main reason that score was created in the first place was that funi didn't want to have to pay extra for the proper score, and wanted to make royalties every time their in house score was played. That's why I feel it is disrespectful to the original intent of the series, and has no place in modern anime dubbing. Gladly, these practices of theirs are long gone and are a relic of the past, where it belongs.

And only one getting worked over anything that brought this to this point, was, and will probably continue to be, is you.

Yo. Silrian brought it. Point after point after point, where technically, he was right. And yeah, Silrian is typically one of the best and most respectful posters here. You might have been able meet him point for point but you didn't. All you focused on was that one lightly disrespectful word for the entirety of your post. Yeah, I'd say it offended you. So don't say it didn't. Glad you got back to discussing to subject though.
My 2 cents on it? And regardless of how Funi approached the OST, the Faulcaner group DID approach it with respect and love. Silrian's right. The evidence is in those themes he mentioned. SS3 Goku, Vegeta, etc.

Also. Resurrection F. Went to see it last night. Holy balls was it good. That's by far the best Dragonball film. Loved every second of it. Everyone finally had distinctly different fighting styles, the stakes were high, the comedy was better than ever even going so far as to appeal to a wider audience (not just classic fans and japanese audience), the rivalries have never been better, the histories of these characters with Frieza coming into play toward the end. Oh man. They really outdid themselves. The structure of film was everything I wanted from when I first heard about Battle of Gods. Solid release. Congrats to Toriyama.

Yo. Silrian brought it. Point after point after point, where technically, he was right. And yeah, Silrian is typically one of the best and most respectful posters here. You might have been able meet him point for point but you didn't. All you focused on was that one lightly disrespectful word for the entirety of your post. Yeah, I'd say it offended you. So don't say it didn't. Glad you got back to discussing to subject though.
My 2 cents on it? And regardless of how Funi approached the OST, the Faulcaner group DID approach it with respect and love. Silrian's right. The evidence is in those themes he mentioned. SS3 Goku, Vegeta, etc.

Like Sil said, it comes down to the anime purist view point. "If it ain't Japanese, it ain't good" is a very biased way of looking at it. Judge both dubs on equal ground and then come to a conclusion. It's the fairest way of doing it. Both dubs do certain things well and both do certain things badly.

Regarding the Funi dub itself, the soundtrack is something I consider to have been done very well along with the voice acting. Everything as a whole just encapsulates what DBZ is. The actors themselves have even said that they took inspiration from the original dub in their voice acting. I think Funi and their team had great respect for the series and that extends to the sound production team too. As far as editing goes, that happens with a lot of animes given that the Western audience is always more sensitive to certain issues so sometimes the source dialogue is unfortunately edited (looking at you Sailor Moon). That's my quick view on why I PERSONALLY prefer the Funi dub, but hey, to each their own.

It was not meant to be condescending, and if it did, sorry. The primary audience here is for the old dub, so I'll keep my critiques to a minimum.

In regards to him, I feel his intent was meant to start something, and he did. He got worked up for no reason.

You insult something I care about, replying to people within a discussion I was already a part of. I didn't start anything, you involved yourself into it.

You gave the following reply because I used the word idiot in a hypothetical form, ignoring EVERYTHING ELSE I said:

Now I'm willing to debate with people in a respectful manner, but the fact that you felt the need to start with the name calling, shows how much of a condescending bastard you are that you are getting so worked up over my opinion. I never talked down to prodigy at all in my retort, I stated that I disagreed, and explained why from my point of view. On the other hand, you resort to name calling, and berate me for why I dislike that particular score. For being one of the senior members on this board, you are a piss poor example on how to conduct yourself when debating your point of view.

and I (!) am the one getting worked up for NO reason!? You're "far from offended" by my reply and you give me that ^ BS? Are you kidding me!? Oh now you come at me with this attitude of 'don't get worked up', when you've clearly got yourself into a complete corner, because you took my innitial reply completely out of context, ignored everything in it except one word and went into a disproportionate personal attack on me in general. And YOU call ME out on my conduct!? Your reply to me was both out of order as well as factually incorrect, because you clearly didn't get my reply to you in the first place, and after I just took the time to politely explain it to you, you STILL clearly don't.You just give me this BS cop out of a response and STILL don't go into any arguments I gave regarding the actual topic I replied to you about (which was score writing, not dialogue). You just repeat the things you already said in your very first post about this (to which I obviously already replied). How much effort score writers put into their music has nothing to do with under what motives the execs ordered the score to be written. You jump to conclusions and you're disrespect artist integrity, because you're overtly biased. ((EDIT: artists I do respect, so damn straight I'm defending their work's integrity.) I called you out on that. After spelling it out for you a second time without that one little word you felt warranted ignoring everything I said, you still don't have a descent reply to my innitial arguments.

Before you say you're willing to debate in a respectful manner, you may wanna show you can properly debate in the first place. And you put this whole thing on me? Oh than let me be the one to drop it straight into a trash can. Trust me, I won't waste anymore time with replies that are as unreasonable as yours were.

EDIT2: Oh and if you have some beef with me in general over how I behave myself on this forum, you come straight at me bro (or girl) and lay it out. Don't go hide behind one lesser polite moment in my commenting as an excuse to just vent general issues you seem to have with me. "and yes you are far from a shining example of this forum." wtf is that supposed to mean? Hm? I will drop and ignore it on my side. You decide what you wanna do with it on yours.

Silrian rarely pisses off people in this thread, frankly. Nothing really wrong with him if he speaks out of turn just this once. Besides he has a point, FuzG hasn't really responded well at all to any of these, he's just nitpicking almost desperately. In fact, conversely FuzG, you did come off strongly and not to mention for a new member, you've clearly not made a good name for yourself with all this drama you brought on the thread.
Like Sil said, it comes down to the anime purist view point. "If it ain't Japanese, it ain't good" is a very biased way of looking at it. Judge both dubs on equal ground and then come to a conclusion. It's the fairest way of doing it. Both dubs do certain things well and both do certain things badly.

Regarding the Funi dub itself, the soundtrack is something I consider to have been done very well along with the voice acting. Everything as a whole just encapsulates what DBZ is. The actors themselves have even said that they took inspiration from the original dub in their voice acting. I think Funi and their team had great respect for the series and that extends to the sound production team too. As far as editing goes, that happens with a lot of animes given that the Western audience is always more sensitive to certain issues so sometimes the source dialogue is unfortunately edited (looking at you Sailor Moon). That's my quick view on why I PERSONALLY prefer the Funi dub, but hey, to each their own.
This is also why I prefer the Funi dub...and also true on Sailor Moon.

Haha! Reminds me of when I first joined the thread
67beb2d681b868fbad4803713db92a22.jpg

Unlock your inner Z fighter

I don't know if I rarely piss off people, not everybody chooses to comment. But if I do than lay it out straight to me. We're on a freakin forum to boot, so you don't even have to say it to my face. Don't twist some discussion and a verbally weaker (I will admit) moment of myself and grab your chance to completely attack my presence on this forum in general.

But whatever people think, thanks for backin me FSLAR!

Lol @ Shonen.

EDIT: some catching up: Welcome back ManikDX! The two in your ava + the two in mine + majin vegeta is my current top 5 wants.:lol

@FSLAR yeah I think if anyone but Blood gets their hands on the only Nappa proto then ... well I guess there will be Blood.

Also I don't wanna have the only proto of something made. All I could think about is how much I'd get for it and then cave.

Hey guys and ladies!
Sorry I haven't been on much, I've been busy with work at my own up and coming company, Team Noble Productions, at this time and boy, Production is hard trying to start up own on manga and Let's Play series.

Asude from that, nan! 2015 has been the year for S.H. Figuarts, we're getting a New Vegeta and Trunks, Beerus the Destroyer in the future as well as Jaco and Super Saiyan God SS Vegeta. They're definitely on my too buy list.

I was able to buy SDCC 2015 Son Goku and he's easily my favorite in the line though, I believe Awakening Super Saiyan Son Goku is going to be my ALL TIME Favorite. His overall look brings tears of joy to my eyes. It's a piece of art.

Also, I finally got my hands on Trunks and the authentic Super Saiyan Vegeta thanks to my older brother, who also told me he preordered Ultimate Gohan, Golden Frieza, Super Saiyan God SS Goku, Premium Vegeta, and Awakening Goku. Mostly he'll give them to me at Christmas time and I'm really excited for it so I'm buying him a S.H. Monsterart Godzilla 1st Release.

Damn you've certainly continued collecting, you wanted an authentic vegeta still, even with the pm rerelease? And yeah I think I literally can't entirely imagine what setting up a production company entails. What type of genres do you wanna produce?

Back