S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Bluefin wasn't expecting so many people to buy Goku by the cases instead of just 1 or 2 pieces at a time? Really seems like Figuarts Dragonball has now become one of the major targets of scalpers. Quite sad to see many people who simple want a Goku for their collection not have a decent chance because scalpers got to the Gokus first.

Although the current prices for the SDCC 2015 Goku has gone up, I guess that's quite understandable because of what the buyer had to go through just to get some Gokus. I saw some pictures of people forming lines at around 1 or 2 am hours before the official start of the day. Then there's also this scene that looked more like a zombie apocalypse of hundreds of people moving towards the booths at the same time. It really looked like whoever managed to get a Goku had to experience all sorts of trouble.

Since it seems like SDCC exclusives, especially Dragonball ones, will definitely always be harder to get due to the demand, I really hope they won't make important versions of characters exclusive anymore. For example, this Frieza Saga Goku. Although it looks nearly identical to the normal Goku, this one still represents the time when Goku went to Namek and turned Super Saiyan for the first time. To fans of Dragonball, it definitely means something important, and so it's natural for them to want this version of Goku.

I just hope that the exclusives they make next time would just be simple color variants or maybe make some of those translucent version of toys like how some are selling invisible versions of Predator. Color variants would still be cool to have. Completionists can still buy them, while people happy with the normal colors won't feel very bad about not having them. With this Frieza Saga Goku, since it represents an important phase in Goku's development as a character, many fans who can't get it will feel so left out. It's not a simple recolor, it even has the logos on his shirt, the belt, and it even has a new face!

Anyway, I'm just glad my contact at SDCC was able to get me a Goku, otherwise, I'd feel very bad :( This is one Goku I'm definitely going to keep :)

Maybe Bluefin wasn't expecting so many people to buy Goku by the cases instead of just 1 or 2 pieces at a time? Really seems like Figuarts Dragonball has now become one of the major targets of scalpers. Quite sad to see many people who simple want a Goku for their collection not have a decent chance because scalpers got to the Gokus first.

Although the current prices for the SDCC 2015 Goku has gone up, I guess that's quite understandable because of what the buyer had to go through just to get some Gokus. I saw some pictures of people forming lines at around 1 or 2 am hours before the official start of the day. Then there's also this scene that looked more like a zombie apocalypse of hundreds of people moving towards the booths at the same time. It really looked like whoever managed to get a Goku had to experience all sorts of trouble.

Since it seems like SDCC exclusives, especially Dragonball ones, will definitely always be harder to get due to the demand, I really hope they won't make important versions of characters exclusive anymore. For example, this Frieza Saga Goku. Although it looks nearly identical to the normal Goku, this one still represents the time when Goku went to Namek and turned Super Saiyan for the first time. To fans of Dragonball, it definitely means something important, and so it's natural for them to want this version of Goku.

I just hope that the exclusives they make next time would just be simple color variants or maybe make some of those translucent version of toys like how some are selling invisible versions of Predator. Color variants would still be cool to have. Completionists can still buy them, while people happy with the normal colors won't feel very bad about not having them. With this Frieza Saga Goku, since it represents an important phase in Goku's development as a character, many fans who can't get it will feel so left out. It's not a simple recolor, it even has the logos on his shirt, the belt, and it even has a new face!

Anyway, I'm just glad my contact at SDCC was able to get me a Goku, otherwise, I'd feel very bad :( This is one Goku I'm definitely going to keep :)

grumpy-cat-meme-i-hate-you-yieonw6w.jpg

Good, I'm glad.

Oh my God, that Batman v. Superman trailer was just unbelievable. 2 - 3 seconds of footage of Batman using a grapple gun on the rooftop was one of the best things I have visually seen.
^exactly my fav as well, but the whole thing is god damn mother****ing everything-trumping glorious. Lot more WW too than I expected. LOVE Lex, especially because we know he'll go bald, so the hair doesn't matter to me. Love the whole cast, the look, the dialogue is fantastic. It's just ultimate.

JUST watched it... This may be the best super hero trailer I've ever seen.
chevy-chase-excited.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently BigBadToyStore and Toyz in the Box will be putting up SDCC Goku within the week. So make sure everybody pays attention to those websites.

JUST watched it... This may be the best super hero trailer I've ever seen.
chevy-chase-excited.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not even a question for me. When I saw The Dark Knight Returns homage, I felt as if it were the first time I was truly seeing Batman on the screen. (Edited: I love The Dark Knight trilogy deeply so that's saying quite a lot from me.)

homer.gif

Apparently BigBadToyStore and Toyz in the Box will be putting up SDCC Goku within the week. So make sure everybody pays attention to those websites.

It's not even a question for me. When I saw The Dark Knight Returns homage, I felt as if it were the first time I was truly seeing Batman on the screen. (Edited: I love The Dark Knight trilogy deeply so that's saying quite a lot from me.)

View attachment 196341

Was it just me or did we see red son Batman in the trailer?
Spoiler Spoiler:

What happened was, we took a sneak peak at our presents before opening them up on Christmas morning. All the talk of "SDCC will have some surprises" has already been revealed to us way beforehand. Tamashii has no control over websites that show photos of their displays that they create at other conventions. Had we not known that they were gonna reissue Trunks & Vegeta then we'd all be super excited right now.

That's very true. I don't want to agree with it but it is. :(

Edited: Cool pictures though! I would really like to get first hand comments though. I know Wolvie posted one on Thursday, I'll have to go back and look at it again.

Was it just me or did we see red son Batman in the trailer?

We saw that. It was just used for the sand instead of the snow.

Edited: My bad, I forgot to finish the comment...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Your explanation is spot on.

I theorized early on that Tamashii had already shown "too much" before SDCC. They basically have enough potential figure releases to last them almost all the way through 2016. So I predicted that nothing new would be shown and it looks like that's what happened.

Given, it has been an incredible year for Dragon Ball and Bandai-Tamashii finally decided to be more assertive and active with MARKETING Dragon Ball than they were with Battle of Gods. Hence why we've seen SO much more merchandise for RoF than we had for BoG. And despite the amazing attention Dragon Ball gets world-wide, Tamashii still "caters" to their Japanese audience (like Deano said) and naturally would want to get the marketing machine rolled out fast and strong over there already knowing full well the Western fans follow very closely.

As much as us fans look at SDCC and NY ToyFair as "big events" for collectibles, which they still are, they're not considered the primary outlets for reveals from a Japanese company like Bandai-Tamashii.
This is how I feel as well, it's odd too. A lot of stuff we've all wanted, with the Saiyans at least, has come true, and I'm happy. I do wish at least we saw a bit more on the prototypes, that is weird still.

Screw Injustice, Tamashii needs to make Batman v. Superman/DC Cinematic Universe Figuarts :lecture

Dude, shut the **** up.
Everyday, the same thing.
Every ****ing day.

He has a right to express his thoughts just like any of us.. there's an old saying that goes like, "while i may disagree with your opinion, i'll defend to the death your right to say it" ;)

This is how I feel as well, it's odd too. A lot of stuff we've all wanted, with the Saiyans at least, has come true, and I'm happy. I do wish at least we saw a bit more on the prototypes, that is weird still.

Tamashii Nations 2014 was our big moment and Resurrection F is making us take a detour.

tamashii must do Cooler Final Form SSj2 Vegeta Ssj4 Vegeta Omega-shenlong and other guy more...

They will, we just have to be patient. I know, I know, it's a horrible concept and I hate it but there's nothing we can do unless we activate Mission: Prodigy. (Sneak into Tamashii's offices and steal their prototypes.)

Final Form Cooler would be cool. Very neat design for him.

I agree about Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta. Tamashii is not pleasing me with their refusal of a new Super Saiyan Vegeta head sculpt.

Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta would be awesome after Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Baby Vegeta. ...Then Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta. ...Then Omega Shenron. :lol

Thanks, Ang. The costume design and art direction are gorgeous.

Anytime! Larry Fong is knocking it out of the ****ing park, isn't he?

Screw Injustice, Tamashii needs to make Batman v. Superman/DC Cinematic Universe Figuarts :lecture

Exactly! I hope Tamashii decides to switch it up now. I really like the Injustice S.H. Figuarts but they can always go back to those. Batman V. Superman and the DC Extended Universe is going to be on fire come March.

Of course I feel "so high and mighty" on my opinion. Yours is of lesser value when you believe that an inferior product is as good/better than a superior one. A company that STRIVES on quality such as Tamashii is on the same pedestal as ****ing Hasbro?!

I'm glad you were able to inform me on the costs of goods sold rather than the costs of goods manufactured which is what my argument was about but I digress since I don't literally know one damned thing about one damned thing concerning retail. With your opinion as it stands, I'm getting more quality from my $20 with a Hasbro Marvel Legends than I would from my $40 with a Tamashii Figuarts, right? All said and done, that is your opinion?

Overly aggressive tone? This is a simple argument.

- You have the right to feel however you want. Don't care. Your tone doesn't relict any feelings out of me but whether or not I chose to respond... And yes reading a post about toys with a certain perfect of words asterisked out comes off aggressive. It's what it is.

- So your argument is that price automatically equals quality with absolutely no consideration into supply/demand, etc.? Also your right.

- For me, I get more value from a dragon ball figuart than a marvel legends if the figuart is $100 because I have more attachment to the line. Do I get more value for a mmpr figuart at any price? No. Because there's a certain amount of that value that's subjective. Of I were to literally look at things as what you get in the box for the dollar: a $20 Marvel legends venom gets me way more in the package than a $50 ssj vegeta. I'll even told things like the playmates tmnt classics line in there too.

- So maybe I'm collecting the wrong lines, but it's a bit jarringvto see the company that produces things like the start Wars black series, transformers classics through rts, and masterpiece (unless that's Takara) automatically associated with junk? What the ****?

---------------------

Superman vs Batman trailer is out of control hype. Would like to see a line dedicated to it as well.

He has a right to express his thoughts just like any of us.. there's an old saying that goes like, "while i may disagree with your opinion, i'll defend to the death your right to say it" ;)

Cheers. Some responses are pretty mean.

Angelo2113 -> i am not a very fan of Super Baby or Normal Baby, so i not agree with his release.

it´s a characte, that i don´t like, even his saga. (just the born of ssj4 Goku of course)

- So maybe I'm collecting the wrong lines, but it's a bit jarringvto see the company that produces things like the start Wars black series, transformers classics through rts, and masterpiece (unless that's Takara) automatically associated with junk? What the ****?

Oh jeez. You might regret bringing up the black series...

Where did BBTS and Toyz say that they had stock going up sometime this week? Did they offer any details like if they are going to limit it to 1 or 2 per customer?

Back