S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Only" 26 Psycho?!

Sorry, but that kind of thing is what caused the limit in the first place. Im glad you got one, but man, that is shocking...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not 26 for me, but he was getting figures for others....

"Only" 26 Psycho?!

Sorry, but that kind of thing is what caused the limit in the first place. Im glad you got one, but man, that is shocking...

Yeah, honestly, they should have limited them to 2 per person the entire time. Now all these ****ers are gonna charge an arm and a leg on ebay. I love how bluefin and tamashii just don't give a **** about that kinda of thing.

No I know that Psycho, but I also asked someone from here if he could get me one, and I honestly think he is struggling to get any. Thats not a fair split is it?

Stupid thing is I thought they WERE doing that before sdcc started.

@big D and psychp the only fairness I see possible here is to not make such an important release a ****ing exclusive as I've said from the beginning since we saw mexigoku. I'm not gonna give into this scalping, they can go to hell.

Big Deano do you happen to know any european seller who is going to have the sdcc goku in stock?

No I know that Psycho, but I also asked someone from here if he could get me one, and I honestly think he is struggling to get any. Thats not a fair split is it?

Yeah he also told me that they are close to selling out of them so I'm not so sure if sites like BBTS,ToyzintheBox will have them if any...

Well, I see the thread exploded but not how I wanted it to. I had a final remark to say but I'll just drop it since it's left better that way. Just wanted to add that there was no hostility intended, I just found the defense of the argument very weak and factually wrong so I had to say my piece. That said,

This is the most disappointing SDCC yet. They should've held off something to reveal here, instead of throwing everything out before the event. Bad move Tamashii but oh well. Huge letdown, but I'm still pumped for the new figures nonetheless. SSJ4 Goku...what could've been...:blissysmi

all the problems on forum until day happen because they not show us new figuarts dbz or data for some of them, and how we not have new figures or datas, well, everyone are over stress with each other.:medic

What happened was, we took a sneak peak at our presents before opening them up on Christmas morning. All the talk of "SDCC will have some surprises" has already been revealed to us way beforehand. Tamashii has no control over websites that show photos of their displays that they create at other conventions. Had we not known that they were gonna reissue Trunks & Vegeta then we'd all be super excited right now.

Crisis speaks truth!

What this shows, if anything, is that Tamashii is moving back to a Japan oriented mindset. We kept the line going, but now its popular we no longer matter as much. IIRC Havent ALL these new releases been revealed in Japanese cons? That should tell you everything you need to know. SDCC Used to be where the new protos were shown, now? Its just a place to show off stuff they think we will like and con us with overexpensive exclusives, which they have now shown they are willing to sell pretty much brand new releases through, something we were told would never happen.

What happened was, we took a sneak peak at our presents before opening them up on Christmas morning. All the talk of "SDCC will have some surprises" has already been revealed to us way beforehand. Tamashii has no control over websites that show photos of their displays that they create at other conventions. Had we not known that they were gonna reissue Trunks & Vegeta then we'd all be super excited right now.

I would agree but Tamashii's not stupid (well not THAT stupid). This is the internet age and they have their own marketing and public relations that keeps track of this stuff. They know if something is shown in Japan, Mexico, Mars, etc., it's gonna be all over the internet within the hour. Plus, the official pre-orders for some of this stuff went up before SDCC from Bluefin and Tamashii. The smart thing would've been to save some of the Christmas gifts in the closet for actual Christmas instead of giving it ahead of time at Thanksgiving (holidays analogies ftw).

@Crisis Im waiting to follow the wbdc panel in 5 mins online, but I can quote myself as well as bardoon calling that before sdcc.

I'm baffled they showed LESS, but absolutely 0% shocked they showed nothing new.

@Crisis Im waiting to follow the wbdc panel in 5 mins online, but I can quote myself as well as bardoon calling that before sdcc.
I know, its just some of us were convinced Tamashii wouldnt screw us over so badly, not after everything we have done for the lines success.

@Big D - If I thought MLs looked just as bad as that Luke then I'd wholeheartedly agree but I don't, so...?

@Sirian - I'm pretty over it, and my general opinions on it aren't going to change. I pressed the spoiler button a bit ago from my phone on your message and it was a big wall of text so admittedly I didn't read it. I probably will later, but that's a bit much atm.

@Crisis - Do you have a price range I should be looking for? I got into all of this late so I'm used to the second hand pricing thing.

@Psycho - Sadly, I read your post and just imagined 26 more of these priced at $100+ on ebay, which is part of the game but unfortunate. How did he walk out with 26 with a 12 limit? shadiness.

The **** is this **SNIP scalp prices**

Unlock your inner Z fighter

Gross.

Crisis speaks truth!

What this shows, if anything, is that Tamashii is moving back to a Japan oriented mindset. We kept the line going, but now its popular we no longer matter as much. IIRC Havent ALL these new releases been revealed in Japanese cons? That should tell you everything you need to know. SDCC Used to be where the new protos were shown, now? Its just a place to show off stuff they think we will like and con us with overexpensive exclusives, which they have now shown they are willing to sell pretty much brand new releases through, something we were told would never happen.

These are both really good points... right on.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question: When retailers bulk order SDCC exclusives from Bluefin, do they get an MSRP to abide by or are they free to price as they choose? I guess if the latter, I just fear Ebay prices effecting the price decisions of retailers when they get their stock in.

And for anyone wondering, one retailer I talk to stated that bluefin told him his shipment would be going out to their warehouse on Tuesday where with past conventions they've actually shipped it out the Thursday before or so so that they have them in stock and ready to list as soon as the convention is over. So if this is universal, we probably won't start seeing retail listings until sometime the week after this coming one.

I find it asinine that you feel so high and mighty on you opinion that you would type this condescending rhetoric towards me in the first place, but guess what; here it is and now I guess I'll humor you.

S.H. figuarts are smaller, softer plastic, less poseable, and honestly the quality is less consistent than those. If you literally knew one damned thing about one damned thing concerning retail the reason that the prices are cheaper for those is because they're produced in more mass quanitities and ordered in higher quantities by retail. Even WITH smaller production runs and import prices, S.H.Figuarts still retail at $20-$40. If they were mass retail like Marvel legends they'd be on the shelf for $10-$15 as I said above. So, please; save your overly aggressive tone and ridiculous language because even though I'm dead serious about my stance, I'm really not that into it.

Of course I feel "so high and mighty" on my opinion. Yours is of lesser value when you believe that an inferior product is as good/better than a superior one. A company that STRIVES on quality such as Tamashii is on the same pedestal as ****ing Hasbro?!

I'm glad you were able to inform me on the costs of goods sold rather than the costs of goods manufactured which is what my argument was about but I digress since I don't literally know one damned thing about one damned thing concerning retail. With your opinion as it stands, I'm getting more quality from my $20 with a Hasbro Marvel Legends than I would from my $40 with a Tamashii Figuarts, right? All said and done, that is your opinion?

Overly aggressive tone? This is a simple argument.

Yeah, Ang was a bit forward but I have to agree. Its not about how much articulation a figure has, its how its implemented. A Marvel Legends etc has lots of articulation, but it LOOKS like articulation. A figuarts makes it fluid and as seamless as possible. The paint apps and plastic are also higher quality.

The main thing to compare would be the star wars line; compare black series star wars (Hasbro made) to figuarts Luke, Vader and Stormtrooper. The difference is night and day.

I didn't mean to be a bit forward but I just can't comprehend that understanding. When I hold an S.H. Figuarts Iron Man in one hand and a Marvel Legends Iron Man in the other, there's a huge ****ing difference in quality where I believe it's indisputable.

Back