S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad there's some sense in here. Since it needs to be known, I'd want probably $60 shipped for them in all likelihood... just to cover costs on the recolors... but no, we got to take it to the eighth degree like I'm insider trading.

Hey Snake, first time posting seeing as i have been reading through all the posts for a few weeks now :p started collecting the figuarts line a few months ago - wondering if you're selling trunks/ssj vegeta? :)

Thanks!

Hey Snake, first time posting seeing as i have been reading through all the posts for a few weeks now :p started collecting the figuarts line a few months ago - wondering if you're selling trunks/ssj vegeta? :)

Thanks!

Welcome!

No, not yet. Let me see what they cook up with the recolors and I'll get back to you. I got two Vegetas and two Trunks.

Personally I don't see why you'd need to be truly bothered by rereleases unless you want to scalp people at some point...? These figures are never gonna be some dirt cheap stuff, they're not gonna be mass produced and likely as big d said this'll be the only rerelease because they're web exclusives and it took 'm this long to even do a loophole release. If you ever need to resell them it's not like they'll be trash. Besides I buy these to have these, isn't that the whole point? To buy things to have them? I like that fellow collectors can have 'm too now.

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not supportive of any personal attacks on people, but in general, this is my attitude. I sold a lot of stuff I used to collect and made losses, so what, I enjoyed having them when I did. I just don't see why I should feel sorry for people now just because the value drops, it's beyond the point of these things imo: to just have them. The rest is just a gambling game on the side. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

If the news is true tamashii is gonna supply demand more, they give a lot of collectors a chance to have their favourites, that helps the line and hurts stupid knockoffs. That is just great. :clap

Personally I don't see why you'd need to be truly bothered by rereleases unless you want to scalp people at some point...? These figures are never gonna be some dirt cheap stuff, they're not gonna be mass produced and likely as big d said this'll be the only rerelease because they're web exclusives and it took 'm this long to even do a loophole release. If you ever need to resell them it's not like they'll be trash. Besides I buy these to have these, isn't that the whole point? To buy things to have them? I like that fellow collectors can have 'm too now.

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not supportive of any personal attacks on people, but in general, this is my attitude. I sold a lot of stuff I used to collect and made losses, so what, I enjoyed having them when I did. I just don't see why I should feel sorry for people now just because the value drops, it's beyond the point of these things imo: to just have them. The rest is just a gambling game on the side. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

If the news is true tamashii is gonna supply demand more, they give a lot of collectors a chance to have their favourites, that helps the line and hurts stupid knockoffs. That is just great. :clap

My only concern was no one would want to buy them with recolors around the corner... not for this exorbitant price point I'm allegedly going to ask for. Generally, I only sell stuff back out at the price I bought it.

Thanks man - I understand if you'd prefer to sell to members who have been here longer than me but I thought I would ask.
It was great to hear about the recolours this morning as I thought I'd never be able to buy them!

Oh, I don't care who they go to as long as they live within the US. I don't sell stuff internationally.

ahh that counts me out then unfortunately - England here! I guess I will be waiting til January! :p

That sucks. But I'm sure the recolors will be more attractive anyway, and much more available everywhere. I hope the price point is what the old ones were.

So awesome news, just in time for these re-release datong figs lol. Sorry datong lol..............so who wants to bet me these are the versions
View attachment 188176
https://i.imgur.com/1RkK8XS.png

That's the same thing I'm thinking. The so called "Advanced Coloring" editions are gonna be Cell Saga Trunks/Vegeta. Literally just painting the boot tips. Could also be Super Trunks/Vegeta but I'm leaning more towards the prior since that would require re-tooling.

Or....platinum hair anyone?

That would be good! As much as I want them I really cant justify paying the price point that they're at currently :/
At this point I don't really mind if they're a tiny bit more expensive than the original price point, ha.

I've heard Bandai can't put blood on these figures. If bandai really releases a battle damaged Goku, I hope it is going to be exactly like the figuarts zero one.

The Figuarts Zero one is beautiful, best in the line imo. That exact figure in articulated form would be just fine. This means whenever we see Majin Vegeta he'll most likely be battle damaged as well. So many possibilities have opened up now.

My only concern was no one would want to buy them with recolors around the corner... not for this exorbitant price point I'm allegedly going to ask for. Generally, I only sell stuff back out at the price I bought it.

Yeah I understand that, I try to do the same, who wouldn't wanna sell stuff without loss if they need to sell it? No you won't get back any scalper prices you paid anytime soon it seems if this is true. Imo that's just a gamble you take when paying scalper prices yourself. I mean, bummer but, it doesn't outweigh the positives of these rereleases for many people, as well as the line as a whole imo... It's just the gambling game of collecting. Especially with the way tamashii behaves, truly a gambling game... You could be unhappy with how tamashii goes about that, I'd kindof be with you there to some degree. But otherwise in general I think these rereleases would be great and I don't cry for those who happen to lose on their bet (just as those who didn't give into scalping seemingly are gonna win on that bet, nothing personal), as I said, that's just the gambling game of collecting imo.:dunno

Yeah I understand that, I try to do the same, who wouldn't wanna sell stuff without loss if they need to sell it? No you won't get back any scalper prices you paid anytime soon it seems if this is true. Imo that's just a gamble you take when paying scalper prices yourself. I mean, bummer but, it doesn't outweigh the positives of these rereleases for many people, as well as the line as a whole imo... It's just the gambling game of collecting. Especially with the way tamashii behaves, truly a gambling game... You could be unhappy with how tamashii goes about that, I'd kindof be with you there to some degree. But otherwise in general I think these rereleases would be great and I don't cry for those who happen to lose on their bet (just as those who didn't give into scalping seemingly are gonna win on that bet, nothing personal), as I said, that's just the gambling game of collecting imo.:dunno

Are people really dropping $300 on the old figures? I haven't checked listings in quite some time. The most expensive figure I've gotten was a SDCC Goku for $150 years ago and I thought that was crazy. The box was a little messed up, but the figure was flawless, thankfully.

One detail that caught my attention is that this new SS Goku is NOT listed as exclusive.

If the figure is not exclusive it will be made in larger quantities and can be pre-ordered at stores like AmiAmi and HLJ with an excellent price.

That's the same thing I'm thinking. The so called "Advanced Coloring" editions are gonna be Cell Saga Trunks/Vegeta. Literally just painting the boot tips. Could also be Super Trunks/Vegeta but I'm leaning more towards the prior since that would require re-tooling.

There is another possibility... Metallic Hair:

SCE2014o_zps0ca0e0a3.jpg

Bandai did the same before with the Super Battle Collection, this time they could do it again.

Are people really dropping $300 on the old figures? I haven't checked listings in quite some time. The most expensive figure I've gotten was a SDCC Goku for $150 years ago and I thought that was crazy. The box was a little messed up, but the figure was flawless, thankfully.

Yeah they do, might be just a handful but a handful is enough to make scalping work. I don't know how this recolouring will work out snake because if some people wind up preferring the original colour then there's a new situation altogether.

It'll probably just be like the Digimon ones, some slightly different shading or tones.

Yeah they do, might be just a handful but a handful is enough to make scalping work. I don't know how this recolouring will work out snake because if some people wind up preferring the original colour then there's a new situation altogether.

I just hope they don't give them that orange maple syrup highlights of SDCC Goku.

Lol yeah, they should shade the hair lighter if anything.

It'd be cool if they made the blue on vegeta darker, the one we have is too light for the anime.

Yeah Snake, even more in some cases. SDCC Goku at last check was nearly £500, thats what? $800..... its insane.

With Vegetto going the solid plastic colour I have a feeling thats what we will get with these recolours, since those two are technically now the odd ones out, what with Gohan and Gokus being solid paint instead of highlights. I get the feeling tamashii realised they would be better off going back to that instead of trying anime colours when the ones most readily available will never have that treatment again after SDCC.

Back