S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least we know there's something to look forward to at SDCC and not just re-reveals of what we saw over the weekend.

If it turns out to be damaged goku, would you guys put money on anime or manga coloring?

Also, has sdcc ever released a mold prior to main release? Or is it always after?

you see, patience will get you anything. but nooo people choose to be impatient and buy those bootlegs and talk **** about tamashii and what not....

now where's nappa?! :tap

you see, patience will get you anything. but nooo people choose to be impatient and buy those bootlegs and talk **** about tamashii and what not....

now where's nappa?! :tap

It could be argued that all of the bitching about the nonsensical self imposed web exclusive policy and obvious market deman in the form of bootleg sales led to this announcement. So actually Datong is to thank for it.

It could be argued that all of the bitching about the nonsensical self imposed web exclusive policy and obvious market deman in the form of bootleg sales led to this announcement. So actually Datong is to thank for it.
That is not certain I mean you don't think tamashii could have realized their own mistake through sale reports and waited for the right time to get all these out to us? Really in a business sense they are killing it [emoji122] in my opinion of course; but none of us can say with certainty as only those in tamashii know for sure :) still fun to speculate though

I would agree with that. Datong catered supply to a high demand when Tamashii refused to give the public outcry an answer for a long time. They're not fools, they clearly acknowledged that. Now it's up to the consumers/collectors to show their appreciation by buying and/or replacing their bootlegs and they better ****ing show it.

...If any of this is true, of course.

So awesome news, just in time for these re-release datong figs lol. Sorry datong lol..............so who wants to bet me these are the versions
VegetaSSIvsSemiPerfectCell.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1RkK8XS.png

They should be the same mold, right? Just different paint application.

I thought the Vegeta mold was destroyed though or was that a rumor?

This is amazing news i was going to preorder ssvegeta datong, but now i will wait for the real deal and trunks man i thought i would never get him since he is so high in price. The only ones i would need is cell and frieza. I think i have a better shot of getting cell in a new repaint but frieza i think was so well done idk if they would do a repaint on him. I might have to just shell out money for frieza. Do you guys think they would do a repaint of frieza in his final form?

I also think freezer it's okay and Cell not look so bad... So i think also too that not have any of them a repaint...

It's a opportunity to get Trunks and Vegeta... I want to see them... The damage ssgoku... It's when he transform into ssj? With the blue t-shirt still.. Or without?

I would agree with that. Datong catered supply to a high demand when Tamashii refused to give the public outcry an answer for a long time. They're not fools, they clearly acknowledged that. Now it's up to the consumers/collectors to show their appreciation by buying and/or replacing their bootlegs and they better ****ing show it.

...If any of this is true, of course.

giphy.gif

They should be the same mold, right? Just different paint application.

I thought the Vegeta mold was destroyed though or was that a rumor?

datong stole it. no wait, tamashii handed them it and now kindly asked it back :rolleyes:

Great news for folks! Recolour editions are how tamashii got around the exclusive tag with digimon, so its a legit strategy they used before.

Great news for folks! Recolour editions are how tamashii got around the exclusive tag with digimon, so its a legit strategy they used before.

So, these won't be web exclusive, then? That'd be GREAT.

And, I don't follow the d arts digimon stuff, but did they keep their repaints pretty close to original?

Last edited:
Im not sure on whether they were still web exclusives, but I can certainly find a comparison for the colours. I believe with greymon they made him deeper colours and more metallic.

Edit: this is metalgarurumons repaint, very similar. They came under "designers editions"

timg%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

wv4.jpg

So, these won't be web exclusive, then? That'd be GREAT.

And, I don't folklore the d arts digimon stuff, but did they keep their repaints pretty close to original?

the digimon repaints had deeper/darker colours with more shading to give a more realistic look.
wih dbz however they may go lighter? more manga'ish like manga goku's hair color wise since vegeta and trunks already has some pretty dark colors with shadings. so that may mean that manga goku and vegetto's hairstyle wont stick out that much if they come out like that.

both metalgarurumons were web ex's though

I forgot how much fun your reponses are filled with.

funny-gifs-whenever-i-get-a-compliment.gif

Back