S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you really just insult this entire thread? Wtf man. We have stated MANY times that you should NOT buy bootlegs unless you absolutely feel you have to have one in your collection. I have only bought the ssj bootleg because the hair is shaded, and the ssj Vegeta was a head swap.

I don't really think that's insulting... if there wasn't a market for the KOs then they wouldn't exist. I don't know about the particulars of this thread but in general it seems like people have even been OK with the price rises of kos as the originals rose as well.

I don't really think that's insulting... if there wasn't a market for the KOs then they wouldn't exist. I don't know about the particulars of this thread but in general it seems like people have even been OK with the price rises of kos as the originals rose as well.

I don't know about everyone else but I certainly didn't like to see it. I guess it was bound to happen due to the demand being ignored but it's strange to see any knockoff rising in price as if it were a legitimate product.

I fall into the catagory of Anti-Bootleg. It hurts the overall product, and its going against Tamashii/Bandia. One could argue that if Tamashii wanted the money, they would rerelease these figures. However, I can counter that with people being tricked into buying a bootleg even though sellers claim they are legit. It also hurts a buyer who gets excited at a deal and purchases without research.

I understand someone not wanting to drop a chunk on the original releases, bit, as long as the figure wasn't an Exclusive ( Wrong Color Vegeta, Gohan, Cartoon Piccolo) then eventually, via increased demand, that it would see a rerelease. So, I say scree the bootlegers, save your money, and wait out for either an official rerelease or a deal with proof.

Its not what he said, its the way he said it.

Agreed. It came off offensive to the people who commonly post in this thread.

I see. Thanks guys.

I don't know about everyone else but I certainly didn't like to see it. I guess it was bound to happen due to the demand being ignored but it's strange to see any knockoff rising in price as if it were a legitimate product.

Yea... this is the only toy line I've collected to where I've seen knockoffs do that.

thanks, i don't know I had them in a lot :wink1:

No problem. I found and have purchased them already :wink1:

Edit: For anyone wondering - They come with a version of Shenron that comes with the mid sized balls as well as a smaller, figure-sized set of the same, clear style.

so no one has a sdcc vegeta?:pray: for sale ...

That's kind of reaching at your asking price considering that's about $60 off the going rate.

Last edited:
I don't think that would work. The exclusive is being sold one per person and you also have to get a ticket beforehand to reserve that purchase.

Yeah, it seems like they are deliberately limiting people buying multiples. Their whole strategy with this makes no sense at all, its as if they are hoping they dont sell them.

Underneath the toyarc article for this release a user posted that the mexican distributer has been lobbying for years to get a mexican exclusive. Figuarts consistently sells out in mexico for multiple lines. Apparently, they now succeeded. I think this truly is a gift to the mexican market and meant to stay there. Make of that what you will because as Big D said it could very well be mostly just an early acces and we get (nearly) the same sdcc ex, I don't know, but it's pretty clear Mexigoku truly is like a win from the mexican distributers side and meant for mexico. In essence I have zero problem with that, I just think the chose the wrong release to do it with. But found it interesting to read.

Also I've said it since day one I think but I'm anti-knockoffs and pro-rereleases. I wanna see people have the real thing. If you paid a high price before, that's your own risk. That's my opinion. It's less classic collector friendly and more overall aimed at just wanting to see fans get to buy what they want for the normal price it should have. The whole aftermarket as well as the knockoff market can die for all I care, I want the real thing available. However, accepting the reality as it is, I can understand people who buy knockoffs. I myself still wouldn't even if I didn't have the chars I wanted. I like the real thing and the real thing only. This goku sash modification is about as far as I'll go. I don't need the real thing to be fancy and valuable, I just want my figures legit, untooled, and real spot on the way they are originally made by Tamashii.

There's different stances on this, most of those I respect, a few lesser, but ultimately my only real beef is Tamashii should be clear. Just communicative clarity, I ask for nothing more in terms of morality. The rest is just business.

(@Big D @Crisis okay thanks for the idea then crisis.:lol)

Dont get me wrong, im happy Mexico got an exclusive, what im NOT happy about is yet again Tamashiis apparent double standards when it comes to the western market. They have always stated that sdcc will only ever be repaints, yet Mexico suddenly gets not just any retool, but THE retool of Goku that everyone wants? Yeah, not cool Tamashii. If SDCC isnt this or at least A retool of some kind i'm going to be majorly pee'd off just out of principal.

Underneath the toyarc article for this release a user posted that the mexican distributer has been lobbying for years to get a mexican exclusive. Figuarts consistently sells out in mexico for multiple lines. Apparently, they now succeeded. I think this truly is a gift to the mexican market and meant to stay there. Make of that what you will because as Big D said it could very well be mostly just an early acces and we get (nearly) the same sdcc ex, I don't know, but it's pretty clear Mexigoku truly is like a win from the mexican distributers side and meant for mexico. In essence I have zero problem with that, I just think the chose the wrong release to do it with. But found it interesting to read.

Also I've said it since day one I think but I'm anti-knockoffs and pro-rereleases. I wanna see people have the real thing. If you paid a high price before, that's your own risk. That's my opinion. It's less classic collector friendly and more overall aimed at just wanting to see fans get to buy what they want for the normal price it should have. The whole aftermarket as well as the knockoff market can die for all I care, I want the real thing available. However, accepting the reality as it is, I can understand people who buy knockoffs. I myself still wouldn't even if I didn't have the chars I wanted. I like the real thing and the real thing only. This goku sash modification is about as far as I'll go. I don't need the real thing to be fancy and valuable, I just want my figures legit, untooled, and real spot on the way they are originally made by Tamashii.

There's different stances on this, most of those I respect, a few lesser, but ultimately my only real beef is Tamashii should be clear. Just communicative clarity, I ask for nothing more in terms of morality. The rest is just business.

(@Big D @Crisis iokay thanks for the idea then crisis.:lol)

Same way I am. I don't do customs just for that reason. I want the real thing. Most I have is Datong bodies for headswaps with the legit heads and I don't feel bad about it since I have the originals. I don't care if my SDCC Goku is worth $700 or $7, I don't plan on selling my figures. I hate seeing displays of mostly bootlegs and people that promote them. My stance is you should get a bootleg if you already have the real thing. If you can't afford the real one, then too bad. These figures are exclusive and for the foreseeable future Tamashii plans on keeping it that way. I do feel bad for people getting into the line late but I just can't appreciate someone's display if they're filled with bootlegs (which is something I've been seeing more and more of). This specific line has just gone crazy with the aftermarket because it's such a popular and well known series worldwide PLUS it's a high quality product. I'd love for Tamashii to have re-releases for the sake of the community but they're sticking by their guns and keeping em exclusive. Same goes for other companies such as Figma and Revoltech. There's always gonna be figures that won't EVER get re-released.

As collector's there will always be those figures that have some type of premium on it whether it's because they're exclusive, old, limited quantity, what have you. These figures aren't really toys, they're collector's items, hence the price tag and the limited release. As collectors, we've have to accept that there will be some figures we either can't have or have to pay more to get. That's just the hobby.

I have this weird feeling that a week after the convention, BBTS is going to have 1k of them in stock.
Hey, if they do it will be the first time I will consider buying from them. I usually go with anime island for their cheaper and more reliable overseas shipping but they dont get exclusives in. I have a buddy here (not naming names so he doesnt get swamoed with requests) that has been getting me the sdcc exclusives for a few years now, so ive never really had to order one from anywhere.

I don't have a problem with bootlegs as long as they're not taking away potential profit from Tamashii.

Did you really just insult this entire thread? Wtf man. We have stated MANY times that you should NOT buy bootlegs unless you absolutely feel you have to have one in your collection. I have only bought the ssj bootleg because the hair is shaded, and the ssj Vegeta was a head swap.

Just ignore him. He doesn't stay around to talk about anything.

Just got my shipping conformation from Toyz in the Box for the Gohan reissue!

I got my confirmation e-mail earlier today. Looking forward to it!

I decided to go to a local store to pick up some more plus a Vegito and help support them, when they're in stock. I order a lot from Toyz in the Box and Amazon but I need to start supporting local stores more often. (I really hate paying Cook County taxes!)

Back