S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I recently got a wage increase at work which means more money for my hobby :p

So i want to customize a datong regular Gokus faces into ssj, problem is i dont know which paints to buy. I know we have a few really good customizers here so i was wondering if anyone could tell me what they use? Thanks in advance :)

Really wish they'd come up with a better shoulder design. The massive gap will always bug me

Ok, so I recently got a wage increase at work which means more money for my hobby :p

So i want to customize a datong regular Gokus faces into ssj, problem is i dont know which paints to buy. I know we have a few really good customizers here so i was wondering if anyone could tell me what they use? Thanks in advance :)

All depends on how you will go about tackling the paint job. Hand paint or the more expensive way airbrushing.

Congrats on the pay raise. I was just plundering on buying a datong ss vegeta myself, hoping to bash it into a super vegeta.

Its just the eyebrows and eys on the faces and possibly the yellow and red stripes on the boots, dont think airbrushing would work in those scenarios :p

Its really just the type and colour of paints I would be looking for, as well as the application (what kind of paint brushes etc) Also, thanks man!

Its just the eyebrows and eys on the faces and possibly the yellow and red stripes on the boots, dont think airbrushing would work in those scenarios :p

Its really just the type and colour of paints I would be looking for, as well as the application (what kind of paint brushes etc) Also, thanks man!
In that case the paint that I use is a brand call taymia. Not all that expensive and will get the job done. Thinning the paint is needed and is suggested. As for brushes i can't really tell you what to buy. I was never that fond of brushes and when the time came to use a brush technique, Michael's was my friend. Just remember don't cake on the paint, take your time layer by layer, it'll get there and never settle for a look that you don't want. And i forgot the add you can always prime the part that your wanting to paint, sand the part lightly so primer can stick . Maybe some can chime in about brushes.

Edit: Tamiya

Only suggestion I have is don't go cheap with the brushes and get the ones that are the right kind for whatever paint you choose. Michaels around where I'm at has a huge selection of brushes and descriptions about what they are best for.

And since you are painting such small details, you might want to look into masking. This way you can prevent surrounding areas from getting paint on it.

I've read that a few customizers use Model Master acrylic paint.

There should be tutorials online on how to paint a face of an action figure.

anyone here have xdcc vegeta for sale? and does anyone remember the original price... it was 90 right?

So I bought a regular Goku off of amazon and I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg. It was also packaged horribly and the box is haggard. The picture on Amazon was of the legit one as well. Super annoying

IMG_4037.JPG

So I bought a regular Goku off of amazon and I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg. It was also packaged horribly and the box is haggard. The picture on Amazon was of the legit one as well. Super annoying

View attachment 185261

Yup, that's a bootleg. Sucks for you. How much did you pay?

Although on the bright side, since so many of these guys love knocks offs and are willing to pay premiums, let them buy it from you.

So you're the one that make those photos? Nice stuff.

The photos are from a japanese site (If you refer to the mock ups, yes these are my work :)), today I found this other:

17103077043_7779efbdf9_c.jpg

Source: toho.seesaa.

He looks amazing with accurate colors. I only pray they continue with this shade of orange and give us older figures in this color. I just wanna see some consistency with this line. That's one thing it's lacking in.

Totally agree.

Although on the bright side, since so many of these guys love knocks offs and are willing to pay premiums, let them buy it from you.

That's one of the awful bootlegs from the unknown maker. I assure you no one from here would have recommended you buy it and no one's gonna buy it from him. People here tend to be okay with Datong because they are decent quality and aren't trying to pass off as the real thing. He should try to get his money back through Amazon.

Did you really just insult this entire thread? Wtf man. We have stated MANY times that you should NOT buy bootlegs unless you absolutely feel you have to have one in your collection. I have only bought the ssj bootleg because the hair is shaded, and the ssj Vegeta was a head swap.

Back