S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

Angelo, Havok & TBlake: Thanks, it is always a pleasure reading your opinions.

Another picture of the exclusive face:

SHF%2B%C3%A6%C3%80%C3%AE%C3%95%C3%AF%C2%BE-%C3%AFT%C3%89%C3%95%C3%B9%C2%BC%C3%B4%C3%80%C3%86%C3%A0Ver.-%2B(SDCC)%2B03.jpg

Source: Mechanical Japan.

Damn, he looks right out of the anime. I don't care what I have to do, I'm getting THIS Mexican Goku. Unless they release the exact same figure stateside with the same coloring. The face is cool but if that's the only thing separating this from the (hopeful) web exclusive version than I'm good.

@Sil & Ang
Spoiler Spoiler:

And before anyone complains, all I have to say is
giphy.gif

Agreeeeeeed!!!

@Sil & Ang
Spoiler Spoiler:

And before anyone complains, all I have to say is
giphy.gif
696aad412a7ec7a18c88630df12f3d6c-54aeb69674c89.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn, he looks right out of the anime. I don't care what I have to do, I'm getting THIS Mexican Goku. Unless they release the exact same figure stateside with the same coloring. The face is cool but if that's the only thing separating this from the (hopeful) web exclusive version than I'm good.

A company pulling stunts like this makes me wanna quit collecting these. Not joking. This is an essential face to have for any goku. Half the ****ing screentime he looks like this. It's a kick in the nuts to make this exclusive as far as I'm concerned. SDCC ex, mexico ex, ****ing siberia ex, don't care, this should've come with the normal goku release we had last year. It's ******** not just for those who wants a saiyan goku, but also those who DONT. They HAVE this freakin face and they don't include it in the normal release. ****. That.

Do you guys think amazon will get some more pre orders in for gold frieza and god goku. They are all out

Spoiler Spoiler:

696aad412a7ec7a18c88630df12f3d6c-54aeb69674c89.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

A company pulling stunts like this makes me wanna quit collecting these. Not joking. This is an essential face to have for any goku. Half the ****ing screentime he looks like this. It's a kick in the nuts to make this exclusive as far as I'm concerned. SDCC ex, mexico ex, ****ing siberia ex, don't care, this should've come with the normal goku release we had last year. It's ******** not just for those who wants a saiyan goku, but also those who DONT. They HAVE this freakin face and they don't include it in the normal release. ****. That.

If we haven't learned by now, Tamashii to put it plain and simply are dicks.

1. They give preference to Japan. I don't care if it's the home country. The Japanese audience doesn't give two s**** about DBZ. That's why the line almost died. The international audience keeps the line going. They just can't admit it.
2. Manga releases over anime releases. This relates to the above point. The more popular medium for DBZ is the anime, plain and simple. As a company who's purpose is to make money (that's what businesses are for, duh), they continue to release the less popular coloring of figures.
3. The exclusivity issue. This is not only with that damn self-imposed re-release policy, but now with the new developments. We have more exclusive exclusives. It's getting ridiculous. Making popular characters impossible to get.

Those are the big 3 gripes I have with Tamashii. Feel free to add more or elaborate if I missed anything. I love the figures but I strongly dislike the company practices.

1. They give preference to Japan. I don't care if it's the home country. The Japanese audience doesn't give two s**** about DBZ. That's why the line almost died. The international audience keeps the line going. They just can't admit it.
2. Manga releases over anime releases. This relates to the above point. The more popular medium for DBZ is the anime, plain and simple. As a company who's purpose is to make money (that's what businesses are for, duh), they continue to release the less popular coloring of figures.
3. The exclusivity issue. This is not only with that damn self-imposed re-release policy, but now with the new developments. We have more exclusive exclusives. It's getting ridiculous. Making popular characters impossible to get.

Those are the big 3 gripes I have with Tamashii. Feel free to add more or elaborate if I missed anything. I love the figures but I strongly dislike the company practices.

everything ok. i am according with you... and i think just should release anime. not manga (is s%$&t). make me cry :'(

I absolutely agree. As of now, I feel this is a giant "**** you!" to the Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts collecting community as a whole. I'm attempting to remain calm until we know further information but my respect for Tamashii took a huge hit with this exclusive.

This sums up everything quite well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

rayd at Dragon Ball Forums...

"Also. For those who were wondering, I attempted to use the feet for Vegeta. The problem there is that the pegs used for Vegetto's feet are larger than those for SS Vegeta, so in these pics I had to just sit the figure on the feet, they weren't connected properly at all. Not sure if you could force the larger Vegetto pegs into Vegeta's smaller holes or perhaps make one end of Vegeta's peg larger, either way some customisation may be necessary."

Spoiler Spoiler:

I feel confident saying that Gunn and the Russo brothers enjoyed no more freedom than Whedon. The MCU is not a director driven platform. It is and always has been driven my Marvel EPs. They hold the continuity between all the franchises together. All the directors are on a tight leash. It is not the place for auteurs. This was established at the creation of Marvel's film division when the properties were split and given to various Marvel executives (many of whom were former comic writers) and each were tasked with overseeing their property and integrating it into the grander MCU. They are producer-driven and it's a formula that works. Yes, Gunn, Whedon, Russos have all added their own flare but there is a reason there is a nice synergy between all the films.

It's not like the Thor scene in question really took anything away from the film. Yes it is primarily to help set up future titles but that is and always has been the grander scheme so it's important and if Whedon tried to fight that wave, it was a lost battle before it began.

rayd at Dragon Ball Forums...

"Also. For those who were wondering, I attempted to use the feet for Vegeta. The problem there is that the pegs used for Vegetto's feet are larger than those for SS Vegeta, so in these pics I had to just sit the figure on the feet, they weren't connected properly at all. Not sure if you could force the larger Vegetto pegs into Vegeta's smaller holes or perhaps make one end of Vegeta's peg larger, either way some customisation may be necessary."

Hah! I knew that would happen!
I wonder if the actual toe piece is any different than Vegeta's.

I bought 4 extra Vegitos precisely to do this! It looks like the holes in Vegito's feet are too small for Vegeta so the best option seems to be to remove the tip itself. Personally after seeing this new Namek Goku and all the consequences that could come of it, I'd say a Cell Saga Vegeta/Trunks seems much more likely either as an SDCC/Mexico/Pluto exclusive or a straight up web exclusive.

I bought 4 extra Vegitos precisely to do this! It looks like the holes in Vegito's feet are too small for Vegeta so the best option seems to be to remove the tip itself. Personally after seeing this new Namek Goku and all the consequences that could come of it, I'd say a Cell Saga Vegeta/Trunks seems much more likely either as an SDCC/Mexico/Pluto exclusive or a straight up web exclusive.

The toe tip may be bigger. I know quite a lot of people were looking forward to switch the boots. We just have to wait longer. :(

Spoiler Spoiler:

You are right about that, Angelo. But my point was that no directors in the MCU are really given "freedom". They all have to tow the company line and serve the greater MCU. In film we typically think of the director as the helm of a film, guiding it to greatness or disaster, and my point is that it just really isn't the case in the MCU.

Frankly, those of you complaining sound like legitimate pansies. Stop. Being. Babies. You have 5 releases being unrolled for the next year plus SDCC. I have half the mind to start taking some of your post and putting them on r/cringe.

You are right about that, Angelo. But my point was that no directors in the MCU are really given "freedom". They all have to tow the company line and serve the greater MCU. In film we typically think of the director as the helm of a film, guiding it to greatness or disaster, and my point is that it just really isn't the case in the MCU.
If you guys need reference for how bad this can be, look at Iron Man 3. There were so many references to The Avengers, and that really hurt the film.

If you guys need reference for how bad this can be, look at Iron Man 3. There were so many references to The Avengers, and that really hurt the film.

AoU is 2 hrs 21 min of Avengers references. If anything the Mandarin should have taken Whiplash's spot in IM2 as the villain and Ultron should have been the big bad of IM3. Phase 2 didn't have enough of the Avengers in the solo films. Imo, the winter soldier is the only film which accurately captured a post-Avengers mcu. There wasn't enough glue to hold together Thor2 and IM3 and connect it to AoU. Most of phase 2 felt like filler when it could have been building more on the infinity storyline instead of trying to jam so much into AoU.

Back