S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Fat exactly but I don't think that's whedons fault, it's Feigi's. Whedon's been bafflingly candid about the situation. MCU is a Feigi dictatorship.

@Ang dbz super: I just want more and older Trunks and I would VERY much desire some female characters. Big characters, make the third revealed God a woman for example. I love dbz obviously, but I'm so tired of it being a sausage fest.

True. It all comes down to Feigi. The mcu is his grand design. And he is responsible for Wright leaving Ant Man, a move that nearly made me turn away from the mcu. On that note, I fully expect Ant Man to a steaming pile of Ultron. Phase 2 yay!

And I agree regarding stronger female characters. Dragon ball is misogynistic. I can't help but think this reflects the creator's ideals. Sorry, Toriyama. That's one of the reasons I love Hayao Miyazaki's work; he's always told stories with such well-rounded characters. Creators have a responsibility to challenge dated conventions and break stereotypes. It would be nice to know that Toriyama's writing has matured since the 90s. Maybe now he'll expect a little more from himself and his audience.

Probably not tho.

I have not seen the AOU, but I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy it. The only MCU movie that I really enjoyed was the first Iron Man and I can't stand Joss Whedon as a writer, so I'm glad that I can skip this one.

The first Avengers is the only piece of media (outside of his xmen comics) created by Whedon that I enjoy. The blitzkrieg of cheesy one-liners in AoU is the literary equivalent of Whedon jabbing you with his elbow every 30 seconds and whispering in your ear "Aren't I clever?".

Where is Kid Buu ? and where is this Mexicos Goku Senzu bean pouch? its missing from his belt

The first Avengers is the only piece of media (outside of his xmen comics) created by Whedon that I enjoy. The blitzkrieg of cheesy one-liners in AoU is the literary equivalent of Whedon jabbing you with his elbow every 30 seconds and whispering in your ear "Aren't I clever?".

The humor is AOU was symbolic. It shows how the Avengers have become so close, that they can joke with eachother without it being out-of-line. It shows they are confortable with people.

The humor is AOU was symbolic. It shows how the Avengers have become so close, that they can joke with eachother without it being out-of-line. It shows they are confortable with people.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hmm I'm curious, I wonder if that Figuarts Hulk would be as big as Broly. I can't wait to get my Figuarts Hulk and make him fight Broly heheh :) I didn't order the others like Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man since I'm not really a fan of them (but they'd be cool to have if given to me as gifts) lol :)

Hmm I'm curious, I wonder if that Figuarts Hulk would be as big as Broly. I can't wait to get my Figuarts Hulk and make him fight Broly heheh :) I didn't order the others like Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man since I'm not really a fan of them (but they'd be cool to have if given to me as gifts) lol :)

I was wondering that as well. He looks a little bit smaller in the promo art.

Calm down, news is slow and everything is in spoiler tags. You really need to stop trying to lord over folks and learn some damn manners.

I'm sure people talk about DBZ in other topics across the forum too, so what harm is being done? Once more info is revealed about Figuarts DBZ then the discussion will resume, as it always does. 99% of this topic is nothing but DBZ, a few of us start bringing up other things of interest & people lose their minds, sheesh :lol

I hope they reveal the Figuarts Hulkbuster which will cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended) and also a Figuarts Ultron

So what are the chances that the Avengers Figuarts will become available on Amazon or somewhere other than overpriced aftermarket outlets like evilbay? I totally missed the ship for preorders on those.

I just checked Datong's site and they have pictures of the Datong Normal and Super Saiyan Goku :)

e4f93eb7gw1errgsbf9zcj20ez0qo40s.jpg

e4f93eb7gw1errgsdd47cj20qo0ez41x.jpg

I think the Datong Normal Goku is suffering from the same zombie arms color as with their SSJ3 Goku version. The color of the face also seems to be different from the arm's skin tone. What do you think?

The Datong Super Saiyan Goku is pretty hard to see since the picture is smaller.

I can't wait to see their Trunks, Cell, Frieza and SDCC Vegeta versions :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ultron had humor because he was essentially programed by Stark. A smartass building a smartass.

I have to admit... The Avengers talk IS annoying....

But anyways... from a business stand point... Why would Datong make bootleg SS Goku and base Goku? Wouldn't it be more profitable to make Trunks and Cell? Goku is not expensive and SS goku isn't even a web exclusive.. Who would buy it?

Hmmm... I'm being a completist with the DBZ figuarts, including bootlegs, so I have datong Vegeta and just got datong SS3 Goku even though I have the originals on both. SS3 Goku's head is great but the rest is pretty lackluster. I'm not sure though if I feel a desire to get the regular and ss goku datongs. I suppose it's strange that those two are being made at all, since neither figure is particularly hard to get. SS Goku has been released 3 or 4 times and probably will get released again and regular goku's run was huge and while his price has crept up a bit, it's nothing like other figures.

Datong must not have access to the molds for Cell, Frieza and Trunks... that or they are really stupid. I wonder if they will ever try to knock off the sdcc figs.

Why would Datong make bootleg SS Goku and base Goku? Wouldn't it be more profitable to make Trunks and Cell? Goku is not expensive and SS goku isn't even a web exclusive.. Who would buy it?

Because, as the old business saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute."

I have to admit... The Avengers talk IS annoying....

But anyways... from a business stand point... Why would Datong make bootleg SS Goku and base Goku? Wouldn't it be more profitable to make Trunks and Cell? Goku is not expensive and SS goku isn't even a web exclusive.. Who would buy it?

My guess is that they just poured all those resources into SSJ3 Goku and it's super simple to reuse the body and just put a new head on it. Just like tamashii does!

Back