S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine how maddening it would be to those poor chaps that succumbed to scalpers if they changed their stance now. lol

If that turned out to be true, I would truly feel bad for them. Tamashii gave them no other choice. The ones who I wouldn't feel bad for are those that bought them expensive and are holding onto them as a "golden goose egg" hoping to make money five to six years down the line. I would get quite a joy out of those people's madness.

Imagine how maddening it would be to those poor chaps that succumbed to scalpers if they changed their stance now. lol

Yeah well thats their own decision to make and if they get mad they shouldnt have paid that much in the first place. dont buy toys as an investment

Yeah well thats their own decision to make and if they get mad they shouldnt have paid that much in the first place. dont buy toys as an investment

There's two different sides to that, though. Those that bought to collect and those that bought to invest.

I wish I had bought 2 of every figure from the start; first set to display & the 2nd just keep em mint-in-box

There's two different sides to that, though. Those that bought to collect and those that bought to invest.

and?

If youre prepared to pay $200, you have to own your decision... the future is always uncertain, make decisions but realize its You who made them (by you I dont mean you specifically, just in general)

and?

If youre prepared to pay $200, you have to own your decision... the future is always uncertain, make decisions but realize its You who made them (by you I dont mean you specifically, just in general)

Your comment had two different sides to a point yet tried to pass off as one. A collector has the right to be upset if a company decides to re-issue a product in this situation. Yes they paid after market prices but if the company were to repeatedly state that re-issues are "not likely" then that's clearly deceiving the collector.

Your comment had two different sides to a point yet tried to pass off as one. A collector has the right to be upset if a company decides to re-issue a product in this situation. Yes they paid after market prices but if the company were to repeatedly state that re-issues are "not likely" then that's clearly deceiving the collector.

not sayin they wont cry over it, but who cares? thats on them, let me enjoy stocking up on some more figs and let bandai enjoy their money

edit: I see where your tkaing my comment as two points, ill clarify

Collector spends $200 - would think they thought it over and realized the risks
Investor spends $200 - would think they thought it over and realized the risks

tough ****

:lol

I would love it. :lol this happened with Manga Piccolo actually, he used to be more than the SDCC one but once it was announced, his prices drop dramatically. People tell me for the first SSJ Goku re-release, he had a dramatic price drop too.

@ Lipsmack: Never change :hi5: :lol

See, I look at it completely differently. Not saying your point of view is wrong.

Collector - somebody who enjoys collecting things that mean something to them.
Investor - somebody who enjoys making money.

I choose to attach the moral aspect to those words and not just the act of them.

I don't mean to sound callous, but isn't that justice?

People caving into scalper prices is why the prices stay so high. If no one bought a SSj Vegeta over $90 ever, we wouldn't have this problem. People caving is what teaches them to set the price higher and higher.

Don't misunderstand me here, I can totally empathize with and understand how unfair it is to them to spend so much money due to unlucky timing (it's happened to me, I get it) But I still say it's karma :(
*flame shield*

No one commits a crime by buying a figure for an inflated price, but it's not unjust for Tamashii to reissue after the figure has sold for high aftermarket prices. It's just bad luck for the buyer in my view - no one is at fault.

The whole Vegeta and other "web Ex" not being able to be released is complete and utter ********..

they can do it if they wanted to, nothing in the way

and?

not sayin they wont cry over it, but who cares? thats on them, let me enjoy stocking up on some more figs and let bandai enjoy their money

tough ****

not even a little bit

:exactly:

45WW0wy.jpg

Bottom line is, there's too much bickering going on and not enough updated photos of your displays :lecture

No one commits a crime by buying a figure for an inflated price, but it's not unjust for Tamashii to reissue after the figure has sold for high aftermarket prices. It's just bad luck for the buyer in my view - no one is at fault.

Well Tamashii would be if they go back on their word. When you expressly state that such and such figure is a "web ex" or whatever, otherwise meaning that it will NOT be released again so that you keep loyalty and then you change your stance later it's worst than never having the exclusivity in the first place.

Honestly it would be like a private gym offering memberships for X price and specifically stating that X price will not change in the next year and once they've tapped their market to start lowering their membership prices within the next few months. Of course Tamashii can't be held legally in contempt like this gym but they will, I imagine, lose loyalty and trust with some of their faithfuls and these are the very customers they were trying to KEEP loyal with the exclusivity in the first place.

It don't make sense unless there's a huge shake down in management over there and even then, they would lose a lot of face for changing their policy regarding past releases.

And of course the buyer takes responsibility for paying scalper rates but when that decision is based on false pretenses you cannot help but feel bad.

No, not callous. Just ignorant.

not even a little bit]

What? Your entire comment SCREAMS ignorance...

tough ****

I honestly have no problem with how you view this but I don't see how you can outright deny what it clearly is.

Back