S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! Are those poses final or are you gonna tweak them up a little bit?

Excellent! Are those poses final or are you gonna tweak them up a little bit?

Those are the final ones (until I get either a better camera, or lighting setup, or both :lol)
My camera hates small objects, the slightest movement (even by a micron) is enough to blur the image so hard.

Things are going to get nuts when Broly gets here though. I also have to make room though for my revoltech TMNT figures coming soon from amiami, so things might get altered to accommodate them.

Oh, and the revoltech Vash the stampede is getting re-released too, I may need to mug somebody to keep up my addic...er...I mean habi...er...I mean hobby :monkey3

Looking back through all the photos I took (not just the ones posted) I see that I did tweak the Frieza vs Goku one a little after that picture. I had changed it so the palm(?) of his foot was more pressed against Goku's forearm. (I would say sole of this foot, but it looks too much like a hand :lol)

Might find Broly massively boring, deffo not gonna get him, but one thing is the case: I'm looking forward to seeing you guys' displays with him!

He's not even gonna be able to fit in some peoples displays, which poses a whole new challenge for us :monkey4

By the way there's on small nitpick regarding your poll Philo.... Regarding trunks. Your poll differentiates between armoured powered down and powered up. And that skews the results in favor of bojack trunks winning. Now there's no way to tell how many people would pick a different version of armoured, over Bojack. Because in my version poll they're practically tied...

So... It's not a biggie, but last time I saw it I just realised it. To some degree it goes for more stuff. I'm fine with it leaving it as it is as I want another trunks regardless of his uniform, but just wanted to poi nt it out, maybe you'll know a way to address it if he gets to the final round.

@crisis yeah he definitely literally would not fit between the shelves I keep my stuff.:lol But 16 will, luckily.

Also Philo, please tell me normal goku and nappa are winning in the saiyan saga poll. If Yamcha beats the quintessential Goku look I'll never forgive you guys.:lol

I also personally think it's useless to offer people the option of buu with gohan or gotenks absorbed. If any buu's gonna be made it's kid or super buu. Now those votes will be kinda wasted.

But yeah not really criticism just my imo that I think you HAVE to as a pollmaker make an assesment of what's in the line of expctancy, otherwise people are wasting their votes on things that'll never happen before other versions. But I'm a strategist that way I kinda deal with actual political votes the same way.

@crisis yeah he definitely literally would not fit between the shelves I keep my stuff.:lol But 16 will, luckily.

Haha but also consider the fact if and when they release Nappa, who is also quite massive. We'll alternatively have to buy new shelves/display cases just to accomodate everything. This is an expensive hobby :gah:

If they were to release that gigantic Shenron, then some of us would have to dedicate an entire room in the house just for everything

The sad truth is that 1 day, all of our collections will inevitably leave us, be it either selling, or passing it down to the younger generation (which they may decide to sell it all off once they come of age and we'll be too old to care or do anything about it). So I say enjoy it now because it's all temporary in the grand scheme of things :lecture

I have these unique Rockman Zero model kits straight from Japan and I'm absolutely certain I'm the only dude in all of NY that has em, and I can't even fathom what will become of them 20 or 30 years from now. I know I can easily get at least $300+, since they're so rare. If I sell them, they are in such pristine condition that I'm afraid the next dude that owns em won't appreciate them as much as I do -_-

Well, I've told my sister and my mother, and will to my future family as well, many times, when I die, I want to be buried with my signed John Cena WWE Spinner Championship Belt around my waist, my insane comic book collection (that was passed down from my father), and my action figures. Whether it's a vault or it's just put onto all one gigantic pyre, they're all coming with me to the after life. :lol

I know how times can be tough Jayrod, maybe with some hope (or a change in management) we'll get reissues of the web exclusives.

Thanks for the compliments guys! :D I really enjoy setting up these kinds of displays an poses, I can hardly wait for Broly, there is going to be some beasting going on.

Say, anyone have tips on setting up plain white back drops for photo shoots of figures? I took a random flyer I got in the mail and used it as a backdrop in these, but I really want to build a "set" with studio like lighting. Anyone know where to start?

Awesome displays, Philosopher! I love them! That impact effect is insane! I'll have to buy a couple of those now. I've got some ideas for Broly but I'm going to need quite a lot of stands. I really like how you use your stands in your displays. It's cool to see somebody use the stands and not attach them to the figure's waist.

Have you thought about poster boards?

He's not even gonna be able to fit in some peoples displays, which poses a whole new challenge for us :monkey4

I actually decided on a display case knowing that multiple Broly's will be part of it. Hehe.

Haha but also consider the fact if and when they release Nappa, who is also quite massive. We'll alternatively have to buy new shelves/display cases just to accomodate everything. This is an expensive hobby :gah:

If they were to release that gigantic Shenron, then some of us would have to dedicate an entire room in the house just for everything

+ buy new oants for the massive nerdboners.... No?..... Too much.... Oh well.

Anyway yeah I'm gonna keep my collection fairly small. Just the core favs.

so i notice, once the figure is already sold out in most online stores. the price seems to sky rocket! in ebay, cell is at $150-200 range.. crazy @_@

By the way there's on small nitpick regarding your poll Philo.... Regarding trunks. Your poll differentiates between armoured powered down and powered up. And that skews the results in favor of bojack trunks winning. Now there's no way to tell how many people would pick a different version of armoured, over Bojack. Because in my version poll they're practically tied...
The reason why is because the power up and power down are significantly different in size all around, it would be unlikely for armored Trunks to included (buff) accessories, so I thought the only option would be separating that form, as a consequence there was an extra trunks version for the armored outfit, and not the jacket outfit.

Trunks never turned buff ascended SSj in his jacket, so there there couldn't be another option for that outfit.

My theory is that the datong Vegeta/Trunks head combo pack is skewing the results, many people have that Trunks and I think they want something different. Multiply that by the number of people who missed out on the first blue jacket trunks who know there won't be a reissue, and I that leads us to these results. :/

I also personally think it's useless to offer people the option of buu with gohan or gotenks absorbed. If any buu's gonna be made it's kid or super buu. Now those votes will be kinda wasted.

But yeah not really criticism just my imo that I think you HAVE to as a pollmaker make an assesment of what's in the line of expctancy, otherwise people are wasting their votes on things that'll never happen before other versions. But I'm a strategist that way I kinda deal with actual political votes the same way.
I welcome the critiques :)
Originally when I planned this poll, Super Buu and all his forms was a separate slot from kid buu, because knew kid buu would dominate over all of super buu's forms. But in practice, I discovered limitations that prevented me from executing that, and I was forced to group them together with kid buu.

I think it works out though, because the votes serve as a timeline; no vote is wasted because even when a dominating character hordes all the votes, once that character is made, then all the focus will shift to the character next in line. Before, Tamashii wouldn't have quite as clear a picture as to what buu to release after kid buu was made.

so i notice, once the figure is already sold out in most online stores. the price seems to sky rocket! in ebay, cell is at $150-200 range.. crazy @_@
Yep, this is what happens with collectors lines. This one specifically is aimed at a mass market, an audience so large that it's not possible for everyone to have one.

It's the old axiom of supply and demand. This line opens with a ridiculous demand at the very start of every pre-order, once you see "sold out" then supply becomes far more limited.

Looked up the recent results of the polls.

I'm surprised Gohan is 2nd and Yamcha is 3rd. No love for Yamcha.

People really want another, or maybe at least one, Trunks. Glad to see Tien is up there, though.

It's interesting that Ginyu Force is first considering that almost half of the people don't want any of them if they can't get all of them. Would have thought 2nd form Frieza would be demanded more for action poses but I suppose the 1st form is more recognizable and iconic.

Really surprised that Gohan is more popular than Buu for that saga. I would assume everybody wants to try and knock out all of the main villains.

Any chance you can post how many posters/voters have mentioned Raditz?

Looked up the recent results of the polls.

I'm surprised Gohan is 2nd and Yamcha is 3rd. No love for Yamcha.

People really want another, or maybe at least one, Trunks. Glad to see Tien is up there, though.

It's interesting that Ginyu Force is first considering that almost half of the people don't want any of them if they can't get all of them. Would have thought 2nd form Frieza would be demanded more for action poses but I suppose the 1st form is more recognizable and iconic.

Really surprised that Gohan is more popular than Buu for that saga. I would assume everybody wants to try and knock out all of the main villains.

Any chance you can post how many posters/voters have mentioned Raditz?
I can, but it will take time.

Even then, that number would under represent the true amount of people who are interested in purchasing a Raditz, because we must consider "out of sight, out of mind"

Once the results are ready to be delivered, it will come with a special note about characters wrote into the short answer.

@Philo yeah but the thing with versions is, we only get 1 release first, and if you wanna decide by voting what release that should be, tehn a lot of people might switch their vote who voted for an unrealistic choice. That's the point, hypothetically say 1st form frieza wins, but almost everyone who voted for 2nd and 3rd form would vote for his 100% form second, then it's a statistical illusion that most people want 1st form frieza...

In the case of buu, I think a lot of people would rather have super buu if they voted for buuhan, then kid buu. The versions can't be ranked like the rest and that skews their results...

As for trunks, the amount of people who want an armoured version, whether it's buff or normal, put together, outweighs the bojack version. How would you look at that? We don't know what people would do if we knew one of the armoured versions was never gonna make it – and I think we ain't getting buffed armoured Trunks, we seem to get first appearance versions of every character, they'll probably make him a bit more muscular as a hybride, but dividing the votes between those two versions is imo fogging the actual demand.

You can make a poll with oolong on it and 40% of the votes might vote oolong but with all do respect, he's just not a realistic release. So that makes the voting useless imo. We'll never see buuhan before kid buu or super buu, that's just so far away from the line of expectancy, so what's the point of listing him? All it does is mask which LIKELY version of buu people want most: super buu, or kid buu.

But, anyway, ultimately we'll get the final round, the one that truly matters imo, and I hope that only has realistic releases on it.

Tamashii has already proven that they'll make anyone people would buy. The only "unrealistic" choices would be a Shenron that's in scale with the figures (he would wrap around my house :lol) or Hirudegarn, first form Jenemba, and Dr. Weelo all in scale because of their massive size. But anything under 7 inches tall is fair game if Android 16 is any indication.

The point of this poll is to give people a chance to choose what they would purchase regardless of how possible/impossible it would be for that figure to exist. 2 years ago, Broly and 16 would have been in this same category of "wasted vote" because most of us never imagined they would make them (I never saw 16 coming).

The idea of people shifting their vote to accommodate what (they think) is more likely, is exactly what I don't want to happen, as this poll is suppose to measure what they want (no matter what the odds are that they'll ever receive it)

There have already been many polls where safe, easy, and likely choices were available, and people had to strategize over which they think is more likely, but I don't think we need to do that anymore now that Broly and 16 are going to be released, and this poll was intended to function in a way that accommodated that.

Combining the votes for armored Trunks and ascended SSj Trunks would be inappropriate because they are fundamentally different figures, I want the ascended SSj Trunks, but I'm not interested in the basic armored Trunks. Other people don't like the super buff Trunks, and they would rather any version other than that. They can't be combined, and it really shouldn't be looked at like the same thing because they are too different, and peoples comments show that. It's like suggesting that Recoome is stealing votes away from Guldo, making Ginyu look more popular. You can't combine those two because they are different characters. Which (as far as peoples tastes are concerned) is the case for Trunks because the forms are so different. I could understand if I divided purple hair armor, and SSj armor, and ascended SSj. But armored trunks has all the features that blue jacket Trunks has. The buff ascended SSj is the odd ball (unique) character. Much like Frieza's forms, fundamentally different.

edit: I misspelled Android again, maybe I am dyslexic :horror

They should just release their Shenron in extremely limited quantities so they won't risk a big loss, and I'm sure it'll sell out immediately

I can't stop looking at this thing man, it's perfect :monkey4

P7180167-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Back