S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well at least they haven't been trolling us with multiple Nappa/Shenron displays ._.

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't trolling but had "at some point in the future" displays.

(Dang it, I tried to edit my message and then erased everything.)

Constructive criticism may also be an important factor through those displays, too. It seems like the constructive criticism for Vegito will hopefully be put to good use to fix his face.

Why did you sell at all Jay? You've been here a while thought you'd know once you sell you can't catch back up?

I sold last year to find my air fare to get back to North Dakota for work. Because my break home, I blew through do much money.. It had been 6 months since I was home. Now that I'm out of the oil feild, I don't have a heavy cash flow to just drop $200 on these figures to bring the collection back. I will still buy Broly to support the Nappa release, because I want Nappa. But at this point, I kind of have to give up all hope of owning all previous releases.

Oh that sucks Jay, ftr, didn't mean to kick you when you're down, was just surprised coming from a veteran member.

You sold ALL of it? At least you can get a cheap ssj goku with Broly I guess. And you can still get normal goku for 40 bucks at toy arena!

Oh that sucks Jay, ftr, didn't mean to kick you when you're down, was just surprised coming from a veteran member.

You sold ALL of it? At least you can get a cheap ssj goku with Broly I guess. And you can still get normal goku for 40 bucks at toy arena!

That is true. Piccolo, Goku,SS Goku, 17, 16, and Broly aren't the issue. It's The previous releases.

Although, maybe I should just hang into them huh? I do enjoy the conversations in here, and the surprises.

Hey guys, I did a little photo shoot a few days ago :)

2igytrd.png

6qwbiu.png

And my personal favorite....
2n87qs9.png

I just got the impact effect, and it's glorious! :D

Awesome, love the poses you made! although why are the photos so small? We need hi-res :panic:

These are the kinds of dynamic displays I love to see as opposed to the arms-at-side-standing-still-staring-blankly-at-nothing displays

I know how times can be tough Jayrod, maybe with some hope (or a change in management) we'll get reissues of the web exclusives.

Thanks for the compliments guys! :D I really enjoy setting up these kinds of displays an poses, I can hardly wait for Broly, there is going to be some beasting going on.

Say, anyone have tips on setting up plain white back drops for photo shoots of figures? I took a random flyer I got in the mail and used it as a backdrop in these, but I really want to build a "set" with studio like lighting. Anyone know where to start?

Cartoonx22, The_Philosopher, Silrian....

I should hang on to Android 18 and Krillin. I do have 17,16,and Brily Pre-Ordered..
I guess, aside from my 1/6 Sideshow Star Wars collection, if I put money aside each week I could get them back. It's a bummer though to see that most are going from $100-$220 each now. Paying that high of a price for such a small figure is a killer. I remember when I paid $188 for SS Vegeta a few years back and felt horrible, now I'm looking at $1,000 to have the whole set back. That's a buzzkill.

But, **** it. I like everyone here. Can't quit now. Maybe they will get rereleased or I'll come across a good deal. Thanks bro's for pulling me back in!

The sad truth is that 1 day, all of our collections will inevitably leave us, be it either selling, or passing it down to the younger generation (which they may decide to sell it all off once they come of age and we'll be too old to care or do anything about it). So I say enjoy it now because it's all temporary in the grand scheme of things :lecture

I have these unique Rockman Zero model kits straight from Japan and I'm absolutely certain I'm the only dude in all of NY that has em, and I can't even fathom what will become of them 20 or 30 years from now. I know I can easily get at least $300+, since they're so rare. If I sell them, they are in such pristine condition that I'm afraid the next dude that owns em won't appreciate them as much as I do -_-

@Jay My policy is made up of trhreee rules: buy everything at retail I want, buy stuff at 2x retail I really want and ONLY, ONLY buy ANYTHING over 2x retail, if there's no other way, a one shot oppertunity, and it'd practically make my collection near-redundant not having it.

For me those are the four saiyans in ssj form + sdcc piccolo as they are released now. SO those five are the only ones that could've fallen in that 2x+ retail price for me. But yeah, that's my policy, whatever can't be bought with it I'll have to accept not having. But Im not a completeist, I only buy what I really want, what's the most iconic to me or nostalgic etc. SO that does make it easier.

On the other hand, still, you gotta set yourself a max imo, gotta keep perspective. If I were you, I'd buy everything that's there for retail now, maybe pick up a few deals you can find ans just hope for the best regarding rereleases or other versions.

Back