S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah apologies, I forgot wolvie's excellent work of our questions. And Pwn if he ever checks back in. But nothing on youtube. Just kinda surprised. I hoped to know more anout where the lines heading than what we have now.

I always thought it was odd how Turles despite being "non-canon" was a spitting image of Goku but weren't related, yet Raditz & Goku are, despite him sharing more facial similarities with Vegeta (mainly the receeding hairline) :cuckoo:

Anyway, as promised, here are some comparison photos of Earth-sized Dragon Balls & Namek-sized Dragon Balls:

securedownload.jpg
securedownload2.jpg

The earth ones are from the Dragon Ball keychains, and the larger ones can be found packaged with some of the Jakks DBZ figures, such as this set. I only have the 3 that come with Vegeta, I still have to track down the remaining 4: https://www.ebay.com/itm/151205851758?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It also seems the Dragon Balls that came packed with the Dragon Ball Evolution figures might be good scale for our Figuarts. Although I'll let you guys decide if they're worth a buy to see for yourselves..

Untitled.jpg

Well, Chi-Chi would have a pretty strong case if she accidentally slept with Turles...or Bardock if that worked itself out somehow.

It would be great to know their two year plan. At least WHICH Sagas to get excited about. There's always more than a couple characters/versions where it would keep the fan base guessing and excited.

Excerpt from a somewhat recent Toriyama interview:

Please tell us about Bardock’s family structure! Did Goku, and also Bardock himself, have any siblings? (Apart from Raditz, that is….)

The quartet of Bardock, Gine, Raditz, and ****rrot make up Bardock’s family, such as it is, but all four of them were never together.

Also, I think that Bardock himself might have had siblings, but perhaps even Bardock himself doesn’t really know, and at any rate, he probably has no interest in it, either.

Saiyans don’t have much of a concept of “family”.

source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/episode-bardock-akira-toriyama-super-qa/

I will accept that Gine is canon, ok, but I will never accept db minus; there are just too many inconsistencies with it regarding Gokus arrival on Earth etc.

I think Pwn said, confirmed, or was it wolvie? Tgat the main focus will shift to the buu era, but with continual sidesteps into other eras.

Considering we have 16 for 2915, and we already saw vegito, I'm nit xpecting anything non-buu for next year besides 16 and rereleases (manga gohan mainly).

I'm preparing for the worst: that I'll all but quit collecting this line for a while, if most releases are buu era ones.

Apart from nappa, tien and maaaaaaaaaaaybe a new trunks I don't epect much pre-cell releases.:(

I agree Deano; all this time throughout DBZ's history Goku was an infant when he first landed on earth, now all of a sudden that has been retconned to him being a small child, ya know, "just because?" Yeah, no.

Guess that proves how not even Toriyama writes gold all the time, to those that hold his work as the "golden standard." He can make a new manga having Oolong being able to defeat SSj2 Vegeta because Toriyama doesn't take this stuff seriously, and that would now be canon? He's not infallible, he's capable of making nonsensical decisions that contradict previous facts regarding Dragon Ball too.

I predict 16, vegito, majin vegeta and kid buu will be 2015's releases. Manga gohan rerelease and no idea for sdcc. That's the scenario I'm preparing myself for.

Maybe an sdcc ssj3 goku repaint.

With regards to an Android 18 bodyswap I'm thinking of getting figma motoko kusanagi when she comes out.

ghost-in-the-shell-s.a.c.figurine-motoko-kusanagi-figma-max-factory.jpg

Failing that figma Adult Mikuru may be another option.

IMG_4324 copy.jpg

Hopefully a figuarts head swap is a possibility.

That Figma Adult Mikuru might be spot-on, good find!

I've been wanting to custom a Bulma or Videl, and that might be a great starting point.

That's right, I forgot about that. Good memory, Silrian. The Buu Saga is understandable, considering that Dragon Ball Z Kai is starting up again.

I'm surprised they're going for Vegito right away. I would assume that they would go for Majin Vegeta and Super Saiyan 2 Goku, and then some, a few releases before Vegito.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku for an SDCC Exclusive is the only character I can think of in regards to the ones already released. Everybody else, that hasn't been given an SDCC Exclusive, seems anime correct already.

I wonder if Tamashii/Bluefin is going to follow the similar list that Jakks had. Maybe then we'll finally get a Tien.

Yeah, with the exception of Ultimate or Tournament Gohan and Majin Vegeta (mostly just for more ssj vegeta faces), I'm not diving into any buu releases. From what I can tell I'll have other priorities. So if the majority of it all is gonna be buu era stuff, I'm bowing out of this line regarding those.

I'm in this for DBZ up to cell games. Rest ain't gonna cut it.

If we could just get armoured Nappa and a Tien, I could quit with peace of mind. Though I hope to be spared my pain of missing a tall long haired trunks. An OG Goku instead of nappa would be fine too. Someone to correctly accompany or fight saiyan saga vegeta is the point.

Guess that's about 2-4 releases. With a little luck my collection will be completed within a few years. Then it's bonus rounds going forward for me.

And if we're not getting a correctly robed namek goku within 1 to 2 years I'm selling my frieza. Never was a fan of him until tfs came along and that's mostly 1st form and mecha frieza.

I need Tien, OG Goku and/or armoured Nappa and a tall long haired trunks and then I'm done. What's the bet we'll get those within 2 years? I mostly fear no OG Goku.

Yeah, with the exception of Ultimate or Tournament Gohan and Majin Vegeta (mostly just for more ssj vegeta faces), I'm not diving into any buu releases. From what I can tell I'll have other priorities. So if the majority of it all is gonna be buu era stuff, I'm bowing out of this line regarding those.

I'm in this for DBZ up to cell games. Rest ain't gonna cut it.

If we could just get armoured Nappa and a Tien, I could quit with peace of mind. Though I hope to be spared my pain of missing a tall long haired trunks. An OG Goku instead of nappa would be fine too. Someone to correctly accompany or fight saiyan saga vegeta is the point.

Guess that's about 2-4 releases. With a little luck my collection will be completed within a few years. Then it's bonus rounds going forward for me.

Does that include any ZEROs you might be interested in

Back