S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a photo of it like 5 pages back, just click through them until you find it.

Could you take a pic in better lighting? That was really dim and I wanna see if the skin matches with the goku body.

I believe the reason they say CAN'T for Trunks, SSJ3, SS Vegeta, etc, is because of a licensing restriction. Something about because they were exclusives to Tamashii Web, they contractually aren't allowed to produce and release them again. I THINK that's the case. There are interviews with tamashii reps somewhere about all this.
But why was Figuarts Zero Goku able to be re-released? He must have have had the same issue too. Perhaps another reason for his re-release is due to Vegeta and Trunks coming out, when Goku was all on his lone some last year.

Speaking of Figuarts Zero, did anyone get Freiza?

Could you take a pic in better lighting? That was really dim and I wanna see if the skin matches with the goku body.

g.jpg

But why was Figuarts Zero Goku able to be re-released? He must have have had the same issue too. Perhaps another reason for his re-release is due to Vegeta and Trunks coming out, when Goku was all on his lone some last year.

Speaking of Figuarts Zero, did anyone get Freiza?

I don't know. Don't know much of anything about the Zero releases. Don't really pay attention to them. Hey, I would love a reissue of these guys so everyone could get one and I could get a cheap double. Datong Vegeta will serve, have Trunks. Only releases I don't have are official SS Vegeta, Manga Gohan and SDCC Goku. I did just pay a premium for SSJ3 Goku ($150), but whatever. I've decided I will buy a SDCC Goku for $200-$240. SDCC releases will certainly never be reissued. If I see a deal of $160 or less for an SS Vegeta, I'll get that, because that's what I sold mine for a while back so that's an even split.

But even if they do rereleases, there will still be people who miss out. These things will never be in constant production. So a rerelease would again just be a one time production run. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the rereleases of Goku and Piccolo to sell out and what happens to the price afterwards. Those were both going for $100+ before the rereleases. There seems to be enough stock to go around, but eventually they will sell out and new people will find the line or decide to start collecting and likely have to pay a stupid premium. Heck, Trunks sat in stock for months.

Don't remind me about Trunks, I still feel dumb for missing out when I saw him literally at a con stall and even wanted him :gah:

SSJ 3 Goku for $150? Damn, that's a lot. I'm kinda hoping outside of SDCC Gohan, who will never be re-released and that people tell me I got him for prices they did ($70, no shipping/taxes) I'll never have to pay significant after market prices. I paid $60 for SSJ3 Goku a few months ago but idk his original price...I might cave for Trunks though, since he has enough to justify his price.

Don't remind me about Trunks, I still feel dumb for missing out when I saw him literally at a con stall and even wanted him :gah:

SSJ 3 Goku for $150? Damn, that's a lot. I'm kinda hoping outside of SDCC Gohan, who will never be re-released and that people tell me I got him for prices they did ($70, no shipping/taxes) I'll never have to pay significant after market prices. I paid $60 for SSJ3 Goku a few months ago but idk his original price...I might cave for Trunks though, since he has enough to justify his price.

Yeah... I see paying the premium for SS3 Goku as my penance for selling him for $110 a few months ago. I shouldn't have, I'm stupid, so I only have myself to blame. Other than that I haven't really paid a premium for anything until I buy an sdcc goku, though I will probably buy a 2nd sdcc vegeta while he is 75-80 since you know he will be 150-200 this time next year.

Just can't believe I sold my 2nd sdcc gohan for $100 and my SS vegeta. At least I got a decent price for vegeta but still, stupid stupid stupid. I will get bored of something for a week then sell it because I'm impatient. I rarely regret it but with these I do big time.

I believe the reason they say CAN'T for Trunks, SSJ3, SS Vegeta, etc, is because of a licensing restriction. Something about because they were exclusives to Tamashii Web, they contractually aren't allowed to produce and release them again. I THINK that's the case. There are interviews with tamashii reps somewhere about all this.

It's not a licensing thing. Toriyama, Toei and whoever else are the stakeholders with Dragon Ball are quite liberal with the license and numerous companies hold DB licenses for a variety of products. Bandai has held the main action figure license in Japan for years but has diversified it with other companies (like Irwin and Jakks here) as well as produced figurines and role play toys like the Scouter. I've never heard of licensing challenges before so I doubt this is one.

It's likely just a style and format that Bandai prefers to do. They wanted to make let's say...5000 Trunks figures and sell them on the website only and that's what they chose and did for now. Western companies do very similar things like Hasbro does with HasbroToyShop.com and Mattel does with MattyCollector.

But even their supposed "exclusives" show up elsewhere. Hasbro put their SDCC exclusive Jabba on their website and even Bluefin still has the "show only" SDCC exclusive Piccolo on their website.

Since Tamashii is just an umbrella series of figures under Bandai, they're subject to whatever the higher-ups choose to do. For now Trunks and others ARE web exclusives but that is always subject to change...especially when it comes to consumer demand. Plus, repeated counterfeits are going to HURT Bandai's product because it can inadvertently take sales away from them.

With Tamashii getting bigger, it's not a bad idea to dive into your new customers and make old products available again. But that's Bandai's decision.

I definitely agree that they are hurting themselves by not re-issuing sought after Dragonball characters. For example, instead of my money going to them to buy an original Super Saiyan Vegeta or Gohan for $30 to $50, my money went to Datong to get a $28 Vegeta that looks almost as good as the real deal. I'm also buying a Super Saiyan 3 Jacksdo Goku head, and later on, I'll buy a Trunks head.

If only they decided to produce those Dragonball toys again, I would've bought them even if they're a little more expensive than the Datong and Jacksdo versions. Oh well, too bad for them :eek:

(I bet the Datong group's rich now, I saw one of their Ebay listings stating they've already sold more than 200/500 fake Vegetas) :)

How do we know Datong isn't somehow affiliated with bandai? Wouldn't be the first time a company leaked molds. Would be a convenient way around their unwillingness to rerelease Vegeta.

Bum bum buuuum!!!!! :)

Kid Buu is almost a given I'd say for the next villain. Considering how Tamashii has said they'll be concentrating on the Buu saga characters.

Here's the confirmed line-up:

OCTOBER

-Android 17

DECEMBER

-Legendary SSJ Broly

FEBRUARY/MARCH (Estimate)

-Android 16

MAY/JUNE (Estimate)

-Vegito

I'd say the remaining 2015 line-up chances would look something like this, in no particular order:

-Kid Buu
-Majin (Fat) Buu (If they do another Buu, I see him before any others...it might also depend on Broly sales)
-Buu Saga Vegeta (Majin & Regular heads and faces)
-Gotenks (with various heads/faces)
-Ultimate/Mystic Gohan (VERY easy for them to make, hopefully includes SSJ head,sword and some action accessories)

Re-releases, who would serve nicely to break things up and go along with new releases:
-Trunks
-Teenage Gohan (manga ver. with extra face and battle damage arm?)
-SSJ3 Goku (Better paints? More matte and less glossy)

I think Vegeta might be ruled out because they'll want to do a Buu Saga version. Plus we saw a lot of Vegeta with two releases in 2014. A newer "Cell Saga" Vegeta might be in line for 2016.

this is abput the most realistic assumption lisr Ive seen good job bro lol, except for the re release gohan coming with extra stuff , not gonna happen

It's not a licensing thing. Toriyama, Toei and whoever else are the stakeholders with Dragon Ball are quite liberal with the license and numerous companies hold DB licenses for a variety of products. Bandai has held the main action figure license in Japan for years but has diversified it with other companies (like Irwin and Jakks here) as well as produced figurines and role play toys like the Scouter. I've never heard of licensing challenges before so I doubt this is one.

It's likely just a style and format that Bandai prefers to do. They wanted to make let's say...5000 Trunks figures and sell them on the website only and that's what they chose and did for now. Western companies do very similar things like Hasbro does with HasbroToyShop.com and Mattel does with MattyCollector.

But even their supposed "exclusives" show up elsewhere. Hasbro put their SDCC exclusive Jabba on their website and even Bluefin still has the "show only" SDCC exclusive Piccolo on their website.

Since Tamashii is just an umbrella series of figures under Bandai, they're subject to whatever the higher-ups choose to do. For now Trunks and others ARE web exclusives but that is always subject to change...especially when it comes to consumer demand. Plus, repeated counterfeits are going to HURT Bandai's product because it can inadvertently take sales away from them.

With Tamashii getting bigger, it's not a bad idea to dive into your new customers and make old products available again. But that's Bandai's decision.

web ex's are made per order though.

I'd say next month or later this month, since he's scheduled for January and a Tamashii typically does previews 4 or 5 months before something is released.

These guys apparently saw Havok's work and were like **** that we're not gonna top that anyway so whatever, just like, throw m together. Looks like a friggin ice skating routine.:lol

Figuarts-Android-18-23.jpg

Also, from the tumbnail POV, I thought this looked like a very different scene.... Dunno what the hell this is supposed to be.:rotfl
All I know is it needs more Woody.
Figuarts-Android-18-35.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2014/08/06/s-h-figuarts-dragonball-z-android-18-gallery-134849

Back