S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^bahahaha, good effort tho!

It does take some time to get the poses exactly the way you want. I try to be very delicate & precise when getting a character in a specific pose, for fear that I might be too hard & snap the arm off or something. But these figuarts hold up pretty good, I dropped my Piccolo several times & nothing has broken off. That's every Figuarts collector's worst nightmare; accidently breaking something irreplacable or getting an annoying scuff mark on the face or wherever, then having to spend a couple hundred bucks just to get another one.

-Buu Saga Vegeta (Majin & Regular heads and faces)
-Ultimate/Mystic Gohan (VERY easy for them to make, hopefully includes SSJ head,sword and some action accessories)

Buu Saga Vegeta with Majin and regular heads would be the first figure that I'd seriously consider buying two of. I hope if an Ultimate Gohan gets done that somehow either officially or unofficially we get the parts to make the Future, scarred, one-armed version. That was always my favorite look of his.

future_gohan_and_trunks_color_by_boscha196-d3ablnu.png

Buu Saga Vegeta with Majin and regular heads would be the first figure that I'd seriously consider buying two of. I hope if an Ultimate Gohan gets done that somehow either officially or unofficially we get the parts to make the Future, scarred, one-armed version. That was always my favorite look of his.

future_gohan_and_trunks_color_by_boscha196-d3ablnu.png
That could be done, but Gohan's facial structure looks fairly different, especially with the scar, compared to his main timeline counterpart. And there's the hair too. His Super Saiyan hair is also a little different too. But having that Gohan would be neat.

I'd love Future Gohan too but sadly he's a little bit too niche to be made. His most recognizable adult looks are Mystic & Saiyaman, so the chances of those 2 versions eventually being made are highly likely. Mystic/Ultimate is an extremely easy sell for Tamashii, just use the same mold as Goku, make a few alternate headswaps & they're done, and we'll eat it up no problem. Saiyaman is a little more complicated, but it's still unique enough to warrant a new mold & they'll still bank off it.

That could be done, but Gohan's facial structure looks fairly different, especially with the scar, compared to his main timeline counterpart. And there's the hair too. His Super Saiyan hair is also a little different too. But having that Gohan would be neat.

He could always be a con exclusive or something.

Just got my Datong Vegeta. Got here really quickly!

It looks pretty damn great. But it certainly feels like a cheap bootleg. Joints are garbage, particularly the shoulders, though the elbows are almost too tight. And the paint just isn't anywhere near Bandai quality. But hey, I'm happy, it's a cheap bootleg. :)

He could always be a con exclusive or something.

That's what I was thinking, I doubt he'd be a standard release but something like this screams Con Exclusive if/when they make the main timeline version.

Question: Android 17 say expected in September 2014 on some sites and October 2014 on others, when is he expect to actually hit? I considered going the Pre-Order route but I think I might wait until he hits Amazon to use Prime and get him with quicker shipping.

17 is september for Japan and Asian, October for America. Also, we go over this every year; unique figures as con exclusives is unfair to those that cant go, keep them as repaints.

17 is september for Japan and Asian, October for America. Also, we go over this every year; unique figures as con exclusives is unfair to those that cant go, keep them as repaints.

Which is why a Cooler figure would be ideal, because then we can get a metallic Metal Cooler SDCC exclusive repaint :hi5:

It looks pretty damn great. But it certainly feels like a cheap bootleg. Joints are garbage, particularly the shoulders, though the elbows are almost too tight. And the paint just isn't anywhere near Bandai quality. But hey, I'm happy, it's a cheap bootleg. :)

Waiting on my Datongs as well!

:confused:

I got 2 original SS Vegeta and a bootleg version (Datong) and the main differences are the paint aps, and heads, Just slightly better on the original
( slightly different paint colors and flat finished) but not much noticiable . Plastic and materials are the same on Both figures (even joints are equaly tighten)

In Fact, the Bootleg version has better and Tighten hip joints than the Scouter Vegeta..

Last edited:
:confused:

I got 2 original SS Vegeta and a bootleg version (Datong) and the main differences are the paint aps, and heads, Just slightly better on the original
( slightly different paint colors and flat finished) but not much noticiable . Plastic and materials are the same on Both figures (even joints are equaly tighten)

In Fact, the Bootleg version has better and Tighten hip joints than the Scouter Vegeta..

Just my feeling handling it. Not a fact :)

Mostly in the shoulders is where I feel some cheapness in materials and construction. I had a regular SS Vegeta and it was by no means figuarts strongest release, it did feel better than the datong. But I'm still liking it!

9A1D056E-7396-48BA-ADA8-FC69752D6DD8_zpshzpfdxjf.jpg

It's a small difference variant so I can see it happening. If you want, someone can always pick up and mail to you like other Tamashii exclusives.

Considering Tamashii's trend for repaints as Con exclusives (which I totally respect and prefer over UNIQUE figures which would be harder/more expensive to get)...it's at least likely to stay that way for the near future.

Next SDCC Tamashii exclusive will likely be a repaint as well.

Back