S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only other thing I could think of is that tamashii doesn't have the liscence to produce beyond a certain number of units. But if that'd be the case they could just say that instead of being vague about it.

The only other thing I could think of is that tamashii doesn't have the liscence to produce beyond a certain number of units. But if that'd be the case they could just say that instead of being vague about it.

It could be so many things, but I do think licensing has a lot to do with it. Bluefin operates in a lot of grey areas I think, being a japanese company with a direct US distributor.

I mever spoke about bluefin, bluefin's just an american distributer. I spoke about Tamashii Nations a japanese company under parentage of Bandai, if I'm not mistaken.

What that shows is how massive DBZ fandom is and how much demand there is for descent action figure representations of them.

And it's very annoying that tamashii refuses to truly engage that demand of not wanting to disproportionately produce one liscence.

I genuinely don't get that. The general market is nothing more than supply and demand. If the dbz fanbase is larger than say a megaman fanbase, than it's logical the production would run faster on dbz releases. Fans of whatever line just have to suck up majority ruling. Like I have to accept there's no full mass effect character line up, the demand hasn't been proven to be there enough apparently and so I suck it up. That's how the market works. Popularity decides demand and demand should guide supply if there's no practical barrier like say a shortage of recources or whatever.

I don't get why tamashii operates the way they do, I genuinely don't. It's economically insensible to me.

There's only one Megaman release this year, and the last release was a straight up repaint released last year. DBZ definitely get better treatment especially when there's 5 releases this year, with 3 more pending. The only lines which do better are Sailor Moon and Sentai and thus they get plenty of releases. Type 2 Zero and Metallic X regularly go up for nearly $200 on ebay as well.

I mever spoke about bluefin, bluefin's just an american distributer. I spoke about Tamashii Nations a japanese company under parentage of Bandai, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I know but they are all intermingled. Tamashii makes the stuff but without bluefin to distribute in NA would lose a huge market share or NA retailers would need to import themselves and charge higher prices and throw everything off. Tamashii is worried Broly won't sell at $68, imagine if Son Goku or Krilling was $60 MSRP? I don't know exactly how everything works, but bluefin and tamashii are married when it comes to NA, so their licensing to sell here and Japan's licensing to produce there can be different.

i'm telling you guys.. it's prolly some type of situation where the top executives at Tamashii all have to sign off on something awesome like Shenron or Goten/Trunks 2-pack, company rules state that every decision has to be unanimous, everybody agrees & gets along with each other but there's always that 1 ****** exec that's like

My Datong Vegeta/Trunks showed up today. Crazy that it got here from China in 7 days. I'm happy with it. Much happier than paying two or three hundred bucks on eBay for one. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight.

Nice! I look forward to the pics!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it and how much was it?

@Surl the decision making is not mixed up. Bluefin has informal influence im sure, delivering market research and advice etc. but tamashii is a japanese company and thy internally ultimately decide what to do and then bring that plan to the liscener with possibly bandai execs in between. So I'd bet crisis is right.

Whatever they base their decisions on, I find them insensible from a practical economic pov. They can rerel a web excluive like goku zero. They should explain how that dec came bout nd not a ssj vegeta rerel, for example.

Be open about that, that's mostly all I ask. Otherwise it borders on customer info-manipulation imo. Which Ive stated before.

You just have to be diligent and set ebay alerts and you can find good deals on these figures. Either people who don't want to gouge or more likely sell without really knowing the value, or maybe there is something small wrong with it. About a year ago when SS Vegeta was going for $120ish, I found one on TFW for $60 because it STANK of cigarette smoke. However, after a month of having it I got the stank out and it was good as new. I saw that someone listed an SS Vegeta at Buy it Now just the other day for like $100. It was gone in a minute, but it was there. I even just snagged about an hour ago a scouter vegeta for $65 shipped from some dude in England. 2 weeks ago I was about to sell someone my Trunks for $140. So better prices can be had. Everyone just has to ignore those ridiculously high buy it nows on ebay, even when it seems like there are none others on ebay. More will always pop up.

And this line is amazing. I've always liked DBZ, but never cared to collect any of the toys because I always thought they were terrible. As soon as I saw this line, I was in. Sure, improvements can be made here and there, but this is the definitive line of DBZ action figures. The only place to go from here is a future where my Goku shoots a real kamehameha and torches my house.

If you don't mind me asking what is TFW? I am trying to find deals on figures from any where possible and the more places I know about the better. Right now I am just sticking to the for sale here, the dragon ball figures boards, ebay, amazon and retailers is there other forums? I know all I've done on here is ask questions but I'm still kind of new to collecting the figures so every bit helps.

If you don't mind me asking what is TFW? I am trying to find deals on figures from any where possible and the more places I know about the better. Right now I am just sticking to the for sale here, the dragon ball figures boards, ebay, amazon and retailers is there other forums? I know all I've done on here is ask questions but I'm still kind of new to collecting the figures so every bit helps.

TFW = www.tfw2005.com Primarily a transformers forum but with a very active other toys section and free to buy/sell forum.

Oh I have a request! Can someone please post a picture of the Jacksdo Super Saiyan 3 Head for Goku? I want to see how it fits if you put it on original Super Saiyan Goku's body or the normal Goku's body. Thanks in advance :)

If it looks good, I'll just buy a Jacksdo SS3 head instead of a super expensive SS3 Goku. :)

null_zps2836b769.jpgsecuredownload.jpg

fyi the faces from the legit SSj3 Goku are swappable with the bootleg, which is why both photos faces look slightly different

Now I want a favor in return :naughty
Can someone tell me what figure this Dragon Radar belongs to?

goku2_zpsc88a3c31.jpg

Man, I need to buy a few regular goku's to replace to Gi's on ss goku and ss3 goku. The yellow just stinks. Orange is so much better.

c2.jpg

First thing's first, the joints on SDCC Vegeta are a lot tighter than the standard version, so happy they fixed the loose leg issue. Despite the "ugly" appearance, the paint apps are excellent, no chipping or any defects that I can tell. Only issue I have so far is that I can't seem to get his scouter to stay on, same problem I've had with the original release. I dunno man it just always slides off, lol. Maybe they should've made it like a little tiny hook for it instead. It's kinda annoying but I'll get it eventually. Overall I'm happy I purchased it, just knowing that this thing is gonna skyrocket in price a year from now. Should've done the same when SDCC Goku was first released, I've learned my lesson! :lol

Not a fan of the color scheme at all. However, Arlia Vegeta is still a unique curiosity of the DBZ universe, and I respect that. Hopefully next year's SDCC exclusive will be more desirable. If they were to release "pink shirt" Vegeta, I would most likely by that as well #dontjudgeme

Excellent pics havok! I think once mine arrives the energy blast pic is getting copied :p

I think tamashii were going for what the androids faces were initially; they didnt start truly showing emotions until Piccolos fight with #17, before that I dont think I remember them so much as smile.

Great pics! First ones that have made me want to buy the ground effect.

awesome shots man! :clap

Those are some great pics, Havok. And I have to agree with SurlyJ about the ground effect shot. The one you took through the hole in it is awesome as ****.

Very, very dope **** havoc. This **** should;'ve been in the show imo:
vqwwiqBl.jpg

Love bad guys walking and destroying at the same time.

Wow thats the best I've seen Android 18 look :clap I agree with everyone else, that picture framed by the rubble effect is brilliant!

Great poses you got there Havok, very unique! Gotta feeling impact effect sales will rise once Broly is released hehehe

Glorious! You set up that kick PERFECT! I can't believe she can achieve that pose so accurately o_o

This selfie pic is...I have almost no words......I'll just simply say amazing :) I love how you set it up with the camera angle just before it.

I'd say these remind us of the "art" in "Figuart" :D

Woah! Havok, you're pictures are incredible!
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate. It is cool to see that each of you liked a different picture lol, it makes me want to take even more pictures. Can't wait to have Android 17 and Broly, I've got a lot of ideas, it is going to be fun.

TFW = www.tfw2005.com Primarily a transformers forum but with a very active other toys section and free to buy/sell forum.

Thank you @SurlyJ I will keep a eye out on their for sale section.

Here is what I have so far in my hands a ss Goku a regular Vegeta two SDCC Vegetas. I am waiting for my piccolo, Krillin, and normal Goku to arrive. I have also preordered a Broly.

I haven't opened anything because I will be moving in about two weeks then I can set up a display and open them up. I also picked up the Naruto and Hikari Batman at SDCC.

SDCC Vegeta is back up on BBTS guys, $80... but it's there. For now. Think they only have a few.

Edit... nevermind. It was there 2 minutes ago. Now it's gone.

Haha, people are eating this thing up left & right. Broly is gonna set records fo sho

I think it's just because this is the cheapest option for ANY vegeta at the moment. But this exclusive is certainly starting off more popular than the last 3. Scared to think what they will be in 3 years... stock up now! lol

Back