S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched Super Android 13 again and I gotta say, I would WAY rather have a Super 13 come from Broly instead of Nappa... And it makes more sense, considering all of the Androids they have been releasing lately.

Time for a rant...

Man, I am very annoyed at these listings on ebay for SDCC at $500. It's ridiculous and bogus. If you look at completed listings, the last one that was a real auction with a bidding war, ended at about $250 shipped just 2 weeks ago. So I'm supposed to believe that suddenly the value just jumped to $500? No. Yes, there are two "SOLD" buy it nows since then for $500, but you never know for sure that anyone actually paid those prices. It happens with many collectibles that get rare that people will have their auctions "bought" by friends or some such to legitimize an absurd price.

What it looks like happened is that last month someone sold a lot of dbz figuarts that included sdcc goku, sdcc gohan, ss vegeta and someone else. It was a straight auction and bidding ended at around $500. But when you just glance at the listing, the first and main picture is of JUST sdcc goku. So it looks like someone paid $500 at auction for goku, when really it was for a big lot that was actually quite a good deal. So shortly after that, the first listing for Goku at $500 goes up, it "sells" and now everyone expects $500. I just missed out on one last night at the "normal" price of $225, but hesitated too long. Now I have to wait for someone with some damn sense to put up a normal listing again.

Please, no one actually pay $500 for these things. $200 is bad enough for one figure, we don't need to descend into total madness, particular when that isn't the consumer decided upon value that ebay is supposed to be built around.

Just watched Super Android 13 again and I gotta say, I would WAY rather have a Super 13 come from Broly instead of Nappa... And it makes more sense, considering all of the Androids they have been releasing lately.

Interesting you feel that way. I'm not a gigantic fan of Nappa but I like No.13 even less, super or not. I always found his movie boring and lame. The story was uninteresting and the fights weren't much fun in my opinion. The only cool part is when Goku absorbs the Spirit Bomb energy and destroys 13.

Even his design was never that interesting to me, I'd rather have a Final Form Cooler in terms of large movie characters. Normal form Cooler is also awesome, in fact they could do a Metal Cooler SDCC. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Interesting you feel that way. I'm not a gigantic fan of Nappa but I like No.13 even less, super or not. I always found his movie boring and lame. The story was uninteresting and the fights weren't much fun in my opinion. The only cool part is when Goku absorbs the Spirit Bomb energy and destroys 13.

Even his design was never that interesting to me, I'd rather have a Final Form Cooler in terms of large movie characters. Normal form Cooler is also awesome, in fact they could do a Metal Cooler SDCC. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I am all for 5th form cooler, but Nappa comes first!

Hi guys, I'm Michael and I'm new here. I've been looking through here on this topic for awhile now and thought I'd finally join the site.

Here's a picture of my current collection of the Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts line. I have Son Goku, SSJ Son Goku, the Jacksdo SSJ3 Head, my own custom painted Super Saiyan God Goku, SDCC Gohan with a base head I'm currently working on, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, sadly I lost his scouter, two of the Datong Vegetas (Made one head into Majin Vegeta.), Piccolo, and the Jacksdo Super Trunks head along with a bootleg base Trunks head I bought. It's the best I can do until I get cash to buy a real Trunks.

16lzksn.jpg

:welcome!

What a bummer that you lost the scouter man.:(:( AT least you have him crushing it still.

Seriously if Saiyan Vegeta didn't have QQC issues he'd be the best release so far imo, hands down.

manikdx, you must hate your wallet, dont ya? no sane man jumps into this line now a this moment :lol

he may not be everyon's favorite hero but in bed he's a total bad ass!

Spoiler Spoiler:

there's more but i don't wanna get another infriction :peace:

Concerning bidding wars & scalpers & absurd buy-it-now prices:

Personally speaking, anytime I sell an item on eBay, I always start the listing at .99 cents for 5 days with free shipping, no matter how rare or common it is. It's 100% fair that way; if the auction ends at $60 or $400 then so be it, you get what you're willing to pay for and no one will feel cheated. It's just too bad no one else takes this approach. It makes bidding more exciting and satisfying if you acquire a desired item at a fair price.

I've started quite a few rare videogame memorabilia auctions for cheap, sit back & watch them skyrocket on their own, and made a great profit. People are willing to spend how much they think they're worth, so scalping is pointless to me.

manikdx, you must hate your wallet, dont ya? no sane man jumps into this line now a this moment :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

No kidding, these guys have some of the most extreme mark ups I've seen.

Spoiler Spoiler:

you need a blog or a gallery. these are great :lol

Back