S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
z328yhvannt4pzngczfa.gif

https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g329/f_this1/Untitled.png

doesnt work dude

i remember sometime ago that someone posted pics of some place at tokyo, here's a video :O

Krillin X Godzilla

One day while training, Krillin encounters a beautiful woman named Lara Croft. Being a man, Krillin starts with a plan, but Godzilla seems to have the same idea!

(This is my second stop motion video attempt lol!) :D

Does anyone know exactly how many units Tamashii needs to sell of Broly in order to reconsider Nappa? I mean, do we even know which characters are selling more than others, or is it all just guesstimations? There should be like a chart of each individual released thus far, which was the highest grossing. Like was Android 18 considered a success thus far?

Does anyone know exactly how many units Tamashii needs to sell of Broly in order to reconsider Nappa? I mean, do we even know which characters are selling more than others, or is it all just guesstimations? There should be like a chart of each individual released thus far, which was the highest grossing. Like was Android 18 considered a success thus far?

Over 9000.

Ugh I'm sorry I just had to.

This would be a good question for people attending OTAKON next week to ask Bluefin/Tamashii in person at their booth.

I think all you're going to get is guesses and estimations, but the clear answer is...duh...Broly needs to turn a strong profit to put Nappa back on the table.

He is perhaps one of the most popular DBZ villains and is extremely popular in the West. Even in Japan where he's popular (and a slight gag) since he's constantly promoted and has shown up across DBZ promotions. He usually also stands out because he's the ONLY opposite, truly evil Super Saiyan to the Z-Fighters' good Saiyans. A raging, hulking Legendary Super Saiyan (he's got "the title" too) who really shows how brutal a SSJ can be when their powers are used for evil intent. He's the ONLY movie villain other than Cooler to show up in a sequel (and he topped Cooler by showing up in two sequels...though he's technically a clone in Bio-Broly). Broly's figure can carry heavy sales because well...all the reasons I mentioned, he's Broly.

Nappa on the other hand gives Bandai/Tamashii some pause. Big figure who is NOT Broly-popular requires a lot of tooling parts, molds, etc. They obviously already have some since they have a Nappa prototype but perhaps they feel that the potential sales just can't justify the costs. If I was to do it, I would want to make sure I could re-use some of Nappa's parts for future figure releases. Nappa isn't as marketable as Broly and that can hurt his sales.

Also, Bandai/Tamashii might want to focus their costs on guaranteed profitable characters...which has been the entire line direction so far..they haven't "hit" the minor characters just yet and the most obscure release is a strange variation on one of the most popular characters (anime first appearance Vegeta). They even have yet to hit variations on the major saga heroes and villains as well...which are almost guaranteed profits.

I think that for all intents and purposes, we need to pretend that Bio-Broly doesn't exist. I really do not want to watch that movie but it seems like such a slap in the face - the fact that he was so weak that Goten and Trunks were able to hold their own no problem. Additionally, Broly's appearance in the first two movies isn't that different, compared to Cooler.

That said, perhaps another reason for the lack of Nappa and Raditz is unlike other villains, they didn't quite appear that often compared to Broly with two-three movies. All of the main series villain's forms - bar perhaps Buu with Gotenks' vest and Gohan's orange gi- appear fairly often at worst. Raditz and Nappa do not appear nearly as much. Also, bear in mind we're just one part of the DBZ S.H. Figuarts buyers; there's a more casual crowd as well who just want the most iconic and well known characters and I know some people do not recall Raditz at all, Nappa too but to a lesser extent.

Good insight FSLAR and that's exactly the direction Bandai is going. It's going to be main & popular characters and their variations for a while. I would be surprised if Nappa pops up in the next year or two.

Yeah... unfortunately Nappa was the Shenron of last year.

What's interesting is that they didn't show off a concept only piece for the line this year. It probably was going to be Broly until they decided to actually release it.

Well... I'm weak. Just bought an SS3 Goku for $150. Figure the price will only continue to get worse. That just leaves a real SS Vegeta and SDCC goku to eventually get. May have a goku lined up, but I'll find out in the morning. Just want to buy all these expensive ones quickly, rip it off like a terrible bandaid and then forget I spent the money. That's an adult way of doing things, right? :)

So is there a GIF for "guy posting clown man seeks attention by making fun of someone else for seeking attention"? ;)

Back