S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah anime island does that too, which is nice of them. It also shows how vile our society is tbh; the government tells us a specific amount for gift values then goes ahead and charges on the items anyway just because they know the company, its absurd! Anyway, rant over, congrats man :lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@mortifactor my toyarena labels just say united states and their address there....

Honestly the whole tax thing is a hard pickle. Because of currency values. 40 USD isn't the same to an american as it is to a european, 40 dollars should be the sme to an american as 40 euros to a european, although that's not necessarily the case either. To us europeans everything is freaking cheap in America, so there's an unfairness to domestic competitors. However, I come down on the fact that import products are import products, and these are specialty products to boot – only one company in one country makes them. I'm not buying something that I could buy from a domestic manufacturer, and therefore morally I do not have an issue with sidestepping domestic suppliers.

Broly is ridiculously overrated, and non canon.

glad to see its not just me then :)

Someone on this board posted Tien customs before, here's one of the pics.
QKIifHo.jpg

awesome...

I would go with the android saga outfit I reckon... I think im just gonna have to do it... don't know wether to use Piccolo as a base or go for goku legs and Picollo chest?....

I never excpected chaotzu as a single release, he my even just be a figuart zero that comes with tien...anyway im off to see if anyone can help me to customise a figuart!

who was it who made that tien? - I need there HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

There's people that dislike him because of his lack of character depth & motives, there's people that like him because he's a Super Saiyan that's different than the others, there's people that hate him only because other people love him, and there's people that have neither love or hate him, just no opinion about him.

Me? I like Broly just as much as I like all the other DBZ characters. It doesn't bother me that Broly has a cult-like following, because DBZ in of itself has a cult-like following which is the reason why it's still relevant till this day.

There's people that dislike him because of his lack of character depth & motives, there's people that like him because he's a Super Saiyan that's different than the others, there's people that hate him only because other people love him, and there's people that have neither love or hate him, just no opinion about him.

Me? I like Broly just as much as I like all the other DBZ characters. It doesn't bother me that Broly has a cult-like following, because DBZ in of itself has a cult-like following which is the reason why it's still relevant till this day.

I don't understand what's there to follow?:lol There's nothing there, Broly barely is a character, at all. I get he has a cool appearance and he's strong...but that is it, there's nothing there to be such a fan off.:lol

There are flipping robots in this franchise that have more to them.

I think its the fact that he "became" the legendary ssj the Vegeta spoke of on Namek, thus he instantly had a lineage and backstory to his power and wasnt just another villain. They could put a face to the legend basically.

I like Brolys design, but not the character.

I don't see a character to like or dislike...:lol All I see is a big bloke who wants to kill ****rot because of the dumbest reason ever invented in villain backstories.

Are other people having trouble with Goku's effect piece? I just can't find a good liking way for him to hold it and the finger holes don't make a lick of sense to me.

Got my goku from Toy Arena today yaaaaay. I haven't looked at the effect yet but I did find that you have to use a lot more force to remove the face parts, feels like I'm gonna break it! Think the pegs are a different design than previous figures. Hope I don't snap anything!

The first couple of times the faces were really tight but after a few times they have lossened up, as for the effect part, I just ignored the finger hole parts and went with what looked best.

Yeah I just changed the faces a couple more times since my last post and like you said it has now loosened up. And had a go with the effect and that seems pretty cool but yeah just ignored the finger hole bit. Pretty happy with the figure though all in all!

glad to see its not just me then :)

awesome...

I would go with the android saga outfit I reckon... I think im just gonna have to do it... don't know wether to use Piccolo as a base or go for goku legs and Picollo chest?....

I never excpected chaotzu as a single release, he my even just be a figuart zero that comes with tien...anyway im off to see if anyone can help me to customise a figuart!

who was it who made that tien? - I need there HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi i made the tien. Here is the base i used for him.

although i do not recommend this as your first custom as its pretty hard. Also wait for goku and piccolo to get re issued. as you can see shave off ear tips and antennas. sculpt the shirt or torso depending which version you want then sculpt boots into his yellow socks.

Are other people having trouble with Goku's effect piece? I just can't find a good liking way for him to hold it and the finger holes don't make a lick of sense to me.

Dude not only do I have trouble posing him with the Kamehameha, but with most if not all of the other figures I find it very difficult to get that near-perfect pose that we see them displayed in the Tamashii booths. No matter what I do or how accurate I try to make them, they just always look off. :dunno

about Broly, I guess it's just like when a non-fan just can't understand why we like DBZ so much. "its just a cartoon about meatheads fighting each other over & over, what's so compelling about that? I don't see the appeal at all." Some people will never understand, and that's okay. Different people like different things, people love Broly because he's Broly, that's it. To each their own ;)

I don't understand what's there to follow?:lol There's nothing there, Broly barely is a character, at all. I get he has a cool appearance and he's strong...but that is it, there's nothing there to be such a fan off.:lol

There are flipping robots in this franchise that have more to them.

There are Frieza henchmen on Namek that had more personality than Broly :lol

Hi i made the tien. Here is the base i used for him.

although i do not recommend this as your first custom as its pretty hard. Also wait for goku and piccolo to get re issued. as you can see shave off ear tips and antennas. sculpt the shirt or torso depending which version you want then sculpt boots into his yellow socks.

dude you rule!...

strictly speaking it wouldn't be my first custom, so I am up for a challenge... the only thing I see as a problem is removing and joining the lower legs of the two figures and taking the arm plugs out....

if you can give me any advice on that I would be grateful, either here or by PM. THANKS

Dude not only do I have trouble posing him with the Kamehameha, but with most if not all of the other figures I find it very difficult to get that near-perfect pose that we see them displayed in the Tamashii booths. No matter what I do or how accurate I try to make them, they just always look off. :dunno

about Broly, I guess it's just like when a non-fan just can't understand why we like DBZ so much. "its just a cartoon about meatheads fighting each other over & over, what's so compelling about that? I don't see the appeal at all." Some people will never understand, and that's okay. Different people like different things, people love Broly because he's Broly, that's it. To each their own ;)
My problem exactly. I've said it before, and I will say and mean it again: Goku's mould is the worst mould out of all moulds made... and they used him 4 times now. It remains a facepalm thing to me and it remains something I'm discontent with. His mould is the oldest less perfected one, this regular goku is probably the most bittersweet collectible I've ever bought. Though my biggest problem articulation wise is across the board: not enough ankle pivot upward, you can't stand them with fully bent legs, they fall backward because the feet can't go in enough. Annoys me a lot.

I don't think the DBZ thing compares, that's just simplifying the matter to the convenience of hating. Broly barely has any substance at all, nor any relevance. He's not even from the series. His following is bizarre. It's people hyping each other up over something that looks cool to them and now it's just settled in a part of the fanbase's consciousness. Inception style.
There are Frieza henchmen on Namek that had more personality than Broly :lol

Bingo.

Like, Zarbon > Broly.:lol

Back