S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, apologies Silrian, I must have missed that interview :lol

Would you mind linking it? Or is it the toyfair interview? If it is I must have glazed over it :lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Too much work for me looking for my own quote at the time but I did state it when somebody posted this, including the time point. I already said then that that sentence was a big reveal.

It was from this interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4tLpzVIZw

He at one point clearly states they have NEVER EVER FOR ANYTHING released a web exclusive OF ANY KIND by ANY MEANS, and whether they can at all, possibly via strategic tinkering, is still an internal debate.

EDIT: OH OH OH at 17:20 he speaks shortly about expanding the DB lines and he states he clearly sees expansion for DBZ BEYOND SHF and Zero! This could mean option packages!!!!! Totally missed that first time around.

Seriously this interview golden, he gives a way a LOT.

EDIT2: At 18:18 he speaks about web exclusives in general! So that's where it's at Big D. Well he used the word discussion instead of debate but that's synonymous.

Out of curiousity how many ppl here dont have ssj vegeta?

I don't have him. My brother and I actually just started collecting this line about a month ago. Started with Krillin, and then got regular Vegeta. We just got Frieza yesterday. We have Goku, SSJ Goku, and Piccolo preordered. We picked a pretty good time to jump in!

Man, I must have REALLY glazed over that interview, thats the one I watched a while back but dont remember any of what he said there, my bad! :lol

Thanks for the info silrian

This just popped up on Amazon for $53, "Da Tong Super Saiyan SHF S.H. FIGUARTS Action Figure Vegeta with Trunks head dragon ball z":

https://www.amazon.com/Saiyan-FIGUA...4907851&sr=8-21&keywords=figuarts+dragon+ball

81MDL8Y42SL._SL1500_.jpg

81nOrs8eACL._SL1500_.jpg

814l0yV3eQL._SL1500_.jpg

91V47Y7VjXL._SL1500_.jpg

615OhvbGXdL._SL1500_.jpg

61okgKn3kjL._SL1500_.jpg

61cv1q7HBhL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that Vegeta doesn't look that bad, actually. I kinda hated the original coloring of SHF Vegeta because it sorta looked like someone dipped him in shiny orange paint and this was the case with both of my ss Vegeta figures.

To those wanting to know where to get the trunks head, I would recommend NOT using taobao; after finally getting through checkout and patiently waiting, I have been told they dont ship to foreign countries -_-

Lcm models has the head and folded arms up for preorder for $22 free shipping, a bit more expensive bur I think its still worth it for a custom head and another set of folded arms.

22 free shipping? doesn't seem like a bad deal, I might try it... is it compatible with other bodies?

They had a pic of the head on the trunks body. It will obviously fit figuarts bodies, but the large hair that head has may limit movement on bodies other than the vegeta one

I have one of pretty much everyone except for SS Vegeta. I don't have anime color'ed goku but I don't really need him since I have a regular rerelease version.

I have the anime colored versions of Gohan and Piccolo, Trunks, Scouter Vegeta, Cell, Frieza, Krillian, SS3 Goku and SS Goku. Its annoying not to have SS Vegeta since hes my favorite character but I'm not paying 200 for him off ebay. I'm just wondering how much his price will be inflated from SDCC. I originally wanted 2 so I could swap the head out with a normal head and have that look but that's probably not going to happen now.

I don't have a SSJ Vegeta either. Yeah Sephiroph, I would like to as well, but if they're going to be more expensive because of SDCC I might only be able to get one. I'm have my heart set on it and I wish I didn't, but I'm too psyched. I'll crush a scouter if it doesn't happen.

We just have to hope amazon doesnt concentrate on PR this year again; sdcc excess usually gets bought up by amazon, but last year they left piccolo alone to get the samurai figuarts and mmpr figuarts.

I got SSJ Vegeta recently since I'm thankfully able to afford them all and wanted to get all the Tamashii releases for this line. The only one I'm missing is SSJ Gohan Manga release, and I'm still debating whether I should wait for a reissue, or just buy him now. Odds are at this rate there won't be a reissue since he was released back then I believe late 2010, and has only seen a SDCC exclusive "reissue", if you want to see it that way.

Edit: Did the Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan manga versions come with a brown tamashii box like the other figures? Also, did the SDCC exclusives come with a brown tamashii box too?

He technically could be reissued, unlike Vegeta he isnt a web exclusive, so his rerelease sits purely on demand.

Ah yeah, as I've been reading around it seems there's high demand for the figure line itself, so I'm sitting on a 50/50 chance. :D

When Amazon had the SDCC Gohan, how fast did they have it up? If it comes up on Big Bad Toy Store first, I'm going to buy it ASAP to make sure I have it, but would rather buy for the cheaper Amazon price.

When Amazon had the SDCC Gohan, how fast did they have it up? If it comes up on Big Bad Toy Store first, I'm going to buy it ASAP to make sure I have it, but would rather buy for the cheaper Amazon price.

I believe it took several weeks for amazon to finally put it up. Definitiely after BBTS IIRC

I do, but that is just because I was lucky enough to find out about this line shortly before he was released. I picked him up pretty close to the original release date.

BTW,
does anyone have a list of all the U.S. release dates of the DBZ figuarts figures (ex. when amazon first started shipping them?). I am trying to get an idea of the frequency/ duration between releases and how they have changed over the years.

Back