S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the release order for all of the Figuarts so far? I know Goku was first.

What's the release order for all of the Figuarts so far? I know Goku was first.
Goku was not first.

The order goes something like this (anyone feel free to correct me if you see errors, the SDCC exclusives confuse me)

1. Piccolo
  2. SSj Goku
  3. Gohan
  4. SDCC SSj Goku
  5. SSj Vegeta
  6. SDCC Gohan
  7. Trunks
  8. SSj3 Goku
  9. Perfect Cell
  10. Scouter Vegeta
  11. Frieza
  12. SDCC Piccolo
  13. Krilian

Say guys, I've been looking at this old Nappa picture from the NYCC and something bothers me about his articulation.

NYCC12-SH-Figuarts-DBZ-009_1349980449.jpg

His pelvic region looks too restrictive to get any good flexibility out of his legs.

Unfortunately that seems to be a theme with the figuarts that I hoped would change with later releases. Some really dynamic range of motion with the legs is something I've wanted for all my figures especially DBZ, and I would be disappointed if they didn't improve on this for the rest of the figures.

Oh he wasn't? That's weird. I had a theory that if Goku, Gohan and Piccolo were first and that they went with that for SDCC releases, then we'd get Vegeta for SDCC.

Oh well. Why did Piccolo come out first...?

Oh he wasn't? That's weird. I had a theory that if Goku, Gohan and Piccolo were first and that they went with that for SDCC releases, then we'd get Vegeta for SDCC.

Oh well. Why did Piccolo come out first...?

Marketing, DBZ isn't that popular in Japan as it is in the west (go figure) They wanted to stretch the line as much as possible by reserving SSj Goku for later, in hopes of encouraging support for the line.

If SSj Goku was released first, the line would have died right then because many would have been satisfied with just him and wouldn't care about any other release. (mind you this was before they knew about any demand in the west for these)

Their strategy worked, because they were able to release Gohan before the line died. That release never would've happened if Goku was first, nor would the line have been resurrected either, were it not for that awkward tactic.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Optics.

I didn't see him on ebay (despite hours of searching) But I did find him on TaoBao (a Chinese amazon like online marketplace) But they don't ship internationally, It's a real shame because he's only $25 shipped (if you live in China)

There are middle-man services that will send him to you, but once the service fee is paid + international shipping, it adds up to...guess what...40-50 USD depending on what shipping service you pay for.

Thanks for this, my cousin will buy the rest of the official figures once he get's "any" SSj Vegeta

Last edited:
Anyone here have the black stands? The act stages, but in black?
What material are they made from, is it different from the clear stands?

I ask because the clear ones are acrylic, I hate acrylic because it's very brittle, I need some stands that are more flexible and can support weight a bit more. So I'm hoping that the black stands are made of something that compresses better like PVC or something like it.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but SHF SS Vegeta for $42 shipped. Chinese version, but it definitely looks legit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/China-Ver-S-...e/151204673953

that looks just like the bootleg version a few pages back...same box, same writings and everything. I'm pretty sure Toei did not commission a Chinese company to come out with Chinese versions of their Figuarts DBZ line.

I know it's the bootleg, that's the one I've been trying to find.

The real one has white tips on his hair, this one doesn't. If the price didn't confirm it already, those little details I posted earlier would say it's the fake. The all Chinese box was the first give away.

Like I said earlier, if my cousin can get any SSj Vegeta, he'll get the rest of the official line.

I just want SSj Vegeta since I couldn't get the real one due to being unemployed at the time. (Disclaimer, I WILL still get the real one should it be re-issued.)

Back on the stands:

Has anyone tried Obitsu???
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002T3TXEK/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=[/ame]

Is the quality comparable to Tamashii act stands?

Last edited:
that looks just like the bootleg version a few pages back...same box, same writings and everything. I'm pretty sure Toei did not commission a Chinese company to come out with Chinese versions of their Figuarts DBZ line.

I know it's the bootleg, that's the one I've been trying to find.

The real one has white tips on his hair, this one doesn't. If the price didn't confirm it already, those little details I posted earlier would say it's the fake. The all Chinese box was the first give away.

I guess it could be a bootleg, just a really good one like those NECA TMNT figures. As far as comparing colors from two different pictures, they'd need to be under the same lighting and be sure one was not enhanced through filters or whatever through photoshop like one of those appears to be. Paint application will not always be the exact same as the others. Just looking at my 2 Vegetas, ones shoulder pad is just a bit lighter than the other. There are even reports of MMPR Pink Ranger have two different tones of pink for some people.

I guess it could be a bootleg

It is, dude....white toes, spray shading along the sides of his face, yellow tips on his hair, dull yellow hair, only Chinese written on the box, low price, no BANDAI logo.
Here is a new one, look at where his armor chest plate meets the blue tights near his neck...see it...paint bleeding! Tamashii doesn't allow paint bleeds that bad :/
$_57.JPG

Compare to the real one (below)
$_57.JPG

damn, I didn't think this would be an issue, I thought the differences were as obvious to everyone as they are to me. But if we have to cross reference and compare every image for people on THIS forum, we and Tamashii might have a serious problem on our hands.

Last edited:
Now please, lets talk about the stands :(

What are the black ones made of???
Has anyone heard of Obitsu, and if so, how comparable are they to Bandai Act stands

Last edited:
It is, dude....white toes, spray shading along the sides of his face, yellow tips on his hair, dull yellow hair, only Chinese written on the box, low price, no BANDAI logo.
$_57.JPG

Compare to the real one (below)
$_57.JPG

Here is a new one, look at where his armor chest plate meets the blue tights near his neck...see it...paint bleeding! Tamashii doesn't allow paint bleeds that bad :/

damn, I didn't think this would be an issue, I thought the differences were as obvious to everyone as they are to me. But if we have to cross reference and compare every image for people on THIS forum, we and Tamashii might have a serious problem on our hands.

At least the seller is not trying to pass it off as the authentic, he says "Chinese Version" in his listing which should be pretty clear that it's not the official release. Plus he's not charging $200+ for them trying to pass it off as the real thing.

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

Back