S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, chinese version does not make it clear to new people. Many import figures havendifferent version alluded to via country. The only clear thing would be a massive 'fake' watermark. This **** angers me, I tell you people will get duped by this. Maybe only newbies, but somehow I find that even worse.

I hope tamashii shuts them down as soon as possible, but they might not be able too. If it the chinese spelling is different (whch we wouldnt know) they might circumvent it. Like that bull***** spaderman stuff.

Ugh, all of this makes me cringe, it's effed up.

Goku was not first.

The order goes something like this (anyone feel free to correct me if you see errors, the SDCC exclusives confuse me)

1. Piccolo
  2. SSj Goku
  3. Gohan
  4. SDCC SSj Goku
  5. SSj Vegeta
  6. SDCC Gohan
  7. Trunks
  8. SSj3 Goku
  9. Perfect Cell
  10. Scouter Vegeta
  11. Frieza
  12. SDCC Piccolo
  13. Krilian

Piccolo-Nov 2009

SSJ Goku-Jan 2010

SSJ/2 Gohan-July 2010

SDCC SSJ Goku-June 2011 (EX)

SSJ Vegeta-Dec 2011

Piccolo-rerelease April 2012

SSJ3 Goku-March 2012

SSJ/Future Trunks-May 2012

SDCC SSJ/2 Gohan-July 2012 (EX)

Perfect Cell- Nov 2012

SSJ Goku-rerelease April 2013

Vegeta Scouter-May 2013

Final Form Frieza-June 2013

SDCC Piccolo-July 2013 (EX)

Krillin-October 2013

Normal Goku-March 2014

No, chinese version does not make it clear to new people. Many import figures havendifferent version alluded to via country. The only clear thing would be a massive 'fake' watermark. This **** angers me, I tell you people will get duped by this. Maybe only newbies, but somehow I find that even worse.

It has 29 people watching it last I checked, I'm betting those are people trying to compare pics to see if it's real. (a few could be people wrestling with their morals about whether they find it ethical to order a fake)

I ordered one already (sorry, but you all know already where I stand on this, and my reasons), I can fix the white paint bleeding, and I like this ones hair better than the real because it matches SSj Goku and Gohan more. (again, still getting the real one should they re-issue it)

<types up the correct release order of figures>
thanks FanAtticus, I knew I had some mixed up :) but I didn't have time to look them up.

Last edited:
Now, stands. Can someone give me comparision of the sturdiness or brittleness of Black verses Clear, and if Obitsu is a good alternative to Bandai stands.

Someone throw me a bone here, any kind of bone just something. :(

Last edited:
I just looked it up, They are using the exact word "Vegeta" in Chinese.

Thanks to web translators ;)
You can compare it to the box
Here:

贝吉塔

^^^If you don't have international fonts, the above text may not display correctly.

Last edited:
Anyone here have the black stands? The act stages, but in black?
What material are they made from, is it different from the clear stands?

I ask because the clear ones are acrylic, I hate acrylic because it's very brittle, I need some stands that are more flexible and can support weight a bit more. So I'm hoping that the black stands are made of something that compresses better like PVC or something like it.

no difference

I guess it could be a bootleg, just a really good one like those NECA TMNT figures. As far as comparing colors from two different pictures, they'd need to be under the same lighting and be sure one was not enhanced through filters or whatever through photoshop like one of those appears to be. Paint application will not always be the exact same as the others. Just looking at my 2 Vegetas, ones shoulder pad is just a bit lighter than the other. There are even reports of MMPR Pink Ranger have two different tones of pink for some people.

yeah, like mine. lower body has more of a candy pink tone

1402213_809344525758793_1195508558_o_zpsffc8d466.jpg

Say guys, I've been looking at this old Nappa picture from the NYCC and something bothers me about his articulation.

NYCC12-SH-Figuarts-DBZ-009_1349980449.jpg

His pelvic region looks too restrictive to get any good flexibility out of his legs.

Unfortunately that seems to be a theme with the figuarts that I hoped would change with later releases. Some really dynamic range of motion with the legs is something I've wanted for all my figures especially DBZ, and I would be disappointed if they didn't improve on this for the rest of the figures.

Anyone here have the black stands? The act stages, but in black?
What material are they made from, is it different from the clear stands?

I ask because the clear ones are acrylic, I hate acrylic because it's very brittle, I need some stands that are more flexible and can support weight a bit more. So I'm hoping that the black stands are made of something that compresses better like PVC or something like it.

I guess it could be a bootleg, just a really good one like those NECA TMNT figures. As far as comparing colors from two different pictures, they'd need to be under the same lighting and be sure one was not enhanced through filters or whatever through photoshop like one of those appears to be. Paint application will not always be the exact same as the others. Just looking at my 2 Vegetas, ones shoulder pad is just a bit lighter than the other. There are even reports of MMPR Pink Ranger have two different tones of pink for some people.

I hope tamashii shuts them down as soon as possible, but they might not be able too. If it the chinese spelling is different (whch we wouldnt know) they might circumvent it. Like that bull***** spaderman stuff.

tumblr_inline_mr60303Yh51qz4rgp.gif

btw, i love your rampaging frieza!

It has 29 people watching it last I checked, I'm betting those are people trying to compare pics to see if it's real.

it also says he has 7 sold in the last 24 hours. He also seems to be raising the prices. He first had it listed at $32 shipped, now crept it up to $42...

Think he may be doing a test run to see how good these sell. I messaged him about authenticity and this is what he said

"It is about 80% of the original one but it is china ver., not by bandai.

Thanks!!!"

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how the Irwin figures compare scale-wise to sh figuarts? Specifically Fat buu if that makes a difference. Also the same with the HSCF figures

Last edited:
So this guy has from what I've seen, all of the Figuarts in this line besides SDCC Piccolo and Krillin. He has an extra SSJ Vegeta with the normal Vegeta head

https://www.ebay.com/sch/k-mullen/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He has an SDCC Gohan brand new for an auction, and apparently has two others. I bought one of them for about $70 on an offer (with free shipping), so if he has any others not in auctions, I recommend anyone goes for them. Reasonable guy with decent communication, I'll let people know the condition of my Gohan (the box mostly) and all. He has some used Play Arts figures too.

it also says he has 7 sold in the last 24 hours. He also seems to be raising the prices. He first had it listed at $32 shipped, now crept it up to $42...
I really wish I knew about these sooner, I could have had a lower price. :(

Don't know much about the obitsu stands but here's a vid from yummypixels involving it(she starts talking about it around 6:30):
https://youtu.be/s06_9v3nPCc
I love YummyPixles :thud:

Great post, thanks Agalopez. :)
Does anyone know how the Irwin figures compare scale-wise to sh figuarts? Specifically Fat buu if that makes a difference. Also the same with the HSCF figures
Irwin (I think they bacame jakks by the time they made buu saga characters) are much smaller than the figuarts, I'd say that they are on a 4 to 4.5 inch scale while figuarts are on a 5.5 inch scale (sorry for the american units)

Fat Buu maybe passable because his height is the same as the Banpresto:
jj06.jpg

for reference:
1478987_560448077367073_1364272197_n.jpg

Irwin (I think they became Jakks by the time they made Buu saga characters) are much smaller than the figuarts, I'd say that they are on a 4 to 4.5 inch scale while figuarts are on a 5.5 inch scale (sorry for the American units)

Nope! Irwin Toys made DBZ figures up to the Majin Buu Saga, at which point Jakks Pacific took over the franchise. A sad day for all Dragonball Z collectors indeed! Although they did release Irwin's King Cold and Mecha-Frieza prototypes, so didn't completely waste their license.
Iriwn Fat Buu is much better than the Scultures. Also, he's much cheaper too!

American units are fine! I live in the USA anyway! So in the first picture with the 2 fat buus, is the Irwin one the one on the left and banpresto on the right? Thanks for your help Philosopher! After seeing the banpresto one I think I might get that instead! Thanks again!

American units are fine! I live in the USA anyway! So in the first picture with the 2 fat buus, is the Irwin one the one on the left and banpresto on the right? Thanks for your help Philosopher! After seeing the banpresto one I think I might get that instead! Thanks again!
Yes that's correct Banpresto on the right side

Mind you it's just a statue though, no points of articulation (not that the Irwin one is very flexible either, but at least it can move it's arms)

Just depends on what you value more in a Buu figure, accuracy or articulation (however limited it may be)

Happy to help :)

Last edited:
Realistically I would imagine there is not much articulation available in a majin buu figure. I think I will get Irwin though in the interest of cost alone! Glad he'll fit in with sh figuarts then

Back