S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you need a knockoff to see how Tamashii should re-release Vegeta. Easy money for them, they're blind if they don't already realise this. They're either prepared to, and then he's probably already planned. Or they won't ever, no matter what happens. I can't see knockoffs making the push here tbh...

In fact, as I already said, the knockoffs will remain. Vegeta might get a re-release, but afterward he will rise in price again. I think Re-rel Goku is already slightly rising in price again. Supply won't ever reach demand, even solely because some people don't want or can't afford Figuarts prices.

As long as people buy knockoffs, for whatever f@ckin reason, they're here to stay, it's that simple. And I for one will loathe seeing any of 'm amongst real figuarts. You insult your own collection with them. You insult the manufacterer as Killian stated, and above all you increase the risk of people, real collectors, being scammed. To boot, if knockoffs are good enough for you, why bother buying the real thing at all?:s Why spend that money? I don't get it. Buying something is about owning something that's real, as a kid you just want stuff to play with, who cares what it is? But as an adult collector I for one can't 'kid' myself like that.

Whatev's dawgs, I'm shutting up about it, my point is made.

In many cases, the knockoff get over the original. But in other collections the knockoffs complete your collection as collector because bandai didn´t released this figure or the knockoff help to make the original better than before.

You can see this happen in Saint Seiya Myth Cloth, i think they can live togethers, orignal and knockoffs, but you have to know it that you bought. I think that company is the same that do Saint Seiya myth cloth EX knockoff.

I know exist scammers, but this knockoff will be sold like knockoff not as original, but ever exist one that try to scam others.

All my respect I only try to discuss, not offend you

I hope you can understand me, I´m studying english and I can have some mistakes

:)

Bit off topic..

But does anyone know if there's a good quality SS4 Goku statue/figure?

(Don't know what everyone else thinks but I really like the SS4 design so to me it's a shame they didn't continue with it..)

Anyway, I've noticed Banpresto have good Vegeta and Gogeta statues but no Goku?

Gogeta
samurai-toyz.ocnk.net/data/samurai-toyz/product/20121023_80f5e8.JPG

(Can't post it as a link 'til I have 5 posts..)

I wasn't offended FanAtticus and for the record, my statements were meant generally on the subject, not particularly to you or anyone else.

I don't want to press the subject any further, if people feel they have valid reasons to buy knockoffs than so be it. And I get it much more when it concerns characters that haven't been released at all. All said and done, I'm sticking solely to whatever gets an official releases.

Yeah, I agree on the whole bootleg thing too, but these things popping up is 100% tamashiis fault; they need to start rereleasing figures and soon, before demand for bootlegs gets higher and we start seeing copies that you cant tell the difference with, then we will be in trouble.
Second this entirely, this is the one and only sign.
On the other hand, I think this is nice. For some people(like me) its not about what value it has publicly or morally but rather intrinsically; had I not already purchased SSJVegeta, I would have easily considered this once internet knowledge let me know of its durability.
I love Dragonball and this figure would see more stop-motion animation out of the box rather than display anyway! So its useful to have if someone puts the work into a quality knockoff. Think of it this way: Yes the profit and push for figures gets diverted somewhat, but Tamashii will see this eventually. Bandai don't go down easy :lol

Bit off topic..

But does anyone know if there's a good quality SS4 Goku statue/figure?

(Don't know what everyone else thinks but I really like the SS4 design so to me it's a shame they didn't continue with it..)

Anyway, I've noticed Banpresto have good Vegeta and Gogeta statues but no Goku?

Gogeta
samurai-toyz.ocnk.net/data/samurai-toyz/product/20121023_80f5e8.JPG

(Can't post it as a link 'til I have 5 posts..)
You're better off asking this at https://www.dragonballfigures.boards.net mate. From the top of my head, articulated wise, I can think of the hybrid version, jakks, or the ultimate(?) collection ones. Statues wise I have no clue.

Hey guys, first post, really appreciating the valuable info in this thread as I'm new to the S.H. Figurarts line. I first picked up a SS Goku in a duty free in Japan earlier this year and been hooked since. Just ordered my SDCC Piccolo from bluefin for $60 shipped thanks to somebody posting the info here!

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

I have mixed opinions I would buy knock off personally for customs. I personally would buy it and display it with my collection as is. The only knock off I wouldn't mind seeing is a ss vegeta or sdcc goku because there prices are effin crazy and not everyone can buy it. so if the boot leg will finish their collection im no one to judge.

don't do it guyzzz, seriously

knockoff_zps522bb09d.png

Thing though is do they mark that price on the package? Because if they do I'll get flagged for customs taxes and the price will go up rapidly.

don't do it guyzzz, seriously

knockoff_zps522bb09d.png

Lol, this fits too well beneath this:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVdEINfm7H4[/ame]

Last edited:
Hey guys, first post, really appreciating the valuable info in this thread as I'm new to the S.H. Figurarts line. I first picked up a SS Goku in a duty free in Japan earlier this year and been hooked since. Just ordered my SDCC Piccolo from bluefin for $60 shipped thanks to somebody posting the info here!

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

whats the link i need him asap please

I have mixed opinions I would buy knock off personally for customs. I personally would buy it and display it with my collection as is. The only knock off I wouldn't mind seeing is a ss vegeta or sdcc goku because there prices are effin crazy and not everyone can buy it. so if the boot leg will finish their collection im no one to judge.
I don't see the point of a SDCC Goku bootleg since his appeal is the paint job, which would be shoddy. SSJ Vegeta I agree with. Truth be told I don't think that Vegeta bootleg posted was half bad, it's just the head sculpt looks awful.

Hey guys,

Just did some catching up on this thread. (I usually post in the Aliens/Robots forum).

Yeah I'm just gonna send them our poll today. I don't want to wait any longer. We'll see if I get a response. I'll keep you in the loop. :)

Thanks pwnstar!

FSLAR, I think the problem we are having is that these bootlegs, or at least what was shown of Vegeta a few pages back, are extremely high quality, both in plastic and paint apps, meaning not only will tamashii lose money on them, but as Silrian said, theres a chance some evil people will just stick them in real boxes and sell them at ridiculous prices. The knock offs that are coming are the kind I have always hated, because they can trick you, unlike the ones seen before.

Back