S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not SHF related, but for those who have yet to own and DBZ videos, Amazon has all the DBZ DVD (Yup, DVDs) on sale for roughly $14.50 each. Totaling over $130 before tax.

Movies are also on sale. Movie pack 10-13 is actually on sale for $7.50

I've read that this wasn't the original dub, which is disappointing.

I want to relive these moments:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJahzmmugNo[/ame]

Not the Kai ones:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0I7EUrXPak[/ame]

I really am anxious to purchase him.
Being that he has the 'new' Figuarts body and is unhindered in articulation (coughcough Trunks), he could likely be the best poseable figure in the entire line!

Yeah that new body with the ab crunch/swivel and the knee joint that wasn't on Goku looks great . I was hoping normal Goku was gonna have that new body .....

i decided to sell some of my shfiguarts dbz. let me know if someone is interested. just pm me. i don't want to let go if these stuffs but will try to fund for 1/4 batman. tc all!

Damn Optics, thx for posting that. Watched Kai a couple of months ago, but the original dub is way better. Funny that I still remember it like that all those years ago, the old voices resonate better with me. Man it has to be atleast 15 years back since I saw that on TV.

If I ever rewatch DBZ I am watching the old ones. Old dub > higher res

I just decided to buy Volumes 5-7 Dragon boxes yesterday, because they are the only ones available and I heard they were much better. Hopefully that's the case, because I could buy almost all these seasons for the price of the 3 Dragon boxes. I didn't know if I should, because I'm probably going to sell them when the Buu saga Kai Blu Rays come out. Being that they're cheaper, I would probably keep the Orange bricks. I don't know if I'm going to be disappointed not seeing my all time favorite Dragon Ball Z scenes without the music and Funimation dub. Those scenes being with Majin Vegeta. The regular Dragon Ball dvds look great, but people act like the Orange Dvds are an abomination to mankind. I highly doubt they're bad, and being that I watched the episodes on youtube, a lot of times on my ipod, I'm not picky. I care mostly about story and characters. I've been buying the black and white Marvel Essentials for years, and hearing how awful they were being on low quality paper and colorless, but they didn't bug me then, so I probably shouldn't worry about others. Oh well! At least I'll know and can let others know if they're worth the price!

Last edited:
Wow Kai really did ruin some of the old DBZ moments, if not only because of the lame *** soundtrack. Seriously. I'm pretty sure the dub didn't have that entire thing with Trunks because of him vomiting blood. I really wish Kai had the old soundtrack though, or at least Falcouner did some new tracks. Along with Gohan's new VA at times, the audio for Kai is overall pretty bad.

^ It'd be so awesome if a DBZ dub had Enigma TNG's remixes. I don't understand the point of the western dub using the japanese music. If you want the original experience, then just watch the original Japanese dub. They really should've kept the full western experience intact since it exists and is preferred by most westerners anyway.

I wish I had more time, otherwise I'd seriously make at least the cool moments with Kai visuals and the the old western dub (I'd use Ocean/Funimation according to how it switched during Namek). Seems quite doable to cut and layer over each other.

Yup, japanese music only goes with japanese voices lol, english voices just sound too serious fornthe corny japanese music kai used.

Kai should've used this. :lol
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSL5elkyFpk[/ame]
(This guy's actually directly helped out by one of the original composers.)

EDIT: Or one of the most badass themes from the Funi dub imo.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQAULthTBvA[/ame]

I know some people are totally into watching an anime with the original Japanese voices and music, but I grew up with the Falconer music and original Dub voices. Anything else is not DBZ to me,

Yup, japanese music only goes with japanese voices lol, english voices just sound too serious fornthe corny japanese music kai used.

I prefer eng dub with japanese music. Thats what I grew up with. Have you seen the early DBZ movies where they used US rock music like Disturbed's Down with the Sickness? It was terrible, their voices were drowned by the music.

IDR which movie had Disturbed, but here is a different example:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsoQi6asl7k[/ame]

It was the cooler film, it used ****ing Change underneath the transformation, super cliche, didn't like it either. I never liked any of the films but I re-watched Cooler's recently to check on it and the music made it feel like a ****ing amv.:lol Band music rarely is descent filmscoring as far as I'm concerned. Indie flicks excluded.

I still don't get how you can like english voices underneath the japanese music, I really don't. It just doesn't match. Japan's tone is more comical and that's the original version. Less dramatised. Western dub made it much more serious to make it fit with how they treated superhero material in the nineties and the acting and score went hand in hand. Detaching one and mixing it with the other, I just do't see the point. Just watch the original Kai. It'd be like Power Rangers but with the Super Sentai tone and music, it's like, what? Why would you do that? Just watch Power Rangers or Super Sentai.

Granted if I'd only known the japanese tone of DBZ I probably wouldn't be much of a fan of it anyway.

^^I agree; I saw several of the movies and the music was total crap. But then again, for the most part the stories were also crap.

I prefer eng dub with japanese music. Thats what I grew up with. Have you seen the early DBZ movies where they used US rock music like Disturbed's Down with the Sickness? It was terrible, their voices were drowned by the music.

IDR which movie had Disturbed, but here is a different example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsoQi6asl7k

That isnt the same as the music used in the movies, I totally agree the heavy rock doesnt fit, but the actual shows music by Bruce Falconer was amazing imo; gave me goosebumps when themes like Vegeta going ssj, Gohan going ssj2 or future trunks' arrival theme came on, still does actually.

I guess its down to opinion; my experience of dbz was the original ocean and funi dubs on tv, so I obviously prefer that, but if you prefer japanese more power to you, isnt my cup of tea though :lol

Not sure what I was thinking at the time, but looking into the music, I actually do prefer both. Mixed or not. I grew up with funimation, but watched the Japanese movies (that weren't out yet) during the same time. Just glad MTV didn't dub it.... achoooovolcanohighoooooo

Faulconer all the way. DBZ is much more serious because of the American OST.
Of course, coming from Dragonball I also like the Japanese music(whenever it decides to play lol) But Kai voice changes were godawful (Gohan).

Back