S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about your own opinion and nothing more. If Krec9 thinks Nappa's a joke then that's his to think. I actually think Kid Buu is a joke, and a massively uninteresting character (he barely has a character imo), same for Broli, Nappa impressed me way more then either and it had nothing to do with his power level. I don't get why you would like a character just because of his power level anyway. That's not what character is, it's a trait.

There's no point in trying to argue any of it. It's not like you'll change Krec9's opinion, or mine, or your own. If Toriyama had a fighting cucumber defeat Goku, would he suddenly not be a joke to me because he defeated Goku? No, it'll still be the dumbest thing ever to me. Clearly Krec9 just didn't care for Nappa, that's fine.:lol

:clap :goodpost:

Well, I gotta tell you guys, that Jackie Chun is one, if not my favorite character.

Edit:
He just being Master Roshi, disguised in a black, elegant Kimono , literally kicking the *** out of every single combatant including Goku, with his incredible speed close to that of a Golden Saint (for the Saint Seiya fans xD) invisible to the human eye, and at the end, no one noticed he was Master Roshi and got away with it. It was just awesom imo hahaha

Last edited:
I don't think power level constitutes badassery. I like Napa, like all Dbz characters, but he doesn't stick out for me. He served his purpose for the story. I love the cucumber argument Silrian! The only 2 badasses in regards to scenes with Nappa was Piccolo defending Gohan and Goku taking him down after his hard training and comforting his friend and son. I would want Raditz! Now he's cool!

It's not just power level for me either. For villains, I like to think about their impact and threat level in addition to their aesthetics/ being a final form character.

Androids 19 and 20, and semi-perfect cell were getting their butts handed to them by the Z-fighters, so they were low level threats to me. That's why I have little interest in them being released as Figuarts figures. Androids 17 and 18 were absolute threats in Future Trunks time and were also threats in the present for a short period of time. Fat Buu, although incredibly powerful could be reasoned with to some extent and was not as much of a threat as Kid Buu who was just insane.

Here are a few more variations if the pieces in combination. Looking forward to picking these up. They add so much more to the posing and showing the power of these characters.
e2apu9e9.jpg
4eda8y5y.jpg
zubu8yra.jpg

My body is so ready for this...so many epic poses in mind!

Raditz didn't even kill anyone. He gave Goku and Piccolo hard battle, that was it. He even needed to trick Goku to beat him, while Nappa and Vegeta didn't do any of that, so I don't think he's in the same league as Nappa and Vegeta. But I geuss if people like him, they like him. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't think people should make him out to be that much more powerful than he is. He'd probably be worthwhile for a villain line, I'd get him.

Also Nappa in DBZ Abridged is awesome. And you will quote everything he says.

There is always a bit of a delay between when these figures first start showing up in Japan and when they first start showing up in the U.S. Also, amazon and BBTS can sometimes have them 4-5 days after some other places do. I wouldn't fret - it's just a bit of a wait :)

This is true, there is always a month or so between japan and american releases, the only exception being armored red for PR; still dont know how they managed to have him out a month BEFORE japan lol.

It's not just power level for me either. For villains, I like to think about their impact and threat level in addition to their aesthetics/ being a final form character.

Androids 19 and 20, and semi-perfect cell were getting their butts handed to them by the Z-fighters, so they were low level threats to me. That's why I have little interest in them being released as Figuarts figures. Androids 17 and 18 were absolute threats in Future Trunks time and were also threats in the present for a short period of time. Fat Buu, although incredibly powerful could be reasoned with to some extent and was not as much of a threat as Kid Buu who was just insane.

Well, when we're paying these prices and the amount of accessories they come with who could blame you! I'm with you! Certain characters don't need that much dimension to be interesting. That's why I liked the first Halloween movie. It made Michael Myers a much more interesting of a threat. You knew nothing about him or what he was thinking. He was just a unrelenting force of evil, and it made you focus on fearing for the protagonists safety. Any more motivation or background would have made the film boring to me.

The box doesnt change, so we will get the same spelling. The only difference is a bluefin sticker on the bottom with warnings etc.

The box doesnt change, so we will get the same spelling. The only difference is a bluefin sticker on the bottom with warnings etc.

There has never been such a huge name discrepancy like this before. It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the name spelling for the U.S. market

How is Nappa a joke? He wiped the floor with the entire Z fighters single handedly, including Piccolo. At the early stages of DBZ, that's pretty impressive. Of course Goku beat him, but Goku did receive special training. I would love a figure of Nappa to pose along side Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Imo as a characters he's just not memorable to me he's a henchmen .

There has never been such a huge name discrepancy like this before. It wouldn't surprise me if they changed the name spelling for the U.S. market

I just dont see tamashii doing that, not with them so concerned with saving money at the moment. They didnt change the Goku rerelease from "gokou" so I dont think it will happen here, we still know who it is dont we?

Lol wow never noticed my "gokou" box was spelled that way lol and ya they even posted on their fb pg that "klilyn" is the official way to spell it in english so theyre sticking to that and wont be any different from the japanese boxes

I really am anxious to purchase him.
Being that he has the 'new' Figuarts body and is unhindered in articulation (coughcough Trunks), he could likely be the best poseable figure in the entire line!

Back