S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got Vegeta yesterday, and he's got the wobbly leg syndrome. Other than that though he's a sweet figure. I do think you definitely get more value out of him with the stand and blast effects included.

In a moment of weakness I ordered Gohan too. I wasn't going to give in to aftermarket prices, but its my favorite version of the character.

I also started watching the series again from the beginning. Its amazing how much you forget when you haven't watched it in over a decade.

nice man, My vegeta was actually fine for the most part, his left leg would pop back down whenever I tried to push it up but I just shave the hip socket a bit and now its fine. did you get the SDCC Gohan? (the anime version) that one i s my favorite as well, tied with trunks

Sorry about this question, but which Broly figure is that exactly? I was planning to make a stop motion soon enough and I need to know.

This is the movie collection broly, there are a few different versions and can get really expensive. i manage to win this ones bid for 27 $ shipped but they usually go for 60+

My collection so far

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well I got Vegeta yesterday, and he's got the wobbly leg syndrome. Other than that though he's a sweet figure. I do think you definitely get more value out of him with the stand and blast effects included.

In a moment of weakness I ordered Gohan too. I wasn't going to give in to aftermarket prices, but its my favorite version of the character.

I also started watching the series again from the beginning. Its amazing how much you forget when you haven't watched it in over a decade.

Mine did as well. A drop or two of future floor polish coating and its perfect.

Yeah I knew that last part, but no posable tail might together with his size form a deal breaker to me. Thanks for the confirmation folks.

are you sure you dont want him?

2m5knjr.png

2yxmcu1.png

Last edited:
are you sure you dont want him?

Lol, no I'm not, but I AM sure I spent a LOT of money past few weeks, and i gauge whether I think it's worth it to how much I'm a fan of the character, and it's display potential with other characters. Both are low for Final Form Frieza right now. Said it before and I'll say it again, would've liked Frieza more had he been a woman. Apparently I'm not only seizist, but sexist as well.:lol

I've no idea how this board has YouTube vids setup...but anyway, I really hope we get a full Ginyu Force Figuart team.

See, if we do get a Ginyu Force I'd much rather spend my money on First Form Frieza.

Btw I had my birthday a few days ago and I inserted the Toku Sentai cue that comes up in DBZA constantly in my music playlist a LOT so it kept shuffling into that every so often. About four people got it and couldn't stop laughing, while the rest was like "What IS this?!":rotfl

Lol, no I'm not, but I AM sure I spent a LOT of money past few weeks, and i gauge whether I think it's worth it to how much I'm a fan of the character, and it's display potential with other characters. Both are low for Final Form Frieza right now. Said it before and I'll say it again, would've liked Frieza more had he been a woman. Apparently I'm not only seizist, but sexist as well.:lol

:lol:lol:lol

At this point we all know that there is a height's inconsistency on the anime and even on manga sometimes. The thing is that Bandai aways choose the small variant to make the figure, lol. I mean, is Freeza's height wrong? Definately no, but it could have been a little taller, it would work fine. The same goes to Perfect Cell, Piccolo and Future Trunks. They could have been taller (a little bit would be enough for me). Small figures probably are cheaper to make. I hope they make Android 16, Cell First form, Broly and Burter huge figures. But I'm also interested on how Goten and Trunks would look like, lol.

Well kid trunks and goten are only a couple years younger than Gohan was against cell (in the manga at least; he was 11 and trunks and goten would be 8/9?) Id say they would be about friezas height, maybe just a bit shorter although in the anime they were tiny so idk.

Said it before and I'll say it again, would've liked Frieza more had he been a woman.
Frieza being male is what made his behavior creepy (that was kinda his appeal). Akira Toriyama said somewhere that he based Frieza on those Chinese Emperors (the ones that powdered their faces and wore paint on their lips, and elaborate head dresses). This makes his hover chair like a high-tech mobile throne.

I watched a lot of Chinese epics, and kung-fu movies when I was a kid. So I saw the direction they were going with Frieza. It's only really obvious when you watch the Japanese dub, the actor was emulating those emperor characters.

Frieza being male is what made his behavior creepy (that was kinda his appeal). Akira Toriyama said somewhere that he based Frieza on those Chinese Emperors (the ones that powdered their faces and wore paint on their lips, and elaborate head dresses). This makes his hover chair like a high-tech mobile throne.

I watched a lot of Chinese epics, and kung-fu movies when I was a kid. So I saw the direction they were going with Frieza. It's only really obvious when you watch the Japanese dub, the actor was emulating those emperor characters.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Well kid trunks and goten are only a couple years younger than Gohan was against cell (in the manga at least; he was 11 and trunks and goten would be 8/9?) Id say they would be about friezas height, maybe just a bit shorter although in the anime they were tiny so idk.

gohan was freakin tiny too in his earlier years

360581-freeza_slices_planet_2_super.jpg

and just imagine how big king cold would be if they stict with this scale. frieza is just as big as his lower leg :panic: :panic::panic:

360548-1127638_screenshot018_super_super.jpg

Thanks for the background info.:) I understand, and my opinion may well mean I basically would've wanted Frieza to be a different character altogether, and guess what? That's true, lol.
I never liked Frieza, he always annoyed the F outta me. It's only in the TFS dub that I like him a bit because he's more degrading in an evil intellectual type of way.

Although I don't know the japanese Frieza (who seems a little better to me), I thought the 'western' Frieza was not much more than an idiot with too much power.:gah:

I have this image in my mind of Frieza being just a ruthless androgynous "woman" with the more intellectually arrogant character of the TFS version, and that I friggin like, a LOT. But obviously that's nothing more than fan fiction, so yeah, the real Frieza, if you will, isn't a character I'd spent 70$ on. I'm not at all OCD in the traditional sense.

Again though, thanks for helping me settle my buyers dilemma.:p

Again though, thanks for helping me settle my buyers dilemma.:p
Sure thing, glad to help. :)

Personally, I only can justify a Frieza purchase if you want to complete displays, match heroes against their nemesis, reenactments, or if you just love the character.

I say this because of his price relative to his size. I meet the above criteria to justify my Frieza purchase (namely the last one, he is my absolute favorite villain in almost all Anime) To be honest I would have gotten Frieza even if I had no other figuarts before him.

But thank God I do have SSj Goku. That was really all I needed (a normal Goku would be great too)

Back