S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vegeta blue was up for a bit on BBTS i was able to get him! I'm super glad i didn't think i would buy him since he sold out now to get Goku and base Broly.

Screenshot_20190725-084941_Facebook.jpg

Yep this needs to happen fast. Also this will be a big hit to customizers as they charge 400+ for this custom

Can't wait for them to finally do this. We have been waiting far too long for a ssj4

Erivera reviewed the SDCC Goku Black.

Which version do you guys like more?

I like the original. Not a fan of the pink wash on the clothes. I'm ok with the semi translucent hair since it's not majorly see through. Also, sdcc doesn't come with the base head (which makes sense as the base head shouldn't have a pink outfit), but makes the original more versatile as well. So OG by miles for me

I really prefer the hair color on the newer release, in that it's more coherent with the recent Vegeta, Gogeta and Goku Blue. I really love the paint app.
Individually though, I think I prefer the hair color on the original better given it's the right color, but I'm a bit tired of it and it doesn't pop enough next to the
newest figuarts.

What really sucks is the color of the suit though, I had noticed the color was a bit different but I thought it'd just be darker, not that it would turn out THAT pink. It's terrible. I don't remember it glowing in pink like that in the show. They should've just changed the hair color, period.
I bought it anyway, even if I already have the original, as the color of the hair interested me to match the effect of the other Figuarts I have. Oh and also the aura effect is cool, I'll use it.

What sucks is I wanted to have a base Black Goku and a SSJR Goku. But I'm not going to use that body for any of the two. I'll just stick to the original body with new
head & aura effect.

As for the other exclusives, I'm half pissed at the new Ultimate Gohan. It's better than the original for sure, I didn't know they would actually change the headsculpts (the new smiling face is great), the new color scheme is better, but why the old body mold...
I'm planning on buying this Ultimate Gohan and customize it with a Goku body.

In fact I'm currently hesitating between modding Goku (earth version) into either Ultimate Gohan or Future Gohan. The Ultimate Gohan is a very easy mod to do and it looks ace (won't need to even bother buying an eventual Ultimate Gohan 2.0 if they ever do it), but Future/Mirai Gohan is tricky.
If anyone knows how to mod the hair right and add sleeves in a quite easy manner, I'd appreciate it. If not I'll just go with Ultimate custom.

The Kid Goku exclusive is great, it's probably my favorite figure out of the 4 exclusives, I'll have to get it.
And the Golden Frieza, I don't give a ****, I hate that transformation. And I don't give much credit to DBS either. Who knows why I even bothered with Goku black to begin with. It's just because he has a cool design (I actually hated the plot twist that he was Zamasu and I hate this new series as a whole, except the last Broly movie which is decent but nowhere near the original material).

Man, DF are just firing out these figures now, two more coming soon, the ssj4 Goku looks really good, but depends on if he makes him taller to be accurate:

D-oixhCU4AA3NZF.jpg
EAVGtgrU0AA56Z_.jpg

That DF Tenacious Martial Artist (blue shirt Goku) should come with a head we don't already have. Such as UI Omen (without huge forehead), SSG to match Vegeta, or even SS using the new SSB hair mold. We'll already get the same SSB head from the new movie Goku, why not add something different?

Its based off him during the broly movie, hence the belt pieces, so it makes sense its ssb. I'll be getting it to give him a base head so he looks like he did in the frieza saga.

Nice review! I still don’t have any stands to remove and pose any of my figuarts yet, so it’s really nice seeing reviews with side-by side, not just for features, but the color comparison as well.

As for liking more..... I’d have to go with the standard issue Goku Black, because it has base form mainly.

But color pallets are both really good to me, and I love the power up accessory in the same color and hownits included. I wish more releases included “environmental accessories”.

I’m disappointed both of these releases carry no half ignited out of his palm, sword accessory. It’s such a staple move and recurring moment that it’s sad to see neither banpresto or Figuarts covering it.

I think both are great looking and the swappable parts makes it hard to not recommend both.

I hope either of them make a retail appearance, it’s ****** to me that so many can’t get either, I’ve gotten quite lucky as I understand it.

Would a reissue of the harder to get figures be such a big deal? I know they have the premium color versions to offset this, I need to track down a Con Golden Freeza myself.

I might be tempted by this SSJ4 Goku...I need to replace my figure rise and....Tamashii is taking too long....

Yeah I'm giving up on Tamashii, but if they do make one i will get that too and still keep the DF one.
I know hardly anyone likes DBGT and with it the SSJ4 forms, but i think it's the most creative form we have had so far (sure the process of golden ape was dumb, but the end result was a great artistic idea .... Wish it could have been the God mode instead of just stupid Red & blue hair)

Yeah I'm giving up on Tamashii, but if they do make one i will get that too and still keep the DF one.
I know hardly anyone likes DBGT and with it the SSJ4 forms, but i think it's the most creative form we have had so far (sure the process of golden ape was dumb, but the end result was a great artistic idea .... Wish it could have been the God mode instead of just stupid Red & blue hair)

I agree 100%. The SS4 designs are my favorite transformations! I think everything about super was just laziness.

Well hu...I don't hate the Rainbow Saiyans...
I actually like SSG and SSB, UI is nice too.
You can love both design.
If there is one thing I loved in GT ( and gosh darn it I hated GT) it was the SSJ4 transformation for Goku and Vegeta.

Also, talking about lazyness....Super Saiyan is the product of Toriyama's lazyness.
Check it out x)

Back