S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, a collector asked me if i will utilize the idea of the ssj4 goku custom that was posted by ferrytale on figurealm yesterday. I would assume a lot will also think tthe same after i post mine in the future. I kinda lost interest and stopped since august last year, it was half done and havent touch it ever since. There was i time i was being accused of copying ideas on another forum so i was never comfortable showing progress pics ever since. But i did post it this image online last year and showed to some custom buddies.

IMAG0678a.jpg

It will take some time as the hair, the abs and especially the bottom half is nowhere near finish. I try not to rush or pressure myself to continue. So posting it gives me a slight freedom to focus on different ideas im planning to start.

cheers
elot

Someone have the pictures of: how I can disassemble a dragon ball figuarts torso?

I need to know it, I would like to do Nail custom based in Piccolo, but i need to know how disassemble the torso, I know he has three parts in the torso but i don´t know how disassemble it.

just slowly bend him like you are trying to break his back. The ball joint along the waist will slowly push itself out of the socket. Never try to just pull the figure straight apart as it will likely enlarge the socket and became lose over time, same with removing that ball joint behind the chest. This method applies to the head and any part of body, always do little twist force on it and never pull head upward. If you see figures that is always looking upward, it means the head has been on/off too many times and already very lose.

hi, a collector asked me if i will utilize the idea of the ssj4 goku custom that was posted by ferrytale on figurealm yesterday. I would assume a lot will also think tthe same after i post mine in the future. I kinda lost interest and stopped since august last year, it was half done and havent touch it ever since. There was i time i was being accused of copying ideas on another forum so i was never comfortable showing progress pics ever since. But i did post it this image online last year and showed to some custom buddies.

View attachment 93762

It will take some time as the hair, the abs and especially the bottom half is nowhere near finish. I try not to rush or pressure myself to continue. So posting it gives me a slight freedom to focus on different ideas im planning to start.

cheers
elot

Even if people are accusing you of " copying ideas" you can't copy talent, and even though thats incomplete and the hair is a lil off that is still really awesome and its cool to see the progress of how you make your customs!

@elothk Well, take your time, because I can't wait to see it! I love the SSJ4 design of Goku so much. It's cool seeing it in this stage, because I'm imagining it painted like one of Toriyama's original designs of it being all gold instead of the black hair and red. There was one that was close to being final was the color of his brown Oozaru form, which would also make more sense, but it didn't look as good, so maybe he kept making it more bright, and just went with red. He looked kind of evil with the brown fur, so that might have been another reason. His concept art didn't have the abs covered either. I would really like to know why he went the route he did. Heck, I would like to know his reasoning behind all his designs, because I they're so unique! I think the color scheme he went with looks much more dynamic and cooler, so why should I complain? I don't know how they're biology works! The gold didn't look that good anyways, he needed an overhaul. I love Goku's attitude with SSJ4, because he's at his most mature, which makes sense for it being his "ultimate form". I want Figuarts to make one!

Here's the description of the GT Perfect Files:

"Super Saiyan 4
The form which draws out the battle power which Saiyans posses out to the utmost limits is this, Super Saiyan 4!! It’s distinguished by having a different appearance than previous Super Saiyans, with red body fur and long black hair!! It is called Super Saiyan 4 out of convenience, but due to it being a transformation from Golden Oozaru, it would be no exaggeration to call it a different species from all previous Super Saiyans!! Thinking of it as a different species, you could also name such points as the fact that unlike with 3 he has an adult appearance, despite being a transformation of little Goku."

View attachment 93762

cheers
elot

this looks really good so far

How can anyone accuse you of copying ideas when I have yet to see customs anywhere similar to yours eloth? The only other decent customs ive seen are of reapers, but they both have different styles.

Blegh, on toyarena the release date for 18 is stated 30th of juli. Only Goku, a figure that existed for years lready, between krillin in nov and 18 in juli the year after? That's kinda disappointing imo...

Well while we don't any new figures I'm adding some itens to my collection. This week I got SDCC Piccolo.

Comparison

DSC00689.JPG

Regular head on SDCC body with cape, best combination

DSC00703.JPG

DSC00705.JPG

DSC00723.JPG

EDIT: LOL, this forum doesn't let me post the last picture because there is F A G on the URL

euhm no, he has been delayed to April according to the site. https://tamashii.jp/item_schedule/201404/

Actually, that sounds better... my figure-related finances are gonna get slammed this spring with a few other releases in the pipeline... April will be a light month in comparison to May and March.

As long as you appear, Goku, I can wait another month... not like I'll die :lol

Hey elothk and reaper, would you be able to tell me the sculpting material you use?

I USE apoxie sculpt pink or white. It comes with part A and part B you mix them together and then begin sculpting. I believe elot uses the same.

I USE apoxie sculpt pink or white. It comes with part A and part B you mix them together and then begin sculpting. I believe elot uses the same.

Is there a specific name or is it just apoxie sculpt? Also, is there a difference (besides the color) between pink and white apoxie sculpt?

Ill take a pic for you when I get home. I just tried pink. Its a lot softer and you have a longer period to work with. I kinda like white a little bit better for spikes and such as they wont droop.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

As some of you may remember, I was able to work at the Tamashii Nations booth last October for New York Comic Con. Well they asked if I could help them again for NY Toy Fair and of course I said yes. I just wanted to report back with some news after speaking with one of their reps from Japan (this was a different guy setting up all the displays). He seemed to be about my age (26) and was very friendly.

He said that Android 17 is next in the lineup with Kid Buu most likely following up after him to complete the main villains of the series. Super Buu and Fat Buu are much bigger versions and from what I gather, those bigger figures aren't favored by Bandai for production. He said Nappa and Shrenon are no longer a consideration.

We didn't put the figures in the cases yet but I wouldn't count on seeing any new prototypes at TF unfortunately. He just showed me Android 18 while he was getting everything ready for tomorrow.

Thank you so much for this! I'm disappointed by the news as I really wanted Super Boo and not Kid Boo, but it's very helpful in me curving my expectations! Hopefully there will still be making Majin Vegeta, Mystic Gohan, and Kid Goku. I'm skipping the Androids, so this is kind of a bummer. But you rock sir! Thanks!

Back