S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, being that it focuses so much more on martial arts, the intimate fights make the blows all the more powerful. It's shocking for me every time Tien snaps Yamcha's leg. They aren't better, just different. It's so weird to have a series that's pretty amazing throughout. It's like when you buy an album that you can tell the artists put a lot of effort in, rather than just singles and a bunch of filler tracks, where you can clearly pick what stands out.

I have to say Krillin definitely is a great fighter, he def got a little bit screwed into just being comic relief in dbz but having just watched db, Im glad he did remain a main character and got a descent part in a lot of dbz's plot progression. It's funny how yamcha is the "real krillin" throughout both series. He barely does anything actually descent.:lol Though one could argue he's not even "a krillin". Ownedcount +100. I was kinda schocked honestly how useless yamcha largely is even in DB.XD Both Tien and Krillin are way better and more creative martial artists, even in Z that's the case. It's kinda stupid that tien & yamcha are often mentioned as a duo, watching DB really made me realise that's kinda bs.:lol That really pretty much resulted from Z not being obvious on how big that gap is.

Future gohan vs future androids aye? Gotta watch that again, forgot all about it.

I hope they'll do no. 16 after they give us no. 17. The trio must be complete. I could do without Dr. Gero and no 19, though it'd be nice to have em as well. Along with 1st form and 2nd form Cell.

So you agree with me now? I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! But you grouped them together lots of times, and even Krillin with them. A lot of people must be doing it for the same reason. Maybe it was because you guys had to wait so darn long for another episode, and then you got a padded filler episode with Tien and Yamcha training with King Kai, when you were so invested in something like the Frieza fight. I could understand that! "Oh boy Vegeta just killed Zarbon! I can't wait what's going to happen next" and then you rush home from school and it's Tien and Yamcha fighting a fake Ginyu Force. Tien and Yamcha are not main characters for Z, but they played their roles perfectly when they appeared. Piccolo took Tien's role, because he had a lot more room for character development, could compete well in power, and added more variety. And Toriyama just added more comic relief with Krillin, replacing Yamcha's "big" role. He's Goku's best friend, I think Toriyama chose right! I really like them, but they would have dragged the show down, if they got more focus. I love Alfred, but I don't want him to gain new abilities, so he can compete with Batman, or give him a bigger spotlight. Then you ruin why I liked his character. To me, the main characters throughout DBZ are Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, and Bulma. Yeah, I don't see how people bash DBZ for downplaying Yamcha or making him a fool. Did they watch that fight with Yamcha vs the Mummy,Yamcha vs Kami, or hear his reason for wanting to steal the Dragonballs?

I can't justify seeing 19,20 or 2nd cell if the buu fans have almost nothing, not to mention a lack of namek/saiyan era chars like nappa. Like, i don't need buu era shf except vegeta and gohan, but honestly I'd genuinely feel bad toward those fans if they continue with the android period for more than a year now.

Just make 17 and maybe a tall trunks to not have to rerelease the first one this year, and then just give other periods sone attention for a good while. Otherwise I feel like they're alienating too many people... Like, again I'm fine with this as it's my favorite period, but at some point a certain level of bias starts to shadow over the line's momentum.

I'd rather see them making 17 and using the other slots for other periods. And it's what I expect them to do. I'm counting on 17 now as well, but nothing else android period this year except maybe a rerelease. See,s more reasonable to hope for 16 and/or trunks in 2015...

responded to everyone who pm me about the super saiyan vegeta im offering. Ive decided to keep it hidden who offered the best deal to keep it fair and not turn this into ebay thanks once again ill let you guys know in a few days.

How about a Tapion/Minosha 2 pack? That'd be an interesting choice no one would expect.

Wouldnt touch it; Tapion is ok for a movie character, even if he was weak and couldnt actually use ki at all, but Minosha we barely got to glimpse at in the opening before he was crushed! If we must go down the movie route, do Bills or something.

You're absolutely right! I certainly wouldn't expect it! Who the heck is Minosha? I'm kidding.
Apparently they're sticking with the Japanese name pun for Birusu, and going with Beerus. Or at least that's what it said on the solicit for the Battle of Z trailer. I want him though. He's a great character. Another reason I want them to re-issue Ssj Vegeta, because Battle of Gods had one of my top favorite Vegeta moments.

My Frieza arrived today!!!

Easily the best DBZ figuart (I may be a little biased because he's my favorite DBZ villain ever)
In any case, I love this figure! He has the best range of motion out of the whole line so far. He's a little small, but that's scale enough to match the rest of the cast for me (I'm still sad about Cell's height though).

Again with the loose legs though...ugh, but I'll fix that. (FYI: remember when I said I fixed Vegeta's loose legs with glue, that almost came back to bite me as I nearly broke the pin in his hip this morning. I stopped when I saw stress on the plastic, and took my time to loosen the joint so he's fine. So I'll take more care when I fix Frieza's leg)

Does anyone here want to see a dragon ball movie in theaters again but this time done right ? And who do you think can play goku ?

Does anyone here want to see a dragon ball movie in theaters again but this time done right ? And who do you think can play goku ?
I believe in my heart, that I am the sole human being who can direct a Dragon Ball movie, and its sequels in the most cinematic and honorable way.

Firstly, Goku...MUST BE JAPANESE!!! as well as most of the cast. Bulma would be mixed (Dr. Briefs is Japanese, and Mrs. Briefs is white)
One of the great things about doing a movie based on an anime is that the story has already been written, it just needs to be visualized in cinema (so nothing needs to be changed). It takes imagination to see the reality of the fantasy, which many film studios lack. So they replace the fantasy with reality :(

The Rurouni Kenshin live action movie is a bright shining example of how to take an anime into cinema.
Also Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist will be another positive example once it releases.

For me it shouldn't matter if Goku was played by a Japanese actor. He's a Saiyan, after all. Would that mean all Saiyans are Japanese as well? Have Yamcha, Tien, Grandpa Gohan, etc. be Japanese. Goku, however, should look different than the rest of the cast, due to his origins. But this is just my opinion, what do I know.

Has anyone watched this trailer yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKrgPr7PA8

For me it shouldn't matter if Goku was played by a Japanese actor. He's a Saiyan, after all. Would that mean all Saiyans are Japanese as well? Have Yamcha, Tien, Grandpa Gohan, etc. be Japanese. Goku, however, should look different than the rest of the cast, due to his origins. But this is just my opinion, what do I know.
In Dragon Ball, no one thought Goku looked different from anyone else (other than him having a tail) He's believed to be a native to the region, no one questioned his heritage that much...they just thought the tail was odd. If Goku was any other ethnicity, he would stick out like a sore thumb (even more so than he already did...having a tail and all) Toriyama himself tried to cast Goku as a Japanese boy in DB de-evolution (before they kicked him off the project, and hired that other guy)

HOLY **** That's the Chinese legend that Dragon ball was loosely based on!!!

I was trying to find out when the SSJ Goku reissue was announced and saw sites having the solicits on January 9. Hopefully we get some news. I'm hoping for a SSJ Vegeta re-issue.

Back