S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think his upper body is disproportionately large. If they tone his chest down a bit and shorten his arms that would look better imo, and also be more accurate.

Also, this is a pretty interesting list:

Joshstarwind wrote:
Some of this is official and some of it is guesswork based off official heights.
Goku - 5’9”
Gohan - 5’11”
Chi-Chi - 5’4”
Vegeta - 5’5”
Tien - 6’1.75”
Krillin - 5'
Videl - 5’1”
Yamcha - 6'
Radditz - 5’10.5”
Nappa - 6’10”
Bulma - 5’4”
18 - 5’3”
Roshi - 5’4” (When standing up straight)
Piccolo Jr - 6’7”
Cui - 5’6”
Dodoria - 6’5”
Zarbon - 6’2”
Guldo - 4’3”
Jeice - 5’4”
Burter - 8'
Recoome - 7’2”
Ginyu - 6’3”
Frieza 1st Form - 4’5”
Frieza 2nd Form - 7’8”
Frieza 3rd Form - (Tough to figure out but smaller than 2nd)
Frieza 4th Form - 5’1”
King Cold - 8'
16 - 7’10”
17 - 5’4”
19 - 5’7”
20 - 5’9”
Imperfect Cell - 7’0”
Semiperfect Cell - 7’6”
Perfect Cell - 6’9”
Dabura - 7’1”
Fat Buu - 6’5”
Super Buu - 7’9
Buutenks - 7’1”
Buuhan - 6’11”
Kid Buu - 5'

https://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-general/dragon-ball-z-heights-approximately-120103/2

If this list would be accurate, Piccolo and Cell are definitely too short. But the rest would fit quite well imo. It also does negate my opinion that Frieza would be too short. Surprisingly, most of this is how I pictured it (with the exception of Frieza and 16's monstrous height).

EDIT: actually, 17 and 18 would be shorter than I thought as well. I thought they were taller than Vegeta, how odd. Guess that settles the figuarts height thing as well for them. Most of all of this seems pretty accurate.

he looks perfect to me based off these pictures...

these statues are perfect scale in my opinion

DOES ANYONE HERE have a hybrid gotenks they can take a picture of next to figuarts goku or vegeta or even picccolo?

They seriously need to fix Trunks' height. He's supposed to be taller than Vegeta, even before The Room of Spirit & Time.

They seriously need to fix Trunks' height. He's supposed to be taller than Vegeta, even before The Room of Spirit & Time.

daizenshu30.jpg

Trunks right leg is directly parallel to Vegeta's feet and he's still taller, look again. Even more evidence is that Trunks is standing behind them.

We arent talking manga sizes here, Tamashii use scenes from the ANIME to scale their figures, hence why trunks is smaller, because he is in line with the Goku scene; every size can be accounted for by looking through the anime.

I have said it a few times already, but I'll say it again; the anime isnt consistent in heights and colours, so arguing over them is pointless and silly. Why cant we just be happy with what we've got?

Trunks right leg is directly parallel to Vegeta's feet and he's still taller, look again. Even more evidence is that Trunks is standing behind them.

Actually we can't see trunks right foot properly. What you see as a feet parallel to vegeta's feet is actually where krillin's feet starts. If you put a horizontal line on trunks visible feet (left) and vegeta's, you will see that trunks look taller because their feet are not aligned.

Also, that other image posted by blood is from manga, that artwork is from Akira Toriyama. I'd trust that one if I'd have to choose between the original art and the one done by one of the inconsistent studios that animated the series

Actually we can't see trunks right foot properly. What you see as a feet parallel to vegeta's feet is actually where krillin's feet starts. If you put a horizontal line on trunks visible feet (left) and vegeta's, you will see that trunks look taller because their feet are not aligned.

Also, that other image posted by blood is from manga, that artwork is from Akira Toriyama. I'd trust that one if I'd have to choose between the original art and the one done by one of the inconsistent studios that animated the series

14u7vh1.jpg

LOL! Dude, did you notice that goku doesn't even have eyes on that image you choose?
lol, again, you are now comparing an artwork (drawn to be a cover) to a tiny session of the manga. If we start comparing like that, we can say that Goku's legs were cut by half or he is wearing a big version of his head!

I knew there would be some kind of hair brain explanation on that image... You go from saying you don't believe the Anime and only believing Toriyama's art to saying you don't believe one segment from the Manga. Make up your mind.

I'm trying to explain that there's a difference between that cover art and that small session...
Have you ever had the manga on your hands? You are using that small session of the manga where characters were drawn at the size of a finger nail as an example.... Details are'nt accurate on these kind of images as they are on artworks / covers / etc!

I own it. You're still not able to deny that fact that Trunks and Goku are about the same height. Even the whole time they are speaking to each other, Trunks isn't drawn the midget you all seem to think he is. I don't know why you're putting so much stock in a one off cover. It's what is in the pages of the Manga that count.

Last edited:
he looks perfect to me based off these pictures...
dbzscale_zpsff73a8b1.jpg

Uhm, in that picture 17 and 18 ARE taller than Vegeta, which I thought, but having seen the anime it's quit alright if theyre the same size Vegeta is.

Also, in the anime Trunks isn't much taller than Frieza. I initially saw that as Frieza being tall, but it's actually Teen Trunks that's fairly small.

Lastly, FF Cell can't be THAT tall can he!?

I see where this thread is going will it get closed again.

Don't be silly. There's nothing wrong with a discussion about the accuracy of the subject of this thread (Figuarts DBZ figures). As long as it's kept civilised and to the point it should be fine imo.

We arent talking manga sizes here, Tamashii use scenes from the ANIME to scale their figures, hence why trunks is smaller, because he is in line with the Goku scene; every size can be accounted for by looking through the anime.

I have said it a few times already, but I'll say it again; the anime isnt consistent in heights and colours, so arguing over them is pointless and silly. Why cant we just be happy with what we've got?

I agree with this, except that I don't think it's pointless to talk about it, inconsistencies don't mean there's not an average or general height to a character. Some shots are just off. We can try to find out which ones those are.

I own it. You're still not able to deny that fact that Trunks and Goku are about the same height.

That might be the case in the manga, but in the anime that's definitely factually incorrect. Pre-Time Chamber Trunks is definitely shorter, and almost every picture in relation to Goku shows it. (Post-TC Trunks is actually pretty much as tall as Goku I think. Trunks sure did grow a lot in one year...) The only debatable thing in terms of the anime is if he's just shorter, equal to, or just a bit taller than Vegeta when he makes his first appearance...:dunno

Back