S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14u7vh1.jpg

and here's trunks smaller

goku%20and%20trunks.png

and here he's evenly matched with goku

289k8ex.jpg

can we all get along with the idea that trunks started off as being a bit smaller, 3 years later trunks grew taller than vegeta?

It's btw also important of note that the further characters stand apart the harder it is to accurately gauge their true length. I have Vegeta and Trunks displayed with like a good few inches between each other and they look the same height from that angle. Height is really illusory in its appearance. Surrounding measures determine how you view a length, even if it's consistently the same one among different situations.

All in all, I think Tamashii's doing a good job. I definitely got convinced when it came to both Frieza and the Androids. And I'm fine with Trunks as well. I just want tall armoured Trunks already.:p

/ramble

@ Blood Yeah that definitely seems like a good scale to me. Dunno if that's manga accurate, but as an anime fan I'm fine with those references.

It's btw also important of note that the further characters stand apart the harder it is to accurately gauge their true length. I have Vegeta and Trunks displayed with like a good few inches between each other and they look the same height from that angle. Height is really illusory in its appearance. Surrounding measures determine how you view a length, even if it's consistently the same one among different situations.

All in all, I think Tamashii's doing a good job. I definitely got convinced when it came to both Frieza and the Androids. And I'm fine with Trunks as well. I just want tall armoured Trunks already.:p

/ramble

And maybe a sleeveless torn up jacket with long hair trunks. :exactly:

There goes bluefin's plan to use Vegeta's mold to rerelease it as king vegeta :lol I'd have always assumed that king vegeta and vegeta to be the same height and build, just with the goatee.

Having had a jacket Trunks I prefer the armour... Although this Trunks, with his hair in a tail, is so friggin awesome. I wanted that hair as a kid so badly man hahaha.

Yeah, I'd want the saiyan armor ver as well. The one with the brown tip on the boots.

Damn, me too. Though I knew from back than that I'd prolly look ridiculous with purple hair. :slap:lol

and here's trunks smaller

goku%20and%20trunks.png

and here he's evenly matched with goku

289k8ex.jpg

can we all get along with the idea that trunks started off as being a bit smaller, 3 years later trunks grew taller than vegeta?

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost: @Blood

@SNAKE PLISSKEN . There blood got it for you! Trunks when arrives is smaller then vegeta and goku . He posted the pic(2nd ) and they're on level ground and trunks is very small . Then after sole time and then time chamber time he grows a bit taller then vegeta .

Last edited:
I still think Big Deano is right in saying precision is pretty useless when the anime is inconsistent. But with all things presented I can only buy Pre-TC Trunks to be either as tall as Vegeta or a little smaller, def not taller.

Yeah, I'd want the saiyan armor ver as well. The one with the brown tip on the boots.

Damn, me too. Though I knew from back than that I'd prolly look ridiculous with purple hair. :slap:lol

Well I didn't mean the purple aspect, but his long straight evenly separated hair. I did grow my hair long from age 15 to about almost 19, way longer then long haired Trunks actually haha. But it never fell is perfect as Trunks' did.:gah::lol

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost: @Blood

@SNAKE PLISSKEN . There blood got it for you! Trunks when arrives is smaller then vegeta and goku . He posted the pic(2nd ) and they're on level ground and trunks is very small . Then after sole time and then time chamber time he grows a bit taller then vegeta .

We went from the Manga overrides all, now were agreeing with the inconsistent Anime. The photo I supplied shows that Trunks and Goku are about the same height in the manga. How can anyone refute that?

Is it the one that comes with the cookie? I fear he might be too small.. i might pick him up. Only scultures i own is android 16 and he is to scale , i cant wait to pose 18 on his shoulder and 17 next to him. Also HQDX have a few figures in scale as well as the hcsf line. here are some pics..

https://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u506/Jose_Rosell/android16scale_zpsc225f105.jpg

https://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u506/Jose_Rosell/friezaforms_zpsae3cf41a.jpg

Yeah I believe so, it's 13 cm tall which is just a hair over 5". I'm not sure if that includes the stand or not in the measurements. Even if he's a little small, he looks good and has a few different heads. So I think he would be a great display piece until Tamashii makes Buu.

Those look great, I remember the Frieza picture now, his third stage in particular looks great. Android 16 is off the charts, that one looks awesome! I might have to go look up those. There's one of a Piccolo in an action stance similar to the Goku one I bought that I need to find too. They seem really good overall. What really sold me on Goku was how perfect his face was, it's better than Tamashii.

We went from the Manga overrides all, now were agreeing with the inconsistent Anime. The photo I supplied shows that Trunks and Goku are about the same height in the manga. How can anyone refute that?

Tamashii uses the anime to scale the figures, so it doesnt matter what the manga states; if they use the anime then thats what we have to base heights off of, thats just how it is.

I personally don't recall having ever said the manga was what I took as final measure. I'm a fan of the anime so I want them as anime accurate as possible and if I've brought up any of this, then it was solely about that for me.

Now agreed the manga might have final say over the character as a whole, just as the comic book bruce wayne has certain features which I consider canon overall. But I still want the figures to be as anime accurate as possible, which is problematic because the anime had inconsistent parts to it. But you can't settle that with manga references I'd say...

Uhm, in that picture 17 and 18 ARE taller than Vegeta, which I thought, but having seen the anime it's quit alright if theyre the same size Vegeta is.

Also, in the anime Trunks isn't much taller than Frieza. I initially saw that as Frieza being tall, but it's actually Teen Trunks that's fairly small.

Lastly, FF Cell can't be THAT tall can he!?

Don't be silly. There's nothing wrong with a discussion about the accuracy of the subject of this thread (Figuarts DBZ figures). As long as it's kept civilised and to the point it should be fine imo.

Dont be silly? have you seen some of the reasons why this thread got closed?

Well Trunks is standing further away from the point of view. But you cannot put any stock in one format. I don't know how this can be easily glazed over as a meaningless frame. If this doesn't have any merit, none do.

14u7vh1.jpg

And if Tamashii is basing it off the Anime, their doing it wrong.

2lac660.jpg

Back