S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's labeled as undecided. I don't think it will be too much though. It'll surely be a much cheaper option than buying the old Irwin Saiyan Pods. From the looks of the display, it appears it will be big enough for Scouter Vegeta.

Finally we're getting these things in scale with the figuarts :clap

more pics of the dbz models here https://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/bandai-dragon-ball-figure-rise-models-at-shizuoka-hobby-show they have close ups too!

Some of the sculpts look too round or soft for me but some of them look pretty amazing like ssj 3 goku. So far I'm interested in mecha frieza, gold frieza (as replacement for figuarts d/t size and proportions), kid buu, cell, ssj3 goku (hair sculpt looks amazing and with some TLC will be even better), and SSB vegeta (again very nice hair sculpt, although looks like they will be using that hair sculpt for all vegetas). I might consider holding out for the model kit ssb vegeta, but will have to see about scaling, the ssb goku hair looks pretty nice too. Trunks looks almost exactly like the figuarts one as well.

Not sure about the vehicles, but I am intersted in the time machine and frieza pod. I hope that these really take off, could be a very good alternative to collecting the more expensive figuarts and i also like building model kits! They may even make more characters that tamashii hasnt even touched yet! So far based on the protos they are planning on it!

Thanks for posting this. I noticed that a few of the prototypes were very strange in earlier pictures. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan seems off in regards to articulation. He actually looks like a statue. Perfect Cell, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, and Kid Buu look outstanding. Mr. Buu needs more articulation.

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks looks like a statue, similar to Gohan. The head also appears to be from the Figuarts Zero Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, and Super Saiyan Vegeta look good.

Now that I get to see a close up picture of Trunks that a few people have been mentioning...I think that's actually THE S.H. Figuarts Future Trunks. The best painted S.H. Figuarts Future Trunks I've ever seen, too.

They actually are MG figurerise figures Hydeous, just in the 6inch scale. Their actual line name is "MG Figurerise Standard"

I don't think these are the same group as the original MG line? The bicep are different and it looks like these are smaller than the MG goku. The MG goku retails for bout 4000 yen if I remembered correctly.

I don't think these are the same group as the original MG line? The bicep are different and it looks like these are smaller than the MG goku. The MG goku retails for bout 4000 yen if I remembered correctly.
Its still bandai making them, so if anything I would say reuse of the brand?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. I noticed that a few of the prototypes were very strange in earlier pictures. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan seems off in regards to articulation. He actually looks like a statue. Perfect Cell, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, and Kid Buu look outstanding. Mr. Buu needs more articulation.

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks looks like a statue, similar to Gohan. The head also appears to be from the Figuarts Zero Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, and Super Saiyan Vegeta look good.

Now that I get to see a close up picture of Trunks that a few people have been mentioning...I think that's actually THE S.H. Figuarts Future Trunks. The best painted S.H. Figuarts Future Trunks I've ever seen, too.
I would say they are early prototypes, hence why they lack articulation. The finished product will likely have the same as Goku and Frieza.

It does seem nearly identical to the figuarts version, but I don't think it is because the ball joints are more noticeable on the wrists of the Figuarts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I imagine this line would be another "Character Category" for the company. MG is labeled for the 1/8 scale and Standard is labeled for the 1/12 scale.

I would say they are early prototypes, hence why they lack articulation. The finished product will likely have the same as Goku and Frieza.

I agree. A few of these prototypes appear to have been worked on for quite awhile while others are more "possible ideas" for future releases. I'm really looking forward to Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, and Mr. Buu's finished articulation.

It does seem nearly identical to the figuarts version, but I don't think it is because the ball joints are more noticeable on the wrists of the Figuarts.

Not necessarily. If you have the hands positioned properly, you can get rid of the ball-joint appearance.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The more I look at it, the more I see that the prototype is the Future Trunks S.H. Figuarts. This is a Bandai company though so I don't think there would be a problem with "borrowing" other Bandai subsidiary products and using them to show ideas of what the company has planned. It would explain how they reused Figuarts Zero Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks head.

Not necessarily. If you have the hands positioned properly, you can get rid of the ball-joint appearance.

The more I look at it, the more I see that the prototype is the Future Trunks S.H. Figuarts. This is a Bandai company though so I don't think there would be a problem with "borrowing" other Bandai subsidiary products and using them to show ideas of what the company has planned. It would explain how they reused Figuarts Zero Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks head.

You might be right then. That could also explain the little stand holding him up since the figuarts is a pita to stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You might be right then. That could also explain the little stand holding him up since the figuarts is a pita to stand.

It looks like a few of these prototypes are parts used from the Tamashii lines.

I also think the head on Super Saiyan 3 Goku is a smaller scale version of the Figuarts Zero EX head, as well. ...It looks spectacular.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok, so we are all agreed that they are clearly using bits and pieces from the figuarts and zero lines on these WIP prototypes, yes? Then can I direct you all to the Buu prototypes, who just happen to have figuarts joints on them?! I have a funny feeling we are getting a sneak peak at some figuarts protos in there.....

Ok, so we are all agreed that they are clearly using bits and pieces from the figuarts and zero lines on these WIP prototypes, yes? Then can I direct you all to the Buu prototypes, who just happen to have figuarts joints on them?! I have a funny feeling we are getting a sneak peak at some figuarts protos in there.....

Lets hope you're right Deano!

looks like a good amount of them say tentative, but a good look at them (and from what i remember) ssj3 goku, ssj2 gohan, cell, and kid buu all say, "on sale 2016" or something like that. So it's safe to say we'll be getting those 4 at least by the end of the year after ssj 1 goku (which looks meh to me honestly) and 100% frieza (which looks okay but the waist seems too skinny imo). I may consider Cell due to his possible bigger size as well. I am hoping this line may give us access to other more wanted characters in the future like bardock, cooler, gogeta etc, especially since model kits may be cheaper to produce (that's my guess anyway judging from the price point).

Hopefully you're right, and we get confirmation in a week. Isn't the next tamashii event on the 21st?

I'm surprised none of you have posted this yet.

And as you can see, it appears that they are doing both Spanish and English reviews now. Well for the new Trunks anyway.

That's a great observation, Deano!

I'm surprised none of you have posted this yet.

And as you can see, it appears that they are doing both Spanish and English reviews now. Well for the new Trunks anyway.

I believe they did an English review for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, as well. Thanks for posting it!

I hope im right too [emoji14] Thanks guys.

Thanks for the vid FuzG. Im subbed to them but for whatever reason they never show up in my timeline, bloody youtube!

I hope we're not required to paint some of these figure-rise model kits.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Just noticed there's no more shading on the saiyan armor trunks like they did on the previous saiyan armor vegetas. Dunno how I feel bout them yet, but he does look really good.

I knew something was missing from Trunks, cant believe it took me so long to notice! The armor is missing the painted lines for the white and brown parts! It looks plain compared to Vegetas armor. Wish I hadnt noticed that now!

Edit: Ninja'd by Hydeous lol, looks like we noticed at the same time!

Back