S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing about the Super Trunks head is some strands of the upper hair are weird looking like one is longer than the other, one is shorter then the other.

That said, watch as this is a first run only thing, like Sailor Moon's bonus face plates :lol

Yeah that one strand in the middle is annoyingly longer than all the others. Is his hair supposed to be mostly symmetrical in that state though?

If they based it of of this pic, I guess it works but in most pics, his hair is fairly even throughout

f7b5694e214f97f88820eaf80e94f04a.jpg

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Thing is, that hair works for cell games Trunks, when he fought Cell jrs. Its correct in its look too. Just wondering where the long normal hair is now.

Assj_trunks_and_veg_2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thing is, that hair works for cell games Trunks, when he fought Cell jrs. Its correct in its look too. Just wondering where the long normal hair is now.

Assj_trunks_and_veg_2.jpg

Good catch, I forgot he had the crazy spiky hair look without the buffed body. I'm comforted now that he'll look accurate :)

ToyFair is just for the retailers, distributors, press, etc. It is not open to the general public. It's mostly just to get all the retail stores hyped up for the upcoming product and to 'show-off' what's coming out and get some feedback. Manufacturers show off past, present and (mostly) highlight new stuff. Since retailers buy in bulk orders...the event is mainly aimed at them.

That being said, I hope the extra head is included, better more than less! Trunks is $2 more than Goku on his MSRP and certainly rationalizes some extra accessories because of that. On the flip-side, Tamashii never showed the piece in its product photos and is notorious for showing off "prototypes" of stuff they never release...which all us long-time collectors.

I take a "wait and see" approach with this.

Why do you play with our hearts so close to Valentine's Day, Bandai?

Last edited:
ToyFair is just for the retailers, distributors, press, etc. It is not open to the general public. It's mostly just to get all the retail stores hyped up for the upcoming product and to 'show-off' what's coming out and get some feedback. Retailers show off past, present and (mostly) highlight new stuff.

That being said, I hope the extra head is included, better more than less! Trunks is $2 more than Goku on his MSRP and certainly rationalizes some extra accessories because of that. On the flip-side, Tamashii never showed the piece in its product photos and is notorious for showing off "prototypes" of stuff they never release...which all us long-time collectors.

I take a "wait and see" approach with this.

Why do you play with our hearts so close to Valentine's Day, Bandai?

Oh I didn't know that Toyfair was just for retailers.

Normally, I'd be inclined to think that they just put that Goku up there to fill out the display. But lately, they've only been using figures that are or will be available. Could be a sign of things to come. I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic.

Normally, I'd be inclined to think that they just put that Goku up there to fill out the display. But lately, they've only been using figures that are or will be available. Could be a sign of things to come. I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic.

large.gif

Well I took another look at the tamashii.jp website and it doesnt actually say how many heads he comes with, just that he does come with them, so its entirely possible he comes with all three! It also sounds like he only comes with the stern face for normal as no extras are stated for it, and two extras for ssj, so stern, gritted teeth and yelling I guess (including one on the head)

He only comes with two extra sets of hands (on top of the fists) and the cross arms too, so he is technically light on accessories, making a third head very likely!

I would be quite surprised if Tamashii included that head. (Fantastically well done!) That package is going to be rather large, especially for a regular release. Although, somebody did mention the possibility of it being a "1st release special" which I could see Tamashii doing. Either way, I hope it's released with the figure. I'll have to order another one once it's confirmed by Tamashii. They really know how to make me hand over my money.

Since Bardoon mentioned that this event is to show what each company has to offer from their past, present, and future products, Whis being there is pretty much a guarantee that he'll be the next release announced. Anybody else have the feeling that he'll come with one head? I would like to see 3 (2 extra) since there's not going to be much to him.

According to the Ageless Geeks group, some people that were actually at the event say the head will be included with the figure. Also there's a reviewer on Instagram that said so as well. Sure they've never done that before but they have been deviating from the norm lately so I wouldn't really be surprised.

I was gonna buy an extra anyways to put the Jacksdo head on but I'd much rather have the real deal and this one looks much better (obviously). They got tired of bootleg companies getting ahead of them I guess lol

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Anybody else have the feeling that he'll come with one head? I would like to see 3 (2 extra) since there's not going to be much to him.

Whis is gonna be the basic bare-bones release of this batch, kinda like Android 16. Didn't come with much, but was only released to compliment 17 & 18

it would be cool if he at least came with an Oracle Fish accessory.. give us something, Tamashii :/

According to the Ageless Geeks group, some people that were actually at the event say the head will be included with the figure. Also there's a reviewer on Instagram that said so as well. Sure they've never done that before but they have been deviating from the norm lately so I wouldn't really be surprised.

I was gonna buy an extra anyways to put the Jacksdo head on but I'd much rather have the real deal and this one looks much better (obviously). They got tired of bootleg companies getting ahead of them I guess lol

I'll take it. :lol Although, the more I think about it being included, this may be Tamashii's final Future Trunks release. I hope not but considering that it's a regular release and can be reissued at any time, any time there's demand for a Future Trunks (Bojack/Destruction of Androids), Tamashii will always have a response.

I'm curious about the sculpt of the figures' heads. I don't know if anybody will be able to answer until we get the figure. Will the front part of the pony tailed Super Saiyan head be able to go on the head that was revealed today?

Whis is gonna be the basic bare-bones release of this batch, kinda like Android 16. Didn't come with much, but was only released to compliment 17 & 18

it would be cool if he at least came with an Oracle Fish accessory.. give us something, Tamashii :/

His articulation is going to suck if they leave his bottom half alone. I don't understand why they would leave it alone. Yeah he may not move a lot in the movies and show but at least create layers.

The Oracle Fish would be fun. They can even give him sushi containers or something. Maybe that strawberry sundae Bulma made. Either all that or mark him around $35.

Back