S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally !!
WP_20150919_11_47_13_Pro.jpg

I'm seriously thinking about selling my MISB SS Vegeta and Trunks and getting the Premium Color versions to replace them. But looking at the Premium Color versions, Trunks looks like a real downgrade and I'm not sure about the new Vegeta. What do you guys think?

I'm seriously thinking about selling my MISB SS Vegeta and Trunks and getting the Premium Color versions to replace them. But looking at the Premium Color versions, Trunks looks like a real downgrade and I'm not sure about the new Vegeta. What do you guys think?

I like having complete, or at least nearly complete, collections. So I'd keep them unless I was ready to sell them all off.

well if you don't mind sacrificing a few accessories for a more basic look then by all means

well if you don't mind sacrificing a few accessories for a more basic look then by all means

I don't really care about the accessories--I'm more concerned that the paint colors look off on the new versions. Thoughts?

The old ones are both better imo. But that's taste to some degree. I do like PC Vegeta's popping blue more, but I also like shading and he seems to have less of that. His boottips... meh, they don't have lines and they're not the right shape anyway, does little to me. Why he has blue lines on his armour is a ? to me. Why Trunks' jacket is SO inaccurately blue, also a ? to me. Then there's trunks accessories.:slap On most points they're lesser imo. I like the shading og vegeta, og trunks and sdcc gohan have, with the whitening tips. Also don't like the more accentuated blacker mouth lines, remind me of the manga releases more.

I see no reason other than money to choose the PC versions over the OG ones. (Except vegeta's boottips if that accuracy means so much to someone.)

I must be the odd one out, because I think that Golden Frieza looks like crap. The paint looks like it's covered in scratches, and the purple skin has that authentic "cheaply made American action figure" look, complete with poorly captured facial expression. The laughing and screaming faces are the worst, with the screaming face looking less enraged and more mildly surprised, and the laughing face making Frieza look like a mentally deficient baboon.

Ahhh someone scored a SDCC Gohan for $30 on eBay just a few hours ago before I got to it!!! On the other hand, got me an original Trunks for $90 on eBay.

Back