S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it depends. I personally still prefer cloth capes that are wired and made from decent fabric, over plastic capes, though PAK's capes tend to be good actually .

i feel cloth only works on certain characters.. for instance like I said a cloth robe would be perfect for a Figuarts Ben Kenobi (and most Jedi in general). however i feel a cloth cape on lets say, Superman would look weird & awkward

supahman.png

^LMFAO

I personally think cloth capes can typically always work as long as they have a good wire framing within them. Cloth cloaks (for characters like Luke and Obi Wan) are pretty had to mess up on given that they aren't constricting enough to limit articulation.

Cloth capes can generally work, the only one I thought was done badly was Figma Thor, Christ, snagged a lot, didn't look right and attracted too much dust. Some of Hot Toys' capes don't work well, but they look nice.

Cloth capes can generally work, the only one I thought was done badly was Figma Thor, Christ, snagged a lot, didn't look right and attracted too much dust. Some of Hot Toys' capes don't work well, but they look nice.

I don't have many caped characters (Darth Vader, Tuxedo Mask, Batman) but after experiencing a well done cape in the Mafex, I'm all for them.

Piccolo could've had a nice cloth cape had they known how to do them back then. I would love the freedom to be able to have his cape flowing in the wind like a badass instead of just the one static pose it's in now. Gohan would've benefited from it too since personally with his cape on, his articulation is severely limited. His arms are stuck in place essentially and his head can barely be moved.

I don't have many caped characters (Darth Vader, Tuxedo Mask, Batman) but after experiencing a well done cape in the Mafex, I'm all for them.

Piccolo could've had a nice cloth cape had they known how to do them back then. I would love the freedom to be able to have his cape flowing in the wind like a badass instead of just the one static pose it's in now. Gohan would've benefited from it too since personally with his cape on, his articulation is severely limited. His arms are stuck in place essentially and his head can barely be moved.
Yeah I noticed Gohan's cape was VERY hard and limiting, maybe due to his small size. it wouldn't have been too bad to make him and Piccolo cloth capes, but I think it works for Piccolo at least. I don't see myself using it for Gohan much, even though I have a second Manga Gohan on the way for the cape pose.

Yeah Gohan's cape is fail, but I never use it and if I would, I wouldn't need flexibility much so never bothered me.

For me it's simple: it's all about execution. Both things can work great for me if they're well executed. In practice though, cloth has a lower ratio of being well done imo. But that's from the pov of how I set 'm up. And maybe also my demands for cloth, as I said, it should drap. And bendy wires I rarely see implemented below 10" scale.

Only thing that just doesn't work for me is a clear hybrid. Like Mafex vader haha. Btw Prod I think figuarts nailed the sculpt more than mafex has for vader. Still baffling how nobody fully nailed it though. Especially hasbro was a shock after the stormies and boba were on point. I do not understand how people can say black series vader is descent, the helmet and soft goods implementation are preposterously done.

Aren't there other pictures from dbz akiba showroom? I've seen trunks and goku in background of star wars pics...

I just don't buy hasbro. Period. They always find to make their products look cheap. Even the transformers masterpiece collection.

@Sil, I mostly based my decision on the scale. That amongst all other of Figuart Vader's problem was the worst for me. He also comes with a few extra accessories that I really like. Hopefully he turns out good (if he ever comes out lol). I just hope the rest of the Figuart Star Wars line is better scale than Vader was. They're coming full force (pun intended) with the line, I'd really like to be able to collect it without worrying about size issues

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I just don't buy hasbro. Period. They always find to make their products look cheap. Even the transformers masterpiece collection.

The Black Series is only good for one thing imo. Army building. Stormtroopers at $20 over $60-70 any day

I think Figuarts Star Wars is gonna be similar to Figuarts DBZ, in that some characters would be spot-on (Broly, Luke) whereas other characters would have questionable design choices such as scale (Android 16, Vader)

The Black Series is only good for one thing imo. Army building. Stormtroopers at $20 over $60-70 any day

I bought so many versions of stormtroopers, it doesn't even matter no more! Lol! I just got revoltech, revoltech bootleg and sh figuarts stormtrooper

I think Figuarts Star Wars is gonna be similar to Figuarts DBZ, in that some characters would be spot-on (Broly, Luke) whereas other characters would have questionable design choices such as scale (Android 16, Vader)

Well the good thing about Star Wars is that there's a good variety of figures to choose from so if one company messes up there's other options. DBZ ain't so lucky. Only a small handful of Jakks/Irwin figures can scale and look good with Figuarts.

I just don't buy hasbro. Period.

I have basically gone to this principle as well, with sole scarce exceptions for SW EU characters if they're well done. I will buy that black series Revan, I'd dare say no matter what.

@Prod so far imo SHF Star Wars is beginning extremely strong. They're nailing nearly everything except Vader and the stormie helmets, but, bit nitpicky. But yeah agreed if I would army build, BS is good enough. But I don't do that. I don't buy grunts. Except 501st clones if they do release a good Rex. Or ARC troopers. Again, special armoured EU chars, that's only thing I'll look to sw BS for.

Otherwise for me it's SHF, or nothing. With Jedi Luke and TPM Obi-Wan I already have my two favorite jedis, 1 for each trilogy. We should take this to the sw shf thread though, this is getting out of hand.

And yeah what crisis said, SHF has those hit and miss moments.

That scout trooper with speeder bike is really tempting. Seems to me shf star wars has fewer web exclusives as most of them are most likely gonna get reissued.

Honestly guys, said it before, but I think the model kit troopers are far better than even figuarts. If you can be bothered trimming and building them they are cheap, and spot on detail-wise. Seriously, the stormtrooper is less than the price of a black series and look at it!

Boba Fett, sandtroopers and the first order trooper is due out aswell. Hopefully they make some clones with decals to customize their look.

8cf1406cffa6d9ec8ed260423b4a9a49.jpg

e2b3f5c139afffe2dbc9d345ee32bc65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely can agree big d. I havent got one, but i've built bandai modelkits before, with the price, for army building purposes they cant be beat looks/price ratiowise. I used to have n aversion to kits, i think many afcollectors do, but bandai can make m very well and tamashii only seems to perfect it at that pricepoint. I don't see why you'd not use them to army build.

I'm loving their ship models myself.

As for the figures, I'm satisfied (mostly) with Black Series for armored figures and aliens, but I'm going Figuarts all the way for human characters and droids.

i would like to see more DBZ display photos from you guys :lecture

i tweak my display here n there almost everyday.. it's still not ready to be shown off yet

sometimes when i'm falling asleep at night, a crazy pose idea would pop in my head, then i would apply said pose to the character the next day with varying results

I dont plan on reposing my figures until the rest of this years figures are out. I have the ideas, but they require ssgss Goku, Gold Frieza et al :p

Back