S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen shots from the vid:

SSGSSSG%2001_zps9exqkjqx.jpg

SSGSSSG%2002_zpsswhbxpsj.jpg

Looks like a big mole on his face lol, but other than the color of his gi he looks awesome... Now only if we would of gotten an Adult Gohan with the purple Gi instead of the Goku one but oh well I suppose... Hopefully someday we will get it...

65413-1.jpg

make it happen tamashii!

I love the shading on the hair and the pants. I cant wait for this figure to come out also has anyone noticed the height difference?

Goku looks like Marge Simpson and Frieza looks like an Oscar. Lol!

Fox should make a dbz/simpsons crossover for jokes. Hah!

the Goku mold is starting to show its age. Wonder if Tamashii will ever create a brand new one from scratch?

Its a prototype, so they deliberately damage it to put off potential theives I believe.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Its a prototype, so they deliberately damage it to put off potential theives I believe.

lol no I meant like, just like the gi mold itself, the engineering. it's been recycled over n over..

1 thing that has irked me for quite a while is Goku's deltoids

sh.jpg

it's an eyesore for me how they stick out, i wish they were more natural-looking like they were in the initial prototype

TB-TamaN9.jpg

it's a minor issue I know, but i thought that by now they would've adjusted the deltoids so they look all the way flesh, otherwise the delts slightly sticking out breaks the illusion of a connected muscle for me

Sorry crisis that wasnt directed at you, I replied to brendan, but the post is gone, and now I look mental, thanks man! [emoji38]

Btw, they DID fix it for the ssj3 mold....then reverted back lol, mustve been cheaper to use the ssj mold i guess!

Sorry crisis that wasnt directed at you, I replied to brendan, but the post is gone, and now I look mental, thanks man! [emoji38]

Btw, they DID fix it for the ssj3 mold....then reverted back lol, mustve been cheaper to use the ssj mold i guess!

I'm still not sure how different the SSJ3 mold is, it doesn't seem so. also imo, the smiling face on the proto looks better, more natural looking.

SSGSS Goku, looks good, the shading is neat on the new head. Too bad they didn't include a recolored smirk face, but oh well, I like what I'm seeing.

For the mold, yeah, we really need a new one, it's way too outdated. A 2.0. would be nice and pretty simple for them to do, while going off their love of Goku.

I think plastic capes look better than cloth capes on most of the figures i've seen. The problem with Vader is that the cape is made of a sort of rubbery material with no articulation which makes it a pita to pose it.

The difference is most noticable side to side FSLAR:
2106FA94-BEF4-440C-B07A-2D9668050229.jpg

As you can see, ssj3s shoulders were slimmed down and dont stick out as much.

Goku looks like Marge Simpson and Frieza looks like an Oscar. Lol!

Fox should make a dbz/simpsons crossover for jokes. Hah!
Oh dear I don't know if I can unsee that now...:elefant

lmfao it's funny to suddenly see crisis post that when you and I have been mentioning this for like years.:lol
:offtopic:

i overlooked this until crisis quoted it. but tamashii do use cloth
S.H.Figuarts ???????? ???????? | ????

will they ever for star wars? maybe with their vader 2.0 like that omegamon. the first release had a plastic cape :dunno

DIGIMON-ADVENTURES-OMEGAMON-D-ARTS.jpg
6c9c88fbe60357db66c5cc01a71d62fc1438232192_full.jpg
Oh wow, I really didn't see that coming.... hm... I don't know... I'm not that much of a fan of it. I am a fan of cloth theoretically, but it rarely works well. Often it doesn't drape, the fabric is too thin and it just looks like... well a piece of fabric. Although Mafex Batman did it pretty well.

@Prodigiy you went for mafex vader over shf? Thing with that one is, it has a cloth cape but a plastic skirt. That I really can't stand. It's either/or for me. Sortof what hit the nail in the coffin with black series too for me. Combo of plastic and cloth capes etc doesn't work for me.
Recent images from Akiba Showroom:

You really know how to find that **** quickly!:lol

nothing beats neca's ghostface when combining plastic with cloth though!

scream_01.jpg

@Sil, yeah man I had the Figuarts Vader but he was a pain to pose. Also he was so short it was irritating. I then sold him and pre-ordered Mafex Vader since he's taller and imo looks better overall. His release keeps getting pushed back so who knows when I'll get him [emoji17]

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

i feel cloth only works on certain characters.. for instance like I said a cloth robe would be perfect for a Figuarts Ben Kenobi (and most Jedi in general). however i feel a cloth cape on lets say, Superman would look weird & awkward

Back