S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up caving on SDCC Goku, its the definitive version of the character to me so I just couldn't skip it. I've got some upcoming HT preorders too so that may have been a mistake!

Cant believe I missed a Wal-Mart discussion. I actually did a dissertation on their international market entry strategy many years ago :rotfl

Finally paid off my last payment for my hot toys ironman mk43 figure so my wallet is a little freed up to buy other stuff. Gotta call sideshow to delay payment for mk7 stealth by a couple of weeks since i am just starting a new job this week.

Still no word on sdcc 2015 goku at bbts yet.

Had to share this screen cap from ep 5:

vlcsnap-2015-08-17-14h56m19s437.jpg

Forgot to mention I really like those glass shelves too :clap I've recently modded my Detolfs so I have 4 spare glass panels to use and I've been thinking of doing something like that.

I've only paid deposits for most of my HT stuff and its going to start releasing in the UK soon. CHristmas is gonna be great for me this year but rubbish for my poor wife!

That art is just inexcusable, I'm reaching the point where I'm just tempted to give up on DBS entirely if it carries on like this.

To be fair, that bad animation is representative of only about a minute of the overall episode. Fans hold Dragon Ball to a high standard so most of us expect everything to be 100% flawless, but when the material is only 99%, we notice that 1% isn't up to par & blow it out of proportion.

The show was only announced several months ago & it just premiered (i'm almost certain the only reason we're getting a new series after decades is because of the positive reviews BoG got & they realized there's still a demand for new animated material), give it a chance to breathe guys :/ it's only 6 episodes deep. That's 6. SIX. We have potentially YEARS ahead of us.

I see your point and it is early days for the show. But if I started watching a new show of this standard I'd probably have given up by now. Only reason I haven't is that its DB, and I'm already invested and really want it to be decent. Hopefully all the negative feedback it's been receiving will have an impact on upcoming episodes :pray:

Also if it didn't improve and I stopped watching I'd still follow feedback here and just pick it up again when/if it improved.

The video I posted by Rhymestyle detailed the reasons nicely, but basically its Toeis fault for hiring a novice animator to do a damn fight scene! They at least could have given him the scenes leading up to it. Toei really should have more thought being put into who gets to animate each episode in future, and not just hand it out to whoever is available at that time (though I might be asking too much in honesty since i'm pretty sure that is exactly the norm in how anime is made in Japan in general :p)

Gohan has always been built up and then been nothing when he was a baby and he almost destroyed Gokus brother raditz . then he showed some of that inner power to vegeta then nothing . then he showed ginue force some ..then nothing . then when boku got a hold of him he trained him for cell but then he went back to studying ..... then he went mystic then back to studying LOL! so its alway been like that . Im not expecting them to do that again in DBS but who knows? i just think they might show Gotens inner power he's more like Goku , look how fast he went SSJ i know trunks did too ....

I saw DBS ep 6 subbed, screw it. Honestly I'm at the point of saying **** it to all of this new material.
Spoiler Spoiler:

You could freakin CUT OUT the entire buu era and you'd pretty much could just fill in the blanks of what happened when you start DBS. Except who the fat pink idiot is. (Goku got a new kid, obviously trunks is born in this timeline. Gohan quit fighting and married. Krillin same thing. Bla bla) And now it's basically become a parody of itself. Right... What a waste.

/rant

Not all the fights in DB had depth or wisdom. Like when bulma was turned into a carrot and goku and yamcha had to fight a rabbit. Which then ended in goku putting him on the moon to make marsh mellows. There was no depth to that fight. It was just "turn bulma back".

Unlock your inner Z fighter

So do you guys think this is legit or...?
Bandai Tamashii SHF s H Figuarts Dragon Ball Z Android No 18 Action Figure | eBay
$25 for Android 18 shipped is pretty cheap, nay, stupid cheap. The seller also has Vegito for $24 and SSGSS Goku for $23. I'm pretty confused.

If they're not even going to show you pictures of the actual figure it's fake. Also there's no reason why it'd take till October to deliver a figure that's already out.

But but... 99% positive feedback... And it says delivery between September 3rd and October 12th.... I think I might take the gamble. I got $25 to spare. Worst case scenario, eBay refunds me.

To be fair, that bad animation is representative of only about a minute of the overall episode. Fans hold Dragon Ball to a high standard so most of us expect everything to be 100% flawless, but when the material is only 99%, we notice that 1% isn't up to par & blow it out of proportion.

I noticed far more than 1%. Every time there was action with quick movement the animation got sloppy. I'd rather they release the show every two weeks and take a bit more time to polish up the animation (and the stories tbh).

I'm assuming soon the show will diverge from BoG, at least I hope so. Maybe Vegeta will go super pink.

But but... 99% positive feedback... And it says delivery between September 3rd and October 12th.... I think I might take the gamble. I got $25 to spare. Worst case scenario, eBay refunds me.

May luck be on your side.

I am liking those new Shodo figures. Any idea when/where they will go up for pre-order?
Thanks Shonen. I messaged the seller about the SSGSS Goku to see if it's a deposit or full price.

New Shodo Neo figures for December:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope Tamashii sees these photos. If the Shodo Neo figures can add that level of detail to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta's hair, there's absolutely no reason Tamashii can't.

As usual, thanks for the photos/source Orbital Frame!

Back