S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to bet...

I'm afraid this is slightly inaccurate, Vegeta didn't start wearing the gold boot tips until after he left the Room of Spirit & Time/Hyperbolic Time Chamber. All the times before that he had white boots

Random, but one thing I like about this line is that they're at least they're sticking with adult versions of characters atm from dragon ball z on. One thing that really killed my hype for the D-Arts Megaman figures was them building stream with x characters then jumping to megaman 8 for twp characters then jumping to mega man zero. It's been awful and they've pretty much acted like they're allergic to money by not sticking with x and going straight into the mavericks after x and zero... And then ain villain Sigma was released as adamned figuarts Zero.

Still kinda irks me how Tamashii has apparently given up on their MMX line. So many awesome character designs they could've took advantage of. Although I'm afraid had they continued, then we would be getting nothing but X's various armors he had throughout the series, rather than actual Mavericks & side characters :/

I bought ss3 datong and i tried putting the head on a normal goku but the peg on goku neck is too small to fit on ss3 head without coming off everytime. My question is if anybody owns a ss goku and a datong ss3 are they compatible when putting datong head on ssgoku body, is the peg on ss goku the right size for datong ss3. I dont own a ss goku not yet so idk.

No,no nonono NO. Please, no talk of retools for sdcc for the love of God! [emoji38]

Exclusive retools are the whole issue behind MexiGoku! Try not to ask for them you will only give Tamashii ideas. If they release Majin f#@&ing Vegeta as an sdcc im done with this line!

Still kinda irks me how Tamashii has apparently given up on their MMX line. So many awesome character designs they could've took advantage of. Although I'm afraid had they continued, then we would be getting nothing but X's various armors he had throughout the series, rather than actual Mavericks & side characters :/
Considering the Ultimate Armor version has sold poorly, this might be true. It's a shame though on the Megaman lines as a whole, I'd love to see them return to the classic series to give us Protoman, or maybe more from MMX.

No,no nonono NO. Please, no talk of retools for sdcc for the love of God! [emoji38]

Exclusive retools are the whole issue behind MexiGoku! Try not to ask for them you will only give Tamashii ideas. If they release Majin f#@&ing Vegeta as an sdcc im done with this line!

Watch them do ssgss vegeta as the sdcc exclusive because 'the west loves vegeta so much'.

I bought ss3 datong and i tried putting the head on a normal goku but the peg on goku neck is too small to fit on ss3 head without coming off everytime. My question is if anybody owns a ss goku and a datong ss3 are they compatible when putting datong head on ssgoku body, is the peg on ss goku the right size for datong ss3. I dont own a ss goku not yet so idk.

It's a little loose but not too loose that it would pop off without any efforts. Mine fits on Normal Goku just fine as well, not perfect but it holds position :)

09-origcanpose.jpg

MsNg3zN.jpg

Mov37H9.jpg

There's no way to predict how the line will go with potential new movies and the upcoming series. For all we know SDCC retools may be the only way to get alternate outfits like Vegeta's Namek armor (does anyone really see them making Namek Vegeta a priority for a normal release at this point?). It's not an ideal situation but I'd say it's better than not getting it at all.

There's no way to predict how the line will go with potential new movies and the upcoming series. For all we know SDCC retools may be the only way to get alternate outfits like Vegeta's Namek armor (does anyone really see them making Namek Vegeta a priority for a normal release at this point?). It's not an ideal situation but I'd say it's better than not getting it at all.

True. With the Mexican Goku/Namek Goku reveal, anything goes. I honestly doubt we're gonna be seeing just simple repaints at this point. I don't think it's gonna be a Vegeta figure since we just got one last year, let alone SSGSS Vegeta, since Japan gets screwed with that. My money's on it being Cell Saga Trunks. Piccolo, Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta already got their exclusives. It's high time Trunks got one.

If you think about it, they produce a set number of SDCC figures. Once those sell, whether it be at the event or through Bluefin Premium, that's it. There profit stops when that last unit sells. Looking at it through a business perspective, they don't care if it's a repaint or a slight retool. Whether it's Goku with a belt or Goku painted red, they'll only produce a set amount of them. They've already acknowledged that they're running out of repaint options and showing us Namek Goku means the SDCC will be a retool. For the collector's sake, it shouldn't be a main variation of an existing character let alone a completely new sculpt but I'm placing my bets on it being a retool. I think according to them, there's nothing to repaint at this point. They seem to be quite happy with the way SSJ3 Goku, Cell, and Krillin came out, since these seem to be the only current figures eligible for a repaint.

It's a little loose but not too loose that it would pop off without any efforts. Mine fits on Normal Goku just fine as well, not perfect but it holds position :)

09-origcanpose.jpg

MsNg3zN.jpg

Mov37H9.jpg
That's weird maybe i was just unlucky with the datong ss3 i got. I cannot move the head to the sides without it falling off. Any ideas on what to put on the hole of the ss3 head to make it hold onto the peg better

I was going to say they could re-use the Resurrection F release (I know they haven't done that) because Vegeta's armor is the same but with different colors and then Saiyan Saga/Super Saiyan Vegeta arms and legs. Then I realized the neck will be different for the Resurrection F figure so it may make it more difficult where they would have to re-sculpt it.

Edited: There's no chest/peck separation so that throws that idea out the window.

That's weird maybe i was just unlucky with the datong ss3 i got. I cannot move the head to the sides without it falling off. Any ideas on what to put on the hole of the ss3 head to make it hold onto the peg better

You can try to put a little polymer clay as a filler in the hole. Polymer clay will not harden, so it's easy to remove once you decide to put the original head back to its body. :) That's what I put in my Datong Vegeta's head because it's loose. Just a tiny pinch is all you need.

If it's just SDCC then i'm fine with it cause most online retailers carry those.

You can try to put a little polymer clay as a filler in the hole. Polymer clay will not harden, so it's easy to remove once you decide to put the original head back to its body. :) That's what I put in my Datong Vegeta's head because it's loose. Just a tiny pinch is all you need.
Thanks! I will try that

The SDCC Exclusive, or any non-web exclusive, that is more than just a repaint is not good for this line.

True. With the Mexican Goku/Namek Goku reveal, anything goes. I honestly doubt we're gonna be seeing just simple repaints at this point. I don't think it's gonna be a Vegeta figure since we just got one last year, let alone SSGSS Vegeta, since Japan gets screwed with that.

And Japan didn't get screwed with mexigoku?:lol I agree with Timone that for more off beat choices like a second namek outfit vegeta, imo, an event exclusive is okay. The only reason I'm angry at this mexico choice is because it's a staple outfit that nearly everyone wants across the globe. But a lot of retools don't have that mass appeal. Even entirely new characters don't. Except majin vegeta, like big D said, if that's an event exclusive retool tamashii's insane. But otherwise the whole event exclusive thing for me is solely like, don't do **** that nearly everyone wants and isn't available otherwise. That's just lame from every pov, even from theirs.

But yeah at this point imo nearly anything could happen. To me mexigoku was a choice as much contrary to japan's interest as it was to anyone else so even in that they don't seem consistent anymore to me. I'm sure Tamashii doesn't randomly chuck stuff out but I feel there's factors that go into deciding their releases that we don't know. That we actually can't and probably won't ever know. Otherwise I have no reasonable explanation for their choices in what to release and especially what not to. From the outside in I don't see any consistency anymore.

And Japan didn't get screwed with mexigoku?:lol I agree with Timone that for more off beat choices like a second namek outfit vegeta, imo, an event exclusive is okay. The only reason I'm angry at this mexico choice is because it's a staple outfit that nearly everyone wants across the globe. But a lot of retools don't have that mass appeal. Even entirely new characters don't. Except majin vegeta, like big D said, if that's an event exclusive retool tamashii's insane. But otherwise the whole event exclusive thing for me is solely like, don't do **** that nearly everyone wants and isn't available otherwise. That's just lame from every pov, even from theirs.

But yeah at this point imo nearly anything could happen. To me mexigoku was a choice as much contrary to japan's interest as it was to anyone else so even in that they don't seem consistent anymore to me. I'm sure Tamashii doesn't randomly chuck stuff out but I feel there's factors that go into deciding their releases that we don't know. That we actually can't and probably won't ever know. Otherwise I have no reasonable explanation for their choices in what to release and especially what not to. From the outside in I don't see any consistency anymore.

MexiGoku definitely does screw Japan as well, sorry if I wasn't clear :lol The Japanese don't really care about the anime as much as the international market does so this anime colored Goku screws that market more than Japan but it still screws em either way. For that reason I do feel that we will get a manga variation of Namek Goku, if simply to please Japan.

It's much harder to guess what their next move will be now that this Goku is in the picture. It may seem like a simple retool and repaint but it has a lot of implications for the future of the line, namely it's exclusives. I'm mad because I really wanted this specific Goku in this specific color scheme but now it's gonna cost so much more cuz of it's crazy exclusivity. It's messed up to ALL collectors of this line. It's a highly sought after Goku with the perfect color scheme and it's soooo limited. I'll still try to get it but I would've preferred along with everyone else that it would've had a wider release (including that face).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally scored a newly sealed 100% frieza from an amazing place called FrankandSons. First time visit and tons to do there, just wish that I could have spent just a little bit more time browsing and emptying out of my wallet. The company I brought along got impatient after my detail search for figuart figures.20150509_140642.jpg. Sad to say that they didn't have SS Vegeta, might have to bite the bullet and pay out the a** for him. Anyway can't wait to open him up and smell that new toy smell.

Back