S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the deal with those new battle goku and ss vegeta figures? Is that a new figure line? Are there interchangable parts like with full size figuarts figures? Those pics above look like there are diff arm and leg poses but the figure in the box in the above picture. Wonder if theyll sell diff versions of the same figure with diff pose parts

Sorry I wasn't specific with my last post. I was talking about bbts had ssj3 goku up for pre-order. I wonder if it was a different version, since I already have the original.Now im hearing there is a Trunks up too , which is also confusing as I have the original. =P

Wonder if these figures are part of a new line:
YqI2Oyhy5SESUb75kE5Qhg.jpg

Wg1.kRay7ZGYK1If5U7rJA.jpg

IpJZ810ZRgt2U077S3gPyQ.jpg

Amazon has had trunks up for preorder within the past few weeks too. I believe it's just them replenishing their stock with the option of a preorder (which is a bit weird to me but okay).

Maybe it's a way to judge just how much of their stock to order?

Smart for buisness. Why let the owners get their money back on the second market when they can get more money on a re-release.
Time for a Piccalo re-release.

Wonder if these figures are part of a new line:
YqI2Oyhy5SESUb75kE5Qhg.jpg

Wg1.kRay7ZGYK1If5U7rJA.jpg

IpJZ810ZRgt2U077S3gPyQ.jpg

Goku and frieza have been confirmed as figuarts zero (basically highly detailed statues), so I would guess the grey ones are protos of what may come next; getting a bit worried that the zeros are getting so much attention, as thats what killed off the poseable figuarts of one piece.....

Not excited bout unarticulated statues; they should just stick to the figuarts line

I also have no interest in unarticulated figures, but the unarticulated figures are a big hit in japan. No matter what anime series, the statues are always the best sellers. I found it confusing at first as well, with a series like naruto, the articulated Naruto figures didnt sell well in Japan, but the statue figures of Naruto characters sell like hot cakes. Meanwhile other anime series, those a little less popular than Naruto, like Kenichi HSD, or Soul eater, these series will likely never have articulated figures made of the characters in them and yet there are unarticulated figures being made of characters from these shows.

When I asked the reason for this, I was told that the statues are simply more detailed, and easy to display, they dont break and their joints dont get loose, the overall designed isnt hindered by 'hidden' articulated joints.. Having a statue is, in a sense, the only way to have a "perfect" figure, without any major flaws that we see in articulated lines, so in a sense you could say that the Japanese are only interested in having perfect figures.

My old FMW Hayabusa figure (wrestling) from Japan, was actually my favorite. Zero articulation, but for its time iys detail was awesome.

But, im all for the articulation now. Statue is only one dimentional. Atleast with the figures, you can change the pose, face, hair, etc...

Exactly jayrod; a statue you will get bored with, but a figure you can just repose. Sure they have articulation lines but with figures like figuarts you have them hidden well, so I dont see the point.

Ya i agree if they start making the dbz figures into statues i will be VERY disappointed, there are already other lines that have very nice statues of dbz, we don't need another..

Do you guys know what paint they use on these action figures? I was going to paint some sideburns on trunks XD. To the convo. above, I would only get a female dbz statue lol.

Do you guys know what paint they use on these action figures? I was going to paint some sideburns on trunks XD. To the convo. above, I would only get a female dbz statue lol.

Im not sure what type of paint they use on the figures, but im pretty sure that the paint is applied with an air brush. If youre doing a small detail like side burns you could use a sharpie, it works fine. Or, you could buy testors acrylic paint and paint the side burns on with a paint brush.

I also have zero interest in owning any of the dbz statues, I'm actually contemplating selling my sdcc goku, and piccolo figures >.<

Im not sure what type of paint they use on the figures, but im pretty sure that the paint is applied with an air brush. If youre doing a small detail like side burns you could use a sharpie, it works fine. Or, you could buy testors acrylic paint and paint the side burns on with a paint brush.

I also have zero interest in owning any of the dbz statues, I'm actually contemplating selling my sdcc goku, and piccolo figures >.<

How much for the sdcc goku( keeping in mind on amazon its like 150$)?

Back