S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I have to agree with you. Oh well, it's still Vegeta!
More importantly, it's still a form SSJ Vegeta. Helped out greatly by the fact that Majin Vegeta was never outside of SSJ. We could possibly find some way to mod a second one, and get a regular Majin Buu saga Vegeta. Heck, Tamashii could be clever, and release two separate ones - one that has different accessories (like effect parts, with Majin Vegeta meant for Final Atonement and regular being general Vegeta)

hello guys, i had fun back reading and want to thank for the information/opinions here. really helpful :)

got a few questions..

Is SSJ Vegeta and Trunks were tagged as Bandai Online/Web Exclusive?
Is being Online/Web Exclusive the reason why these figures aren't having any re-releases?
How many percent do you think that these figures will be re-release?

Appreciate the answers in advance!

Have you looked into DaTong Super Saiyan Vegeta? It's actually great quality for a bootleg if you don't want to spend the $200+ for the authentic one. Many on this forum have expressed that they enjoy it, including myself.

They still can make SDCC Exclusives of SSJ Vegeta and Trunks

Trunks is strictly Anime correct already.

Super Saiyan Vegeta, I believe, they can get away with. Slightly lighten up the uniform and slap some tips on his boots.

I don't think we'll ever get sdcc ex's that are generally popular. We'll get stuff aimed at western audiences andthat usually means tied specifically to the show, not the manga.

Arlia vegeta kinda proved that to me. Not expecting much from sdcc ex's anymore.

SDCC Exclusives will always be Anime versions of previously released characters. Which is why I have no idea what the hell they're going to do next year. I'd love to know if they even do.

So, I'm a little unclear on the Web Exclusives...is the Figuarts ENTIRE DBZ series an Online/Web Exclusive IN Japan? Which were the Japanese Regular Releases?

Because it seems like with the exception of the SDCC Exclusives, EVERY figure has been a "regular" release here in the USA when Bluefin first picked up distributing them. I believe Regular Goku was a web exclusive but he's a "Regular" release here. Also noticed in the other Figuarts series (like Power Rangers), there are "Web Exclusives" that have been shipped out in MASSIVE quantities over here in the West (like Tommy's White Ranger & Green Ranger who are insanely popular here).

Ot might even be a liscensing problem with toei, but I think formost it's a problem of domestic vs foreign demand. They can't mke omething that's a stapple to h franchise an american exclusive.

Which I honestly don't mind because wouldn't that restrict the amount produced? Did SDCC Vegeta have the same amount produced to regular Scouter Vegeta?

So, I'm a little unclear on the Web Exclusives...is the Figuarts ENTIRE DBZ series an Online/Web Exclusive IN Japan? Which were the Japanese Regular Releases?

Because it seems like with the exception of the SDCC Exclusives, EVERY figure has been a "regular" release here in the USA when Bluefin first picked up distributing them. I believe Regular Goku was a web exclusive but he's a "Regular" release here. Also noticed in the other Figuarts series (like Power Rangers), there are "Web Exclusives" that have been shipped out in MASSIVE quantities over here in the West (like Tommy's White Ranger & Green Ranger who are insanely popular here).

My understanding is that Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, and Super Saiyan Gohan were part of the regular S.H. Figuarts line and then after the demand for others, especially in the West, they decided to make everything after that Web Exclusives.

I have many problems with their Web Exclusive ideology but I won't get into that.

More importantly, it's still a form SSJ Vegeta. Helped out greatly by the fact that Majin Vegeta was never outside of SSJ. We could possibly find some way to mod a second one, and get a regular Majin Buu saga Vegeta. Heck, Tamashii could be clever, and release two separate ones - one that has different accessories (like effect parts, with Majin Vegeta meant for Final Atonement and regular being general Vegeta)

It'll be interesting how they put the "M" on his forehead. Indent, outdent, or just paint?

I just wished theyd communicate clearly about it. That's the only thing I take issue with. When demand is this high, communicate with your consumers what the hell's going on. What to expect.

Japanese Culture is somewhat "slow". They don't respond to change well and they're somewhat "insular". Though I believe this is changing with the younger generations coming up. And Bandai has experience with the American market however perhaps there's a reluctance to push further. I hate to sound cliche, but the best way to show we want MORE is to keep voicing our opinion and also speak with the language everyone understands:

226116439_e851beef.gif

dolla-dolla-bills-yall-o.gif

6554430_f520.jpg

My understanding is that Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, and Super Saiyan Gohan were part of the regular S.H. Figuarts line and then after the demand for others, especially in the West, they decided to make everything after that Web Exclusives.

I have many problems with their Web Exclusive ideology but I won't get into that.

Please explain why they went with this "Web Exclusive" ideology?

Seems to me the best way to get your product to consumers IN JAPAN...is to keep the figures ON the shelves at retailers. I understand importing is a different story here in the States. But it sounds like after the popularity grew, Bandai/Tamashii decided to PULL/STOP putting DBZ Figuarts out in JAPANESE stores?

Japanese Culture is somewhat "slow". They don't respond to change well and they're somewhat "insular". Though I believe this is changing with the younger generations coming up. And Bandai has experience with the American market however perhaps there's a reluctance to push further. I hate to sound cliche, but the best way to show we want MORE is to keep voicing our opinion and also speak with the language everyone understands:

"Insular," to me, is the appropriate word on how I view Tamashii in terms of supply and demand. Money doesn't seem to be the driving force behind their business. If it was, they would be re-releasing figures that are in extremely high demand and gain more profits. Apparently, as I've been told by a few people extreme collectors, it's better for them to keep their word on exclusives than cater to the actual demand.

Please explain why they went with this "Web Exclusive" ideology?

Seems to me the best way to get your product to consumers IN JAPAN...is to keep the figures ON the shelves at retailers. I understand importing is a different story here in the States. But it sounds like after the popularity grew, Bandai/Tamashii decided to PULL/STOP putting DBZ Figuarts out in JAPANESE stores?

I'm not entirely sure how it lead to "Web Exclusive" but I know that Tamashii cares for their collector's market. Maybe being a "Web Exclusive" caters more to the "collector" demand?

Ok here goes;

The dragonball line started in Japan with ssj Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo as regular releases, but poor sales almost ended the line. Bluefin talked Tamashii into continuing the line by importing the figures to America, but tamashii only allowed it on the condition that they were restricted to web exclusives. They arent full releases in America either, they are simply imported to select stores and websites. Thats why only ssj Goku and Piccolo have been rereleased so far, and Gohan is the only other figure in the line that could be without issues.

"Insular," to me, is the appropriate word on how I view Tamashii in terms of supply and demand. Money doesn't seem to be the driving force behind their business. If it was, they would be re-releasing figures that are in extremely high demand and gain more profits. Apparently, as I've been told by a few people extreme collectors, it's better for them to keep their word on exclusives than cater to the actual demand.

True and Japan also has a different business ideology than America does. They're more focused on "keeping their word" and honor. They also tend to shower praises and be overly polite to their customers even when they tend not to follow through on any possibilities. So that response is reflected and translated differently here in the States. Their businesses are also more like a "family", and they probably don't want to push for more if they're fully not capable of getting more out of a lower number of employees. That whole culture and business mindset likely plays a lot into their decisions when it comes to "supply and demand".

Last thing we need to hear is about a Bandai executive committing hara-kiri cause he couldn't get a Figuarts figure out on time! :lol

Ok here goes;

The dragonball line started in Japan with ssj Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo as regular releases, but poor sales almost ended the line. Bluefin talked Tamashii into continuing the line by importing the figures to America, but tamashii only allowed it on the condition that they were restricted to web exclusives. They arent full releases in America either, they are simply imported to select stores and websites. Thats why only ssj Goku and Piccolo have been rereleased so far, and Gohan is the only other figure in the line that could be without issues.

Bluefin talked Tamashii into continuing the line? Wow, I never knew that. So, the American demand saved the line?

How do the SDCC Exclusives work? Are they the opposite of a regular release? Where they're only released by Bluefin in America? (I know it sounds like a stupid question since the boxes say "US Exclusive")

They're taking their sweet a** time with Gohan. -_- But, all in all, I'll keep looking forward to him being re-released so I can buy a few and be grateful.

Thanks, Big Deano!

It'll be interesting how they put the "M" on his forehead. Indent, outdent, or just paint?
An outdent could be interesting. Maybe some sort of tab that attaches to the hair or something, like the halo for SSJ3 Goku. I know that some Figmas/Nendoriods with glasses have indents in the hair/head sculpts to put the glasses in no problem. The indent would be easy to do with Goku, Gohan, Trunks or even Goten's hair styles, as the bangs allow for a lot. Vegeta's widow's peak (probably why his faceplates are so different) makes this very tricky however. The indent for the scouter on Normal Vegeta was easy to do due to the position, and even could be hid from some angles.

What they could do with Majin Vegeta is make it so it has clasps that attach, or maybe some indent on the forehead itself, something like that.

SDCC releases are just special exclusives for san diego comiccon, they arent sold anywhere else, not by bluefin anyway. They only exception is excess stock which they sell to stores like BBTS and through their own site.

Ok here goes;

So Bluefin saved the line? Neat, that's quite interesting overall. The 'exclusive only' term kinda blows though, I wish they didn't really do it. But it is what it is.
True and Japan also has a different business ideology than America does. They're more focused on "keeping their word" and honor. They also tend to shower praises and be overly polite to their customers even when they tend not to follow through on any possibilities. So that response is reflected and translated differently here in the States. Their businesses are also more like a "family", and they probably don't want to push for more if they're fully not capable of getting more out of a lower number of employees. That whole culture and business mindset likely plays a lot into their decisions when it comes to "supply and demand".

Last thing we need to hear is about a Bandai executive committing hara-kiri cause he couldn't get a Figuarts figure out on time! :lol
Japan is indeed about honor, you can see this in a lot of media like movies. That might be the sole reason for no re-releases, perhaps. I have noticed that Japanese tend to be family-like as well in some cases actually, when I was at that Japanese marketplace with my friends, I kinda got that vibe from the stores and everything.

Exactly. Which doesn't make sense to me, or maybe it does and I just find it ridiculous, since I've been taught that you supply the demand rather than a select demand. I understand the politeness to their customers, a lot of businesses can follow in that step. Hm, that's interesting. I never thought about the employees behind it. It's just strange being in many Economics classes and learning our Supply and Demand method and trying to conform them to Japanese economics.

I had to look up that last part. Haha, that was good.

An outdent could be interesting. Maybe some sort of tab that attaches to the hair or something, like the halo for SSJ3 Goku. I know that some Figmas/Nendoriods with glasses have indents in the hair/head sculpts to put the glasses in no problem. The indent would be easy to do with Goku, Gohan, Trunks or even Goten's hair styles, as the bangs allow for a lot. Vegeta's widow's peak (probably why his faceplates are so different) makes this very tricky however. The indent for the scouter on Normal Vegeta was easy to do due to the position, and even could be hid from some angles.

What they could do with Majin Vegeta is make it so it has clasps that attach, or maybe some indent on the forehead itself, something like that.

Those are some pretty good ideas. I can see Vegeta's widow's peak making it difficult. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. If they're going strictly for a Majin Vegeta, I hope they come up with a cool way to implement the "M" rather than just paint.

Back