S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC releases are just special exclusives for san diego comiccon, they arent sold anywhere else, not by bluefin anyway. They only exception is excess stock which they sell to stores like BBTS and through their own site.

Oh okay, that makes sense. It was funny seeing Vegeta up for sale about a day and then sell out. I hope everybody who wanted one was able to get one.

What Big D said, although I've never seen proof that the actual production units are the same between japan and bluefin's american run, not even between any given release.

All we know is that the line isn't regularly released like say Kamen Rider, and their company policy (which they broke with ZERO Goku) is to not rerelease web exclusives. Ever.

And we do know first hand from interviews that they're internally debating this rule right now, but last tweet about it said it's going to stay very exceptional if at all. Bluefin's open to smuggling rereleases in by small retools, but we've never heard tamashii's standpoint on this. They feel it betrays collectors.

And to a certain point that's true, because it's misinformation.

The reality is we're ****ed. Tamashii's ****ed, everyone is ****ed, because japan let the line die once and the japan interest just isn't there to get it into regular released production runs.

I don't see Tamashii inherently changing their company policy, they'd have to do it across the board and there's no way they're doing that.

And I think rereleasing ZERO ssj Goku was a really dirty move, sorry to say it from the larger perspective. It gives vague hope where, in fact, I fear there is none. And makes the market even more susceptible to speculation.

They really, really need to fix this publicly, make a public statement: either web exclusive is web exclusive and that is IT, FOREVER, PERIOD. Or open it up to market demand and legitimise the hope for rereleases by waving that rule. Or upgrade the DBZ line back to regular releases (which won't happen seeing japans interest).

Three simple, fair options. But so long as they don't communicate anything, the longer they don't, the lower my respect for the company's way of doing business becomes. I don't care HOW they adress it, whatever they feel is best, their company, make brilliant stuff, their choice when to produce what and based on what, but at the very least actually address the issue at hand communicatively.

They'll most likely just paint the M on Vegeta's forehead, it's cheaper & we'll be satisfied regardless :wink1:

Great find :hi5: 18's accessories is pretty neat. Pegs on his crossed arms though? That's new, quite interesting. His final production piece is looking good, not too bad. That said, now I really need to get Normal Goku and 18 :lol

@ Silrian: I think the gun in the holster can't be removed. They probably couldn't find a way to make it removable easily

I have the replica set of Dragon Balls and unfortunately they're way too big to scale with Figuarts, even considering how big the Namek balls are compared to the earth-sized ones. They fit perfectly in your hands, so that means they're to scale with us regular-sized humans instead of action figures lol

I actually have found a set of Dragon Balls that could pass for the Namek versions for our Figuarts. Unfortunately I can't upload photos via my phone so when I get home (Sunday afternoon) I'll post em so you guys can judge for yourselves!
Awesome bro thanks for the pic, just ordered some 205 cm ones which im thinking will work well for Namek one, Ill post pics to let u guys know.. Ill be buying the keychain ones for sure

I think Pwn said, confirmed, or was it wolvie? Tgat the main focus will shift to the buu era, but with continual sidesteps into other eras.

Considering we have 16 for 2915, and we already saw vegito, I'm nit xpecting anything non-buu for next year besides 16 and rereleases (manga gohan mainly).

I'm preparing for the worst: that I'll all but quit collecting this line for a while, if most releases are buu era ones.

Apart from nappa, tien and maaaaaaaaaaaybe a new trunks I don't epect much pre-cell releases.:(

N yeap that was me and your correct haha. I say as long as we get the characters we want I dont care in what order they are released

I could only imagine all the unpainted prototypes of characters that are just sitting at Tamashii warehouse factory collecting dust :thud:

Krillin and Android 18 are both 10% off now at Barnes and Noble. Also, here is a code for an addition 10% off on one item. J3P4X4Y. Free shipping too.

Just ordered extras of each and it came out to $75 with tax.

I don't see Tamashii inherently changing their company policy, they'd have to do it across the board and there's no way they're doing that.

And I think rereleasing ZERO ssj Goku was a really dirty move, sorry to say it from the larger perspective. It gives vague hope where, in fact, I fear there is none. And makes the market even more susceptible to speculation.

They really, really need to fix this publicly, make a public statement: either web exclusive is web exclusive and that is IT, FOREVER, PERIOD. Or open it up to market demand and legitimise the hope for rereleases by waving that rule. Or upgrade the DBZ line back to regular releases (which won't happen seeing japans interest).

Three simple, fair options. But so long as they don't communicate anything, the longer they don't, the lower my respect for the company's way of doing business becomes. I don't care HOW they adress it, whatever they feel is best, their company, make brilliant stuff, their choice when to produce what and based on what, but at the very least actually address the issue at hand communicatively.

Well perhaps Bluefin has convinced Bandai to treat the US market base differently than the Japanese one and seeing as it's a re-release to another customer base, Bandai isn't in fact "betraying" anyone since the original Japanese market is NOT getting another release.

Therefore, it's a different policy and slightly different mindset when dealing OUTSIDE Japan. This is not abnormal for any company to do.

Looking on the Tamashii Web store, Android 17 has "sold out". And I'm sure Bluefin is deep in Bandai's ear to remind them of the demand of this line in the States. Why would they continue making new figures if the line wasn't drawing some sort of profit? When a massive online retailer like Amazon contacts Bluefin for more DBZ Figuarts, you better believe that Bluefin is sharing those numbers with Bandai and that's why they're "debating" their policies internally.

Well perhaps Bluefin has convinced Bandai to treat the US market base differently than the Japanese one and seeing as it's a re-release to another customer base, Bandai isn't in fact "betraying" anyone since the original Japanese market is NOT getting another release.

Therefore, it's a different policy and slightly different mindset when dealing OUTSIDE Japan. This is not abnormal for any company to do.

Looking on the Tamashii Web store, Android 17 has "sold out". And I'm sure Bluefin is deep in Bandai's ear to remind them of the demand of this line in the States. Why would they continue making new figures if the line wasn't drawing some sort of profit? When a massive online retailer like Amazon contacts Bluefin for more DBZ Figuarts, you better believe that Bluefin is sharing those numbers with Bandai and that's why they're "debating" their policies internally.

Hopefully those numbers only continue to rise. Seeing Broly on Amazon back in July got me interested in this line. I'm ordering at least two Brolys and I've heard some other people are doing the same. Let's get them numbers rising!

Would Vegito come with a normal head as well or just Super Saiyan?

To me, Trunks and Gohan seem to be the best two saiyans made at this point. I like all of them but to include a transformation within the same box is amazing. I can understand why Vegeta and Goku don't come with an included transformation but Vegito, and even possible Goten and Trunks, should be given both heads.

Well after discussing all this, now we see why Bandai is making characters like Broly, Vegito and whoever else is upcoming. If the line sells better in the West, it makes perfect sense to make characters who have a larger appeal here than in Japan. Because the line is selling better HERE and NOT there.

Broly..ultra popular evil super saiyan and Vegito, Vegetto whatever you prefer is the fusion of the two most popular characters in the entire series. Tamashii is making character choices based on their Western market. However, the "catch up" game of re-releases is the big challenge as this line grows more popular here ( thanks to expanding licenses and competitors in this scale like Revoltech and Figma) and even their competition has noticed it's wise to re-release some of the classics (like Revoltech has recently done).

Well after discussing all this, now we see why Bandai is making characters like Broly, Vegito and whoever else is upcoming. If the line sells better in the West, it makes perfect sense to make characters who have a larger appeal here than in Japan. Because the line is selling better HERE and NOT there.

Broly..ultra popular evil super saiyan and Vegito, Vegetto whatever you prefer is the fusion of the two most popular characters in the entire series. Tamashii is making character choices based on their Western market. However, the "catch up" game of re-releases is the big challenge as this line grows more popular here ( thanks to expanding licenses and competitors in this scale like Revoltech and Figma) and even their competition has noticed it's wise to re-release some of the classics (like Revoltech has recently done).

I was really surprised Broly was being made after learning more about the company. I never thought he was that popular in Japan.

When i first got Goku like 2 years ago . i thought his bangs were a little to big and or thick . is it just me? Im used to them now .

I wonder if we'll see Gogeta at some point.. I don't see why not. Him, Bardock, Cooler, Janemba, & Beerus are my top movie picks

When i first got Goku like 2 years ago . i thought his bangs were a little to big and or thick . is it just me? Im used to them now .

His entire head of hair is pretty big and thick but I feel it looks better that way than possibly being too small.

I wonder if we'll see Gogeta at some point.. I don't see why not. Him, Bardock, Cooler, Janemba, & Beerus are my top movie picks

I hope so, I honestly want him more than Vegito. It depends when Tamashii decides to make a character that doesn't have shoulder pads/covers. (Broly is the exception since his shoulders are enormous.)

My top movie picks are Bardock, Turles, and Bojack. If the latter is made, hopefully it would open other versions of the Z Fighters in that movie like Gohan and Trunks.

Back