S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an SDCC Goku on eBay for pretty cheap if anybody is looking. $285 total. ...I think that's cheap.

Why didn't we get the longer beams with Goku's Kamehameha like he had in the prototype? Why didn't we get Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon that was originally displayed? Why did they feel Goku smiling while in Super Saiyan mode wasn't "appropriate" to include with the release? Your guess is as good as ours my friend.

There should definitely be some backlash for not having the Super Saiyan Goku smile. If not, then we'll have to get something going. Even if they come out with Super Saiyan 2 at some point, they can add a smiling face and you can use it for regular Super Saiyan Goku, too.

Oh yeah, what the heck with those displays...

4350654109_dda8509db0.jpg

I may buy a few effects from Can of Beams. They got some pretty awesome Rapid Fire, Special Beam Cannon, and Kamehameha effects. I remember somebody had a sword slashing effect too that looked sweet.

I may buy a few effects from Can of Beams. They got some pretty awesome Rapid Fire, Special Beam Cannon, and Kamehameha effects. I remember somebody had a sword slashing effect too that looked sweet.
Can of Beams won't respond to my emails. For about a month now.

Why do the Krillin separate heads come with that orange plastic attached to them?
Probably to prevent damage or just a new design thing.
Why didn't we get the longer beams with Goku's Kamehameha like he had in the prototype? Why didn't we get Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon that was originally displayed? Why did they feel Goku smiling while in Super Saiyan mode wasn't "appropriate" to include with the release? Your guess is as good as ours my friend.
Because our luck sucks. Although Piccolo might just have been a display only thing, I think that's happened before with some lines, not just Figuarts.

Probably to prevent damage or just a new design thing. Because our luck sucks. Although Piccolo might just have been a display only thing, I think that's happened before with some lines, not just Figuarts.

It seems like a waste of plastic though. I mean it's great to hold the figure but not matter what you're going to grab the head.

Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon in that display is insanely big but they seem to have figured out how to put larger effects in the boxes like with Perfect Cell.

Can of Beams won't respond to my emails. For about a month now.

Well that's crappy to hear, errr, read. I was planning on getting a few items from them. SBC and the rapid fire effect look legit. I was going to request a custom clashing beams piece too if the price was right.

Oh well. I'll be broke until next year anyway. So many releases ahead (DBZ and others) this Christmas is gonna be rough haha

I feel like I should buy a case or two of Broly when he comes out and just sit on them until the price is absolutely ridiculous. I wish I had SDCC tix. Totally would have bought as many Vegeta figures as they would have allowed. I shelled out nearly double the retail price less than a week after the con. And I consider that a deal compared to what they are asking/getting for them now.

Canofbeams is just one guy, frankiedf; he comes on here and the dbforums every so often. My guess is he is taking a break, he has been making those things by hand per order for over a year, probably exhausted, I know I would be.

After looking at his site, he cant have been gone that long; the sites had alot of stuff added to it, the kamehameha effect has been massively improved and he even has #18 effect parts. Give him time.

Oh, sweet. I'll give that a try, too. Thanks!

Awesome setup! That is an authentic SHF SS Vegeta, I thought it wasn't due to the face but it would make sense that you have an authentic head with an authentic body, plus the light shading on the tips gives it away too. Scouter Vegeta's head looks pretty freaking awesome on the Datong Vegeta. What did you paint Trunks' eyes for?

Because he looked like Hypno-Toad!

After the paint application. You'll also notice that I did the same to SS3 Goku, who's creeping in the background.

2014-08-27115016_zpsbd1214c6.jpg

If you guys are interested in some Ki blast effects, check this out, it'll only set you back a few bucks:
then there's this if you wanna get creative

What line is that?

Because he looked like Hypno-Toad!

After the paint application. You'll also notice that I did the same to SS3 Goku, who's creeping in the background.

That's a solid paint job.

Canofbeams is just one guy, frankiedf; he comes on here and the dbforums every so often. My guess is he is taking a break, he has been making those things by hand per order for over a year, probably exhausted, I know I would be.

After looking at his site, he cant have been gone that long; the sites had alot of stuff added to it, the kamehameha effect has been massively improved and he even has #18 effect parts. Give him time.

His Kamehameha effect is sick. I really like the look of it. I've noticed how it's changed, too.

lol yeah I painted my Trunks' pupils black too, I used a Sharpie pen I bought at Staples

s0057099_sc7.jpg

Just remember by altering these Figuarts in any way shape or form, even if it's to fix any defects & in this case making Trunks more accurate to the show, you're also effectively de-valuing them. Not only with Figuarts but with any highly collectible figure. I painted my Frieza's shoulders purple because the white part just irks me, but it is what it is.

That's why as nice as it looks to make that change to Trunks' eyes, I'm not going to risk it.

I need a 2nd, 3rd, and hell why not, a 4th of a lot of the figures. Having an entire row for one character in so many different displays would be awesome.

Back