S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they made Shenron this size, then I would still buy it, even if it's not as impressive as the prototype they showed off. But apparently Tamashii's logic is beyond our own

perhaps PwnStar or Wolvie can show them these images & persuade them to at least CONSIDER it... :monkey3

i question the logic of the company i work for everyday too :lol

I was thinking they can do a Build-A-Figure with Shenron. It would help lower tier characters achieve higher demand. I don't expect them to do it at all but it's a possibility.

No worries. I'm glad to hear somebody else's frustration that is similar to mine.

The problem with a Build a Figure would be two major ones.

1- Price.
Every figure from this line gets insanely marked up. SS Vegeta and Trunks jumped from $40 to $200 roughly. If they introduced BAF's then people would have to hunt down ridiculously expensive figures just to assemble it. I can guarantee that scalpers would take advantage of this even more. If SS Vegeta hypothetically had a BAF piece, he may be even more expensive than he already is. They're probably going to slightly bump up the prices to hold a large piece for Shenron. Then there's the issue of packaging space which could further bump up shipping costs. The only way to remedy this would be to have regular re-releases but they don't seem too interested in that due to their rule.

2- Time.
Marvel Legends and the like are available right then and there in the same time. With the release schedule of Tamashii products it would takes years just to build it, and interest might start to wane.

There's also other issues such as what size he should be, but Shenron would be a pretty tough sell.

The problem with a Build a Figure would be two major ones.

1- Price.
Every figure from this line gets insanely marked up. SS Vegeta and Trunks jumped from $40 to $200 roughly. If they introduced BAF's then people would have to hunt down ridiculously expensive figures just to assemble it. I can guarantee that scalpers would take advantage of this even more. If SS Vegeta hypothetically had a BAF piece, he may be even more expensive than he already is. They're probably going to slightly bump up the prices to hold a large piece for Shenron. Then there's the issue of packaging space which could further bump up shipping costs. The only way to remedy this would be to have regular re-releases but they don't seem too interested in that due to their rule.

2- Time.
Marvel Legends and the like are available right then and there in the same time. With the release schedule of Tamashii products it would takes years just to build it, and interest might start to wane.

There's also other issues such as what size he should be, but Shenron would be a pretty tough sell.

Solid points! You took the first problem further than I thought of and the second problem came to mind after thinking about it. I was especially thinking of Marvel Legends and the DC Universe Classics but that was an entire wave of figures.

What would be the top three figures to get at the moment? That are more than likely not going to be re-released and are at a decent price.

TBlake brought up some good points. The most important piece of Shenron is the head, so can you imagine if you had every other piece except that, and SS Vegeta was the only one that had the head but it would cost you $500? Good lord.

I propose they just release it in a package like this, with Goku or somebody. Simple yet effective.
Untitled.jpg

well w/e but sideshow is becomming shady too with "stating" it's sold out and a day later or whenever they suddenly "found" more

Warehouse finds happen. so doe retailers returning merchandise to teh original manufacturer. They also hold back some as Customer service replacements, which once the warrenty period ois past, get sold as well. it's not surprising sideshow suddenly finds more at a later date.

And rereleasing that zero web exclusive made it a hundred times more dirty imo.

This is genuinely bordering on dishonest business to me.

All of this ranting is to say that I genuinely, really feel with those missing out on some of these.

Japanese Market. Japanese company. Japanese business practice. Exploitation of the customer and dirty sales tactics are not as illegal there as here.

Japanese Market. Japanese company. Japanese business practice. Exploitation of the customer and dirty sales tactics are not as illegal there as here.

It's not about legality to me, (if anything they're the ones fussing about that), it's about the morality of it. But if that's what you mean all the same, then yeah maybe. And maybe that was incredibly racist. I don't know.

Warehouse finds happen. so doe retailers returning merchandise to teh original manufacturer. They also hold back some as Customer service replacements, which once the warrenty period ois past, get sold as well. it's not surprising sideshow suddenly finds more at a later date.

i know. i know. dont ever be serious when discussing with me cause im not. but have you seen their latest trend when they put up a new product? it takes the fun (and frustration if you didnt secure one)away of scoring something before it gets sold out. it's good for them, more money. but man, i miss the days of staying up late refreshing the page constantly just to be the first to secure an order cause back in those days it could happen that it got sold out in 1 day. now it takes months and months... with a stupid huge ES

i know. i know. dont ever be serious when discussing with me cause im not. but have you seen their latest trend when they put up a new product? it takes the fun (and frustration if you didnt secure one)away of scoring something before it gets sold out. it's good for them, more money. but man, i miss the days of staying up late refreshing the page constantly just to be the first to secure an order cause back in those days it could happen that it got sold out in 1 day. now it takes months and months... with a stupid huge ES

But what other big characters can they release besides Napper? There's Recoome, Fat Boo, Transformed Cooler...

Yeah considering the droid trio bought, saiyan saga goku, any tall long haired trunks, any tien, nappa and any non-ssj gohan is my top five. And I could deal with not getting nappa actually.

That paired with I'd wish a ssj vegeta rerelease and a couple of zeros and with all that for battle damages looks, I will probably consider my collection complete.

Guess I'm not that far from it. Lot of cool **** like ginyu force but I just dont see any of it happening anymore.

Since we aren't (Are we? TELL US! I don't want false hope!) getting a SSJ Vegeta re-release, my top most wanted is still Boo Saga Vegeta.

I'd be set with:

1. SSJ Vegeta (Boo Saga)
2. Long Haired Trunks
3. Ten
4. Battle Damaged Namek Goku
5. Nappa
6. Raditz
7. Kid Gohan

I think the Arlian Vegeta SDCC exclusive would have made more sense for the year they release Nappa, because those that weren't able to get the original Scouter Vegeta, could at least get some form of it. Then again, if I was in that situation, I'd rather have nothing than that Vegeta, since it's not really Vegeta to me. Being that Battle of Gods is going to be in theaters in August, I think it would have been a good idea to get a repaint of a figure from that movie out for this year's SDCC. People are happy with it, so Tamashii knows better than me.

A Ginyu Force display mocking the Power Rangers & Sailor Moon displays would've been so awesome

Back