S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do other companies continually, for years, do this? Show off products not in production, not available anymore and being vague about whether there is hope for them to be, yet show 'm off in the spotlight aaall the time?

well sideshow showed an in production teaser of a pinhead PF 3 years ago and now it was finally there at sdcc deu to licensing issue's. and look at hot toys with prometheus and back to the future. oh and i remember waiting 4 or w/e years on the cinemaquette predator!

Sometimes I wonder, if the guys in charge had every intent on rereleasing Vegeta or whoever, but there's always that one ****** executive with seniority that wouldn't sign off on it and since it has to be unanimous they can't move forward

When nappa gets release in like 1 to 2 years and saiyan saga vegeta is unfindable, what are they gonna do then? Advertise him with saiyan saga vegetal?

If that's how they roll at least do it like sideshow and be entirely open that these are a limited time buying window and that is it. Limited collectors items. Don't advertise them like hasbro action figures.

Just to get back at Blood I wish they would show that Nappa, just whats left of the head melting into a vat of plastic :p

Jk jk :lol

Jonah-hill-shock.gif

IMO the whole concept of them being web exclusives in Japan meaning no rereleases never made sense to me. Just change the damn boxes for Western audiences like MMPR got and you solve the entire problem, since it technically becomes a seperate release.

It makes sense to me when you DONT apply it to regular releases foreign, and have the balls to say 'f u domestic market, import that **** because you didn't show enough interest when we gave them retail to you'.

'We' revived this line, they're cashing in on it HARDCORE, yet we get to abide by rules set by a different market with different interests.

Bad business.

Not to mention the gripes I have and will remain having with a cheap ass regular goku. Cheapening out on the mmpr team accessories etc.

Like, it's fine it's okay but be straight with fans, be straight about the why, the how, the if and the when.

It's good though that they press on with 16, releasing the trio as a group in one swoop. At least that makes the buying window the same for all of them.

I'm sure it's easier said than done.. we have different perspectives than they do, there's gotta be some legal issues or contract obligations they have to adhere to, that prevents them from doing these things which we deem as "common sense," but from a fan's perspective. Business tactics are weird like that.

@Blood uh that's 100% different mate, those products weren't up for RErelease, just release...

well w/e but sideshow is becomming shady too with "stating" it's sold out and a day later or whenever they suddenly "found" more

a day later. Yeah, a day later. That's fine. How about Tamashii comes out in a year "oh uh, THREE YEARS later we found 'more'."

Not the same dude. They hook people with hopes at this point. It's a dirty sales tactic.

And rereleasing that zero web exclusive made it a hundred times more dirty imo.

This is genuinely bordering on dishonest business to me.

All of this ranting is to say that I genuinely, really feel with those missing out on some of these.

a day later. Yeah, a day later. That's fine. How about Tamashii comes out in a year "oh uh, THREE YEARS later we found 'more'."

Not the same dude. They hook people with hopes at this point. It's a dirty sales tactic.

glad we can agree on that

And rereleasing that zero web exclusive made it a hundred times more dirty imo.

This is genuinely bordering on dishonest business to me.

All of this ranting is to say that I genuinely, really feel with those missing out on some of these.

it's a harsh world and i know how it feels to miss out on things

I'm sure it's easier said than done.. we have different perspectives than they do, there's gotta be some legal issues or contract obligations they have to adhere to, that prevents them from doing these things which we deem as "common sense," but from a fan's perspective. Business tactics are weird like that.

i like your mindset.

If that were the case there's no reason whatsoever not to be publicly open about it. They're not. They've been vague about this for years now and yet they continue to show the product off. They've also literally broken their own rule now, with zero goku. So so much for legal issues. Apparently they can, evidently, be bent.

The communication, THAT is where it becomes dirty. They don't communicate what they're gonna do and it's clear that in most perspectives this serves them business-wise. I find that hard to sympathise with.

Also polls: do they have an sdcc poll this year?

I guess Buu needs to be put back on our poll again...

(And it doesn't matter **** how exceptional zero goku's rerelease is, when you break a rule, you set legal precedence. Period. They CAN rerelease web exclusives, that's a fact now.)

Do other companies continually, for years, do this? Show off products not in production, not available anymore and being vague about whether there is hope for them to be, yet show 'm off in the spotlight aaall the time?

No. That would be like if Hot Toys had Don Vito Corleone on display this year to spice up their display.

Back